Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Sen. McConnell Slams Biden, Says U.S. Must Arm Ukraine

1. Yes, Biden is being a pussy and giving Putin a green light. It was stupid and didn't need saying at all. He's painted us into a corner. Yes, Putin is pushing, but so would I in Putin's position. Look at the leadership he faces. The US is like the German warship Bismark. Largest, most powerful battleship in the World going in circles without a rudder to steer it. The thought of Biden leading this Nation in a war is scarier than war itself.

We've seen our military leadership in action during the Afghanistan debacle. A bunch of political chair polishing yes men pointing fingers in every direction. Unlike the way it is supposed to work, the blame has gone down the chain, not up it.

I don't know what year McConnell is living in nor what he thinks he has to work with. I'm betting his posturing might not be so bold if he had any actual say in the decision-making. Not defending Biden.

Here's a novel idea: All those Europeans that think they're so much better than us and always criticizing whether we do or we don't? Let THEM take out their own trash for once.

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 10:56 AM PT – Friday, January 21, 2022

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) delivered remarks on Ukraine, Russia and the Biden administration. While speaking on the Senate floor Thursday, the Kentucky lawmaker called Joe Biden’s remarks regarding Russia and Ukraine tensions as “bizarre and devastating.”
    “Our president seemed to state, and I pray unintentionally, that he expects Putin to escalate in Ukraine and at any case Putin can do what he wants,” McConnell explained. “Here’s what the President said: that decision is totally, solely, completely a Putin decision. I suspect it matter which side of the bed he gets up on. What on Earth does that mean?”
    This comes as Vladimir Putin has massed at least 100,000 Russian troops along the border of the Ukraine, which is a sovereign country. Yet, Biden claimed if Russia attacks Ukraine in a “minor incursion,” the U.S. and its allies might not be unified in response to the potential invasion.
    “It was a bizarre and devastating performance, especially, I would add, for our friends on the front lines,” said McConnell. “…Minutes later, White House staff put out a frantic statement laying out a completely different position than what President Biden had just expressed. By then, of course, damage had been done.”
    The Republican senator then asserted that Biden must clean up his remarks and clearly demonstrate American leadership.
    “His administration should be using every waking moment right now to expedite our delivery of real defensive capabilities to Ukraine,” he stressed.
    McConnell maintained Putin is only deterred when the world imposes real costs on his behavior.
    https://www.oann.com/sen-mcconnell-s...t-arm-ukraine/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    1. Yes, Biden is being a pussy and giving Putin a green light. It was stupid and didn't need saying at all. He's painted us into a corner. Yes, Putin is pushing, but so would I in Putin's position. Look at the leadership he faces. The US is like the German warship Bismark. Largest, most powerful battleship in the World going in circles without a rudder to steer it. The thought of Biden leading this Nation in a war is scarier than war itself.

We've seen our military leadership in action during the Afghanistan debacle. A bunch of political chair polishing yes men pointing fingers in every direction. Unlike the way it is supposed to work, the blame has gone down the chain, not up it.

I don't know what year McConnell is living in nor what he thinks he has to work with. I'm betting his posturing might not be so bold if he had any actual say in the decision-making. Not defending Biden.

Here's a novel idea: All those Europeans that think they're so much better than us and always criticizing whether we do or we don't? Let THEM take out their own trash for once.

https://www.oann.com/sen-mcconnell-s...t-arm-ukraine/
    Shockingly it was Germany and UK pushing for preemptive actions against Russian build up via NATO. Biden's greenlighting has caused utter chaos there.

Biden's rambling may have left a different impression, but it was Germany willing to cut the pipeline Biden greenlighted while cutting keystone.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Shockingly it was Germany and UK pushing for preemptive actions against Russian build up via NATO. Biden's greenlighting has caused utter chaos there.

Biden's rambling may have left a different impression, but it was Germany willing to cut the pipeline Biden greenlighted while cutting keystone.
    I don't have a problem supporting Ukraine. Don't have a problem supporting Germany supporting Ukraine. My favorite Olympic lifter and my husband-n-wife dentist team and their secretary are from Ukraine.

I have no problem supporting NATO supporting Ukraine except Ukraine is not a member of NATO. If everyone's going to take a stand against Russia, stop playing wuss politics and let Ukraine join NATO.

Between a rock and a hard place: Biden insists on US participation contingent on his lead; or, our military subservient to PC Euro commanders. I like neither option.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't have a problem supporting Ukraine. Don't have a problem supporting Germany supporting Ukraine. My favorite Olympic lifter and my husband-n-wife dentist team and their secretary are from Ukraine.

I have no problem supporting NATO supporting Ukraine except Ukraine is not a member of NATO. If everyone's going to take a stand against Russia, stop playing wuss politics and let Ukraine join NATO.

Between a rock and a hard place: Biden insists on US participation contingent on his lead; or, our military subservient to PC Euro commanders. I like neither option.
    That has been an issue since WWII, predating NATO. Has always seemed to me a strong argument regarding UN.

This though is on Russian aggression under Putin. First time I can remember where US appears to be arguing with allies regarding taking stand from aggression. Mind you, Euros were arguing for a show of strength and resolve, something Biden basically nixed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post