Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. Technically though, people seeking asylum, refuge are here "illegally." Would you deny them all outright, as you have said?

If yes, does this not make asylum, refuge worthless?

People coming here just to come are not the same. Mexico no doubt has a virtual iron wall when it comes to US citizens trying to get away down there. But they think the wall is transparent on one side only.

This does not though answer the question about true asylum seekers. Do you really support the denial of all asylum seekers?
    If I'm not mistaken, you have to "prove" you're here seeking political asylum. If you can, and it's the law, I have no problem with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, you have to "prove" you're here seeking political asylum. If you can, and it's the law, I have no problem with it.
    We agree.

The BOP is another issue though, the burden is not the same as a criminal court, far less.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

We agree.

The BOP is another issue though, the burden is not the same as a criminal court, far less.
    Even though you say asylum seekers are here illegally technically, they are in fact seeking legal recourse through approved procedure.

I do not begrudge anyone who is here legally. That's never been my complaint.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I know that you are fully aware that using deadly force to protect property is illegal.
    I do believe that depends on which state you are in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    I do believe that depends on which state you are in.
    Totally legel here. I'm pretty sure it's legel in Texas and the other border states too, except maybe Ca.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Totally legel here. I'm pretty sure it's legel in Texas and the other border states too, except maybe Ca.
    I'm not so sure, even here. Basically though, if someone comes in your house you can put a few rounds in them, but that is based on the premise of feeling your life or the lives of your family threatened.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm not so sure, even here. Basically though, if someone comes in your house you can put a few rounds in them, but that is based on the premise of feeling your life or the lives of your family threatened.
    That is correct. If you can "prove" that you believed your life was in danger, it's perfectly legal to pump someone full of lead pills.

However, using deadly force on the border is what I believe Yurt was refering to. So if you can't use deadly force to protect your country, what is worth using it for then?
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-05-2007 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

That is correct. If you can "prove" that you believed your life was in danger, it's perfectly legal to pump someone full of lead pills.

However, using deadly force on the border is what I believe Yurt was refering to. So if you can't use deadly force to protect your country, what is worth using it then?
    I believe in that context, "reasonable" force is the appropriate civilian term. However, as we have seen recently in some court case that was posted, the courst does not recognize the authority of civilians. At least that's what they said when they took that dude's house from him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

However, using deadly force on the border is what I believe Yurt was refering to. So if you can't use deadly force to protect your country, what is worth using it then?
    We don't need to 'prove' a thing here, a statement of threat is enough. It's understood here, that if someone enters your home through a window or locked door without permission they ARE a threat to your life.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    We don't need to 'prove' a thing here, a statement of threat is enough. It's understood here, that if someone enters your home through a window or locked door without permission they ARE a threat to your life.
    They'd be one dead sons a bitch if that's the way entered MY house. I'd shoot first, and ask questions later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I believe in that context, "reasonable" force is the appropriate civilian term. However, as we have seen recently in some court case that was posted, the courst does not recognize the authority of civilians. At least that's what they said when they took that dude's house from him.
    I was telling Yurt that my solution to the open door on our southern border would be put the National Guard down there and give them orders to shoot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why because our national guard does'nt have enought to do with a war going on, now they need to be border patrol ? I am sure with all the great minds on this board someone can come up with a better solution for this immigration problem than arming the border with our troops. The immigrants from the border are not a threat to our national security as much as to our social securtity and as soon as that is privatized we can come up with something more to blame them for.
    By the way where did your family immigrate from? Anyone?
    I am from Germany, Whales, oh and guess what I even have some native american in me but my family didnt have to live on a reservation the indian was bread ( as in white bread ) out of me. So no need to hate I am white.
    " Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things" Republican Idiot said it, which one, is unclear at the moment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Slayer View Post
    Why because our national guard does'nt have enought to do with a war going on, now they need to be border patrol ? I am sure with all the great minds on this board someone can come up with a better solution for this immigration problem than arming the border with our troops. The immigrants from the border are not a threat to our national security as much as to our social securtity and as soon as that is privatized we can come up with something more to blame them for.
    I am from Germany, Whales, oh and guess what I even have some native american in me but my family didnt have to live on a reservation the indian was bread ( as in white bread ) out of me. So no need to hate I am white.
    did you and yours come here leagally or illegally?

do you pay taxes?

if you break the law what should happen to you?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Legel too I bet. This is not about where, but about legel, illegel.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The immigrants from the border"? What kind of PC crap is that? I'm pretty sure you're refering to the ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS that break our country's laws by sneaking into this country. Pffftt... immigrant. They have no intention of assimilating into an American. Give me a break. And to say there's no security risk there is just being oblivious.

And although it won't ever happen, putting the National Gaurd on the border WOULD solve the problem. That's why I suggested it. Ignoring it like most are doing now is even worse than my suggestion.

And my family didn't immigrate here. I was "BORN" here. I'm an American.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-06-2007 at 12:19 AM.