Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Seahawks trade QB Russell Wilson to Broncos

"mortgaging" your future is what they call this. And I hate it when teams do it.

Wilson is 33. Used to be about the end of a QB career, but now we see some elites nearing 40 before retiring.

The Broncos are also giving up their backup QB Drew Lock. Good player but not a bad loss. Shelby Harris also given away, a decent defensive end. Not too bad here either. Noah Fant. He's gonna be a great one IMO, and has only played 2 years thus far as a TE.

But damn, then they also toss away 2 first round picks. That alone is huge. First round players are where all of the potential elites come from. Then also two 2nd round picks, where also will be some great players left. And also a 5th round.

That's a HUGE HUGE loss for one player - which may or may not bring you to the playoffs or more.

---

Seahawks trade QB Russell Wilson to Broncos

No one expected this news Tuesday, or maybe ever. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Seattle Seahawks are trading their longtime quarterback Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos.

The exact terms of the trade aren't known yet, but NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that the Broncos are sending a bevy of players and draft picks to the Seahawks in exchange for their Super Bowl-winning star.

Among the players we know reportedly heading to Seattle: backup QB Drew Lock.

According to Pelissero, he was informed Tuesday afternoon that he was part of the Wilson trade, as was defensive end Shelby Harris and tight end Noah Fant.

As far as the draft picks, quite a few are reportedly headed to Seattle: Two first-round picks, two second-round picks, and a fifth-round pick, while a fourth-round pick is headed to Denver with Wilson.

Rest - https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-seahawk...184524937.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

i kind of hope the Broncos lose every game next season.

it was just time, ya know? Russ and the Hawks - that relationship had run its course. The Hawks could have landed a better deal - in fact the deals from Chicago and The Washington Commies were supposed to have been better but Russ refused to sign his no-trade clause for those teams. The hawks got what Russell is pretty-much worth, figuring he's now probably the 5th or 6th best QB - based on his last two years.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

3. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    i kind of hope the Broncos lose every game next season.

it was just time, ya know? Russ and the Hawks - that relationship had run its course. The Hawks could have landed a better deal - in fact the deals from Chicago and The Washington Commies were supposed to have been better but Russ refused to sign his no-trade clause for those teams. The hawks got what Russell is pretty-much worth, figuring he's now probably the 5th or 6th best QB - based on his last two years.
    That's how I felt about a bunch of Steelers players that bailed. The voodoo came out to wish harm to them and their teams.

Shame though, as even though he's 33 he's likely got a bunch of good seasons left, It's now whether or not the Broncos will have the coaching - and also to surround him with good receivers, a great line to protect him & of course a good accompanying defense. One player won't do it, needs to be a complete package.

As far as rankings?

Brady & Roethlisberger out of the picture now, wherever folks may have ranked them...

The rest?

Aaron Rodgers
    Josh Allen
    Patrick Mahomes
    Justin Herbert
    Lamar Jackson
    Kyler Murray
    Dak Prescott
    Kirk Cousins
    Deshaun Watson (Btw, Rumor has it that the Steelers may - "may" be in process of trying to sign him)
    Russell Wilson

That's my legit list before getting to Wilson. This has him around 10th. There are SO many factors to take into account in ranking them and I also think that the beginning group of the top 10 to top 15 are all quite close and can swap around easily.

Deshaun Watson was ranked officially as 4th last year but myself I wouldn't have ranked him there. BUT, if the Steelers might be signing him, then of course he deserves top billing over Wilson.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes darin liked this post