Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default We need to stop kowtowing to COVID-19 refuseniks

Media and the writers are condemning those who choose not to get the vaccine and vilifying them.

Every person, regardless of reasoning, gets labeled as irresponsible. More and more are coming out talking outright of punitive measures towards the unvaccinated.

I am vaccinated and plan on getting my booster, and yet this whole thing infuriates me beyond belief. I hope eventually that Fauci gets exposed for all of his actions, not to mention everyone else involved in any shenanigans.

---

We need to stop kowtowing to COVID-19 refuseniks

When it comes to the anti-vaxxers, I'm in Emmanuel Macron's corner. The French president is so frustrated with these “irresponsible” refuseniks that he just wants to “piss them off” by making their lives so complicated they’d prefer to get vaccinated.

I am sick of hearing about the rights of — or alleged abuses suffered by — the 35 million Americans who haven't gotten vaccinated against COVID-19. I'm more concerned about the dangers they pose to the more than 200 million who have been vaccinated.

Yet cheap-seat politicians and some media are full of sympathy for the unvaccinated, threatened — supposedly — by the heavy hand of government.

Four states — Florida, Tennessee, Iowa and Kansas — have passed laws providing unemployment benefits to those fired for refusing to be vaccinated or tested. Most of these politicians usually rail against lax unemployment benefits, and be certain: There's no rush for a similar waiver for employees who refuse drug testing.

In Georgia, which faces a surge of omicron cases, Gov. Brian Kemp (R), who has a tough primary challenge, criticized the reimposition of mask mandates in Atlanta, vowing “not to divide the vaccinated from the unvaccinated or the masked from the unmasked.” Does he see no difference between those who act responsibly and save lives versus those who don't and risk lives?

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R), always a contender for the lead bottom feeder on this score, is suing the federal government over requiring vaccines for National Guardsman. He's also sending guardsman down to the border to check illegal immigrants, who critics say are COVID-19 spreaders. Square that, governor.

Rest - https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...vid-refuseniks
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Media and the writers are condemning those who choose not to get the vaccine and vilifying them.

Every person, regardless of reasoning, gets labeled as irresponsible. More and more are coming out talking outright of punitive measures towards the unvaccinated.

I am vaccinated and plan on getting my booster, and yet this whole thing infuriates me beyond belief. I hope eventually that Fauci gets exposed for all of his actions, not to mention everyone else involved in any shenanigans.

---

We need to stop kowtowing to COVID-19 refuseniks

When it comes to the anti-vaxxers, I'm in Emmanuel Macron's corner. The French president is so frustrated with these “irresponsible” refuseniks that he just wants to “piss them off” by making their lives so complicated they’d prefer to get vaccinated.

I am sick of hearing about the rights of — or alleged abuses suffered by — the 35 million Americans who haven't gotten vaccinated against COVID-19. I'm more concerned about the dangers they pose to the more than 200 million who have been vaccinated.

Yet cheap-seat politicians and some media are full of sympathy for the unvaccinated, threatened — supposedly — by the heavy hand of government.

Four states — Florida, Tennessee, Iowa and Kansas — have passed laws providing unemployment benefits to those fired for refusing to be vaccinated or tested. Most of these politicians usually rail against lax unemployment benefits, and be certain: There's no rush for a similar waiver for employees who refuse drug testing.

In Georgia, which faces a surge of omicron cases, Gov. Brian Kemp (R), who has a tough primary challenge, criticized the reimposition of mask mandates in Atlanta, vowing “not to divide the vaccinated from the unvaccinated or the masked from the unmasked.” Does he see no difference between those who act responsibly and save lives versus those who don't and risk lives?

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R), always a contender for the lead bottom feeder on this score, is suing the federal government over requiring vaccines for National Guardsman. He's also sending guardsman down to the border to check illegal immigrants, who critics say are COVID-19 spreaders. Square that, governor.

Rest - https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...vid-refuseniks
    What else can dictators decide to enact by pissing people off enough that they comply?

People act like unvaccinated people are the only ones walking around spewing covid germs. Right now the vaccinated are spewing germs as well. The vaccine does not stop the spread. It only helps minimize the symptoms and if you are in good health and work on keeping your immune system healthy you'll be fine.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post