Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Russia warns U.S. over arms shipments to Ukraine

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...raine-00016820

If Russia decides to carry out this latest threat thrown against the wall to see if it sticks, it ought to escalate matters. Going to depend on how the EU and Biden/NATO react. I say it's 50/50 whether or not the West backs down.

Sorry. No faith in the Biden Admin; especially, where balls are concerned.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

If Russia decides to carry out this latest threat thrown against the wall to see if it sticks, it ought to escalate matters. Going to depend on how the EU and Biden/NATO react. I say it's 50/50 whether or not the West backs down.

Perhaps I read that wrong? Any shipments going to Ukraine would be considered targets? That would be assumed, no? Or did he mean shipments in say Poland or Hungary? That would mean attack on NATO, no?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Perhaps I read that wrong? Any shipments going to Ukraine would be considered targets? That would be assumed, no? Or did he mean shipments in say Poland or Hungary? That would mean attack on NATO, no?
    You read it right (or the same as I). Arms shipments to Ukraine are targets. Not very specific as to WHERE they would attack them.

You make a good point though since we just nixed planes flying from a US AFB. Problem with displaying weakness to an enemy is they will exploit it. I would.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This would be a significant escalation, but I don’t know if president chin-dribbles would have the backbone to respond decisively to any action taken. He might respond by air dropping Eric Swalwell into Russia with a megaphone. That would be a really harsh measure.

All joking aside there are so many ways this could turn out to be a truly awful mess. The feckless leadership, the lack of resolve, the rudderless sailing of a country that seems to be lacking direction….I can’t help but think about what the Greeks postulated in their cyclical political doctrine of anacyclosis “weak men make hard times, hard times make strong men, strong men make good times, good times make weak men.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Last edited by BoogyMan; 03-12-2022 at 01:20 PM.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

7. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post