Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default DirecTV To Drop Far-Right Channel OAN From Its Service

AT&T owns both DirectTV and CNN. CNN has had Brian Stelter out doing smug little shots about this all day. If you use DirectTV or AT&T it might be a good time to tell them to shove it and find new services.

https://www.oann.com/directv-to-drop...m-its-service/

U.S. satellite broadcaster DirecTV said on Friday it will drop far-right channel One America News (OAN) from its service when its contract expires, in a blow to the popular news network. OAN, which rose to prominence amid the triumph and tumult of the administration of then-President Donald Trump, has been criticized for spreading conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2020 election.
    “We informed Herring Networks that, following a routine internal review, we do not plan to enter into a new contract when our current agreement expires,” a DirecTV spokesperson said in an emailed statement to Reuters.
    AT&T has a 70% stake in DirecTV, after last year spinning off the satellite service, now an independently managed company. The U.S. telecommunications company entered into a deal with Herring Networks Inc in 2017, which included OAN and a little-watched lifestyle channel, AWE. DirecTV began carrying the networks in April that year.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    AT&T owns both DirectTV and CNN. CNN has had Brian Stelter out doing smug little shots about this all day. If you use DirectTV or AT&T it might be a good time to tell them to shove it and find new services.

https://www.oann.com/directv-to-drop...m-its-service/
    Every time I see "far-right wing" preceding "OAN" I just roll my eyes. They're pro-Trump out of desperation because of stunts like this one. As an aside, I don't consider being pro-Trump being far-right anything.

I'm less than pleased with AT&T. This is just another straw. Try using AT&T's search engine and it goes straight to google My phone appears capable of remember anything it wants to that suits the company's narrative, but it can't remember "OANN". I have to call it up manually each and every time.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

AT&T fancies themselves too big to fail. That is because people go about their daily lives and use their products and services no matter what the company does. At some point people have to say enough and tell these companies to shove their shenanigans and to let US make the decisions about what we will or will not consume.

Until we start making it painful for these companies to do this garbage they will just keep one chugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Every time I see "far-right wing" preceding "OAN" I just roll my eyes. They're pro-Trump out of desperation because of stunts like this one. As an aside, I don't consider being pro-Trump being far-right anything.

I'm less than pleased with AT&T. This is just another straw. Try using AT&T's search engine and it goes straight to google My phone appears capable of remember anything it wants to that suits the company's narrative, but it can't remember "OANN". I have to call it up manually each and every time.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    AT&T fancies themselves too big to fail. That is because people go about their daily lives and use their products and services no matter what the company does. At some point people have to say enough and tell these companies to shove their shenanigans and to let US make the decisions about what we will or will not consume.

Until we start making it painful for these companies to do this garbage they will just keep one chugging.
    I confess I am guilty of being lazy in this regard. You should see the list of crap I won't buy because of the politics of manufacturers.

My daughter does the phone thing and I just sort of tag along rather than deal with it myself. Same with internet. We dumped cable, but still get brand name streaming because of whatever it is my daughter wants for the grandkids.

I guess I don't really use it enough to consider any of it worthy of the time it would take for me to censor the censorers
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks BoogyMan thanked this post