Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    That is still a debate with no end in sight as far as pulling the plug goes, isn't it? It's not illegal in the US to do it.

One would think that euthanasia would have to be requested beforehand by the individual. This thread's pretty old. If I have time, I'll try and read it again.
    I agree that an individual should have the right to end their life when they decide. After due diligence and not because the "state" or "caretaker" decides.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Question(s):
    I can think of a couple of reasons off the top of my head "why" to consider it. I've watched people die from cancer and it is an ugly way to go. Being locked in a cage for life without parole and all means or appeal exhausted also comes to mind. Not to mention the State already has the right to kill you for certain crimes. Abortion is legal.

I've often wondered who exactly we are keeping these people alive for. Them? Or us?
    Abortion is legal but it should not be. It's murder.
    State already has the right to kill you for certain crimes. yes.
    Being sick or in some kind of pain is not a crime.

Ok
    1st no one is pro suffering.
    2nd letting people die naturally is not a problem. Helping people die is killing people, and is wrong.
    3rd Life is a gift from God and we have to answer to Him for it, & how we use it. So, we don’t have the freedom to take our lives it’s not completely ours to take.

But For someone who does not believe God has granted life as a gift.
    Then OK sure, do whatever you can get away with, in any context, there are no real rules.

So the very real question is where do ANY rights or moral obligations come from?
    All our laws are just flexible social contracts, ANYthing goes.
    We can kill others in the community for any number of reasons. For the greater good, whatever that is today.. or not.
    Forced euthanasia of the old or infirm or doctors just helping the suffering, there are no real boundaries just people's opinions.
    There are not really any right or wrongs... or "rights".
    Whatever the leaders or the majority wants.
    The 'rights' are just what the group says it is TODAY.

People act like "everyone knows" that killing people is wrong.
    Some people today can't even bring themselves to say what men or women are.
    That's a physical reality.

I believe morals are an objective reality, but most people do not.
    But people should know this practically.
    If doctors are turned from people only focused on restoring health & on saving people from death, to people who "help" people die.
    Any sane person has to at least consider WHICH ONE the doctor at your bedside is trying to do to you. For your own good or the good of the community.
    If the state is turned from an instrument to PROTECT ALL People's lives, and personal freedoms (unless they've committed certain crimes).
    To the state granting licenses for people kill to others for various reasons. Then the only questions is who gets to choose the reasons.
    Just KNOW it may not be you, or people "like you".
    Last edited by revelarts; 01-24-2024 at 04:21 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post