Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default San Francisco supervisors condemn Savage

The liberals trying to squelch free speech, again..Man this is becoming very scary...

Posted: October 2, 2007
    5:33 p.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

San Francisco Supervisor Gerardo Sandoval
    The San Francisco Board of Supervisors today condemned nationally syndicated radio talk-show host Michael Savage, whose program originates in city by the bay, for "hate speech."

It was the board's second attempt at a resolution to condemn Savage for his criticism of illegal aliens in the U.S.

In August, a single vote by a member whose grandfather emigrated from China seven decades ago halted a similar resolution its tracks.

The previous vote was 9-1, with third generation San Franciscan Ed Jew turning in the veto vote, after getting up and affirming Savage's First Amendment right to express his opinion.

Supervisor Gerardo Sandoval had introduced the resolution in August to condemn the radio talker. After the vote, he called for the tally to be rescinded and the proposal sent to committee, which essentially is a polite way of letting the issue die.

"For the record, I do not agree with comments allegedly made by Mr. Savage, but the First Amendment gives him the right to make those comments," Jew said.

(Story continues below)

Sandoval responded with a personal challenge to Jew.

"If this commentary was directed at the Chinese-American or the Asian community, you would not be resorting to this rigid formalism on your part," he said.

That first effort was an attempt to pass the hate crimes condemnation unanimously to avoid a committee hearing. Having missed out on the unanimous vote, the measure is back now from committee.

"This is a dry run against free speech in America by the Islamists and the illegal aliens who are now becoming one and the same," said Savage in August. "It's the same organizational structure. … I am the target of this dry run. They want to see how far they can get in silencing a voice of freedom in the United States of America. They want to see which, if any, governmental agencies will stop them."

"Guess what they learned so far?" he continued. "That not only will no governmental agency stop them in their attempts to kill free speech, they will aid them in their attempts to kill free speech. We have lost our freedoms already.

"Lady Liberty has been hog tied. She is being raped by the illegal aliens. She is being raped by the landlords who are using the illegal aliens. Lady Liberty is there in bindings screaming for us to release her," he said.

Sandoval, who spearheaded the measure, said condemnation of immigrants "leads to the beating of Muslim-Americans and many other Americans."

"This attempt to vilify Latino-Americans will not be tolerated," he said. "We are saying first that we are recognizing this speech is hateful and we are condemning it. Don't fool yourselves. This kind of speech just incites behavior that is nothing short of hysteria. It's the kind of hysterical behavior we saw in Nazi Germany 60 years ago."

One of the nation's top civil rights attorneys offered his assistance to Savage in suing Sandoval.

Daniel A. Horowitz of Oakland, Calif., wrote to Savage after Sandoval introduced his resolution.

"You have a strong federal civil rights action that you can file against Supervisor Sandoval and the city of San Francisco," he advised. "You have a constitutional right to state your political opinions and no city official has the right to lie about what you said or to call for a mob to come to your door to threaten you and to try to have you fired."

Horowitz said the Civil Rights Act of 1871, designed to tame the terror of the Ku Klux Klan, can be used as the basis for a federal civil rights action against the official and the city.

"You are protected by this civil rights act because you are the victim of the same type of mob terror that (the) Klan used to inflict," wrote Horowitz. "This terror is being organized against you simply because people do not like what you say. Translated into legal language, you are being attacked by a type of terrorist because you have exercised your First Amendment rights."

read the rest at..
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57947
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

"This attempt to vilify Latino-Americans will not be tolerated,"
    It will be interresting to see how this turns out. The quote above is disturbing since Savage is talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS not Americans.

Question: Why do minority groups want to be ______- Americans, why don't they consider themselves fully Americans??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this turns out. The quote above is disturbing since Savage is talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS not Americans.

Question: Why do minority groups want to be ______- Americans, why don't they consider themselves fully Americans??
    They know he was talking about...illegal immigrants...
    This is becoming very disturbing how these people are trying to shut up free speech..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was the board's second attempt at a resolution to condemn Savage for his criticism of illegal aliens in the U.S.

can one no longer criticize illegal activity?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    They know he was talking about...illegal immigrants...
    This is becoming very disturbing how these people are trying to shut up free speech..
    I agree. People who are pro-amnesty are trying to muddy the waters so that anyone who is against amnesty is racist, as if the only illegals running around this country are from Mexico. Which is complete BS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm beginning to think we are going to need to go into SF militarily and retake the city. This is starting to go from silly to out right stupid, touching on treason. The idea that they want to silence him that badly says a lot about them.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I'm beginning to think we are going to need to go into SF militarily and retake the city. This is starting to go from silly to out right stupid, touching on treason. The idea that they want to silence him that badly says a lot about them.
    they voted to ban guns....they are a sanctuary city....they married gay people.....they have rent control.....they have a living wage of 11 / hr......they voted no more fleet week.... they voted not to have the Missouri docked there...the list goes on.....plus the place is dirty as hell with homeless people everywhere....the giants and niners both suck....

not sure there is anything worth taking....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    they voted to ban guns....they are a sanctuary city....they married gay people.....they have rent control.....they have a living wage of 11 / hr......they voted no more fleet week.... they voted not to have the Missouri docked there...the list goes on.....plus the place is dirty as hell with homeless people everywhere....the giants and niners both suck....

Yeah probably better to level the place and start over. Where are those pesky earth quakes when you need them.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Savage nation, why care about loosers? He is a joke so why the concern?
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can one no longer criticize illegal activity?
    is there much left that is "illegal" in SF? didn't the mayor break the law by approving gay marriage. as long as it gets them voters, the san fransicko dems will do anything to make their cause legal. see, robbers, gangs, and such, don't have a lot of voting power, so they can keep that kind of stuff illegal. However, illegals have a fairly broad base despite many LEGAL mexican immigrants that are opposed to their view. Gays, have a powerful lobby, thus, the bending over that the dems to in frisco.

just my two and a half shillings

Edit:

just saw your post:

Last edited by Yurt; 10-02-2007 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    why is he a loser? why is he a joke?

so you support ILLEGAL immigrants?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Those FAGGOTS!
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The eucalyptus trees smell very nice.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Those FAGGOTS!
    Those who? My monitor is set to ignore code pink.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    So stifling free speech does not concern you?

Yet at the same time, libs wail and moan about the theoretical loss of civil liberties form the Patriot Act. What a sad country we are turning into.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey