Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Tom Brady - UN-retires

Oh please, just fu**king go away already!!

Claims "unfinished business" and this was his message:

“These past two months I’ve realized my place is still on the field and not in the stands,” Brady tweeted. “That time will come. But it’s not now. I love my teammates, and I love my supportive family. They make it all possible. I’m coming back for my 23rd season in Tampa. Unfinished business.”
    It "used" to be back in the day that when a quarterback reached 30 years old he was nearing the end. And then 33-35 was pushing it.

And now, it's more like 35-40 if it's a career QB, or a journeyman that doesn't mind team hopping and filling in when someone gets hurt.

Tom Brady is 44 years old and will turn 45 before the next season even starts. And he is still mostly better than every other QB in the league. He lead the NFL in passing years once again last year. He tossed for more TD's (43) than anyone else last year.

But him and his wife still annoy the damn hell out of me. I would like to see them both kind of disappear off the face of the earth.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh please, just fu**king go away already!!

Claims "unfinished business" and this was his message:

It "used" to be back in the day that when a quarterback reached 30 years old he was nearing the end. And then 33-35 was pushing it.

And now, it's more like 35-40 if it's a career QB, or a journeyman that doesn't mind team hopping and filling in when someone gets hurt.

Tom Brady is 44 years old and will turn 45 before the next season even starts. And he is still mostly better than every other QB in the league. He lead the NFL in passing years once again last year. He tossed for more TD's (43) than anyone else last year.

But him and his wife still annoy the damn hell out of me. I would like to see them both kind of disappear off the face of the earth.
    Tom Brady never had Dick Butkus in his face.

Makes one wonder how long some other QBs from the past would have lasted playing under today's pansy-ass rules. Brady cries to the refs if anyone gets even too close and just pushed him off balance. Roman Gabriel used to carry half the opposing defense down the field with him. What if Namath had been protected like Brady?

Brady gets as asterisk
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Tom Brady never had Dick Butkus in his face.

Makes one wonder how long some other QBs from the past would have lasted playing under today's pansy-ass rules. Brady cries to the refs if anyone gets even too close and just pushed him off balance. Roman Gabriel used to carry half the opposing defense down the field with him. What if Namath had been protected like Brady?

Brady gets as asterisk
    Bill Belichick was smart and from day one he knew enough to surround his quarterbacks with some of the best offensive lines. And then somehow had a knack for when one or 2 leave the team, he was always able to replace them. A lot of coaches would work around a TE that was mainly a blocking tight end. But Belichick always had receiving tight ends. Then of course the WR's. Brady wasn't a part of it, but of course they always built around solid defenses.

But it all starts and started with the great offensive lines. That's why you would rarely see Brady sacked, and how he was always able to sit back and wait for an open receiver.

Don't get me wrong, one of the best to ever toss the ball - but no QB is going in alone. You must have a surrounding team, and that's where Belichick came in. And Brady was smart too and always learned from this. Hence when going to Tampa he made sure the same was accomplished before he agreed to anything.

But yes, I do think some quarterbacks of yesteryear would have performed well. Even some of today's QB's if somehow magically converted to the same team Brady was blessed with. No one goes it alone, none of them will win a ring without the whole team.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post