Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Been Awhile

Got pretty darn sick Christmas Eve, was down 2 weeks, not covid. Well blood pressure was really out of whack, first reading was 215/105! Yeah. Since already was under 110, keeping to low sodium, and walking average of 16k steps per day, meds was really only recourse. Over the course of 2 weeks had ekg and cbc. Sugars a tad up, but Dr. thinks that would be from not moving much and temp. Ekg pretty good, but long spikes indicates hypertension over time.

So now BP is averaging about 135/80, still high, but not stroke in immediate future.

So in order to avoid eating out and still enjoy what I'm having I've been trying some changes.

I think I've mentioned before that finding decent tasting meat around here is more than challenging. Fish? Impossible. Actually it may be the awful fish smells that make the meat so unappealing.

In any case, the doc wants me to gain 5-10lbs, while keeping sugar and sodium down.

So 6 weeks ago I decided to try Butcher Box. I ordered the small box, supposed to be for a month, but it's flexible. I don't eat meat or fish everyday. So it currently looks like 2 months for me, which comes out to about $20 a week. It's really good and for a roast or a lb of chicken breaks, I pack in freezer containers with veg and carb and have dinner ready for heating when home at 11pm. Before I'd just heat up soup or skip altogether, which resulted in dropping a bit too much.

This week I'm adding Wild Alaska Fish box. Of course I'm not going to freeze cooked fish. But the fish cooks fast, so just going to freeze portions of sides and quick cook fish. I really prefer fish to meat, but not supposed to eat more than 2-3 times a week.

Anyone have any other ideas I might add or some really good recipes?
    Last edited by Kathianne; 02-20-2022 at 09:18 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill