Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default History Is For Suckers.

It is said that history is written by the victors. It has also been said that in war, truth is the first casualty. No doubt for the winning side, it remains a casualty. This is an old story. For example, Napoleon once said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." Tolstoy also said, "History would be a wonderful thing. If it were only true." I will also show you a meme of somebody who to me had an even more insightful view on the matter.

Jean Jacques Rousseau.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disobey View Post
    It is said that history is written by the victors. It has also been said that in war, truth is the first casualty. No doubt for the winning side, it remains a casualty. This is an old story. For example, Napoleon once said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." Tolstoy also said, "History would be a wonderful thing. If it were only true." I will also show you a meme of somebody who to me had an even more insightful view on the matter.

Jean Jacques Rousseau.jpg
    Ignoring documented cause and effects of history dooms one to repeat it. Take current World events for example. How many times has a war been fought over the ground that is now Ukraine?

Yet the same people who would appease Hitler now wish to appease Putin.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Funny...

This thread, too, is neither intelligent nor thought provoking...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

5. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Funny...

Establishing his base and gauging responses.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Funny...

Yep, almost like trying to piss someone off, for no reason.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny, hjmick thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

.... I will also show you a meme of .....
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

10. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    American country that has been made the bitch of latan america
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Ignoring documented cause and effects of history dooms one to repeat it. Take current World events for example. How many times has a war been fought over the ground that is now Ukraine?

Yet the same people who would appease Hitler now wish to appease Putin.

I see you have "drank the Kool Aid." If history repeats itself, it will be because of people like you. Here is the REAL history. Hitler wasn't the bad guy. Stalin was. And we were the bad guys for backing Stalin. In total, Russian communists were said to have been responsible for the untimely deaths of 80 to 100 million people. And the number is far greater than even 100 million if you count all those who died untimely deaths at the hands of the communist Chinese. Who most likely wouldn't have gained power if not without help from the communist Russians. The Korean and Vietnamese wars were part of the payback we got from that. As well as the Iron Curtain in Europe, the cold war and the world nearly being destroyed in nuclear war with the Russians on a few different occasions.

Also, in 1933 Italian counsel Sergio Gradenigo wrote that he estimated the number of Ukrainians to have been murdered by communists Russians to be 10 to 15 million. To the Ukrainians, Hitler wasn't an invader. He was a saviour! I will show you a picture with a quote of something said by somebody who used to be the head of the NKVD in Russia. His name was Genrikh Yagoda. He is said to have been responsible for the untimely deaths of at least 10 million people. He was also a jew. Does that fact make this reply too "anti-semitic" for this forum? Well that doesn't change the facts. And facts are what I am all about.

commiejews.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Wow. Just wow...

"Hitler wasn't the bad guy."

Hitler was the bad guy. Was Stalin a bad guy? Hell yes, he was a piece of shit. But at that moment in time... the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Hitler was the bigger piece of shit. If you don't get that, if you can't wrap your little brain around that concept... then you're just about as ignorant as I thought...

"Hitler wasn't the bad guy." Jesus Christ, you fucking idiot...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

13. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Funny...

Both usmb and here. Nice way to spread the suck around.

15. Piss Off hjmick says piss off for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

We didn't back Stalin until hitler broke the non aggression Pact and betrayed him.

17. Thanks Gunny, hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Wow. Just wow...

"Hitler wasn't the bad guy."

Hitler was the bad guy. Was Stalin a bad guy? Hell yes, he was a piece of shit. But at that moment in time... the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Hitler was the bigger piece of shit. If you don't get that, if you can't wrap your little brain around that concept... then you're just about as ignorant as I thought...

"Hitler wasn't the bad guy." Jesus Christ, you fucking idiot...

"Fucking idiot?" You can take your "history" as written by the victors and shove it up your ass.

19. Piss Off hjmick says piss off for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    We didn't back Stalin until hitler broke the non aggression Pact and betrayed him.

Ah, more bullshit history written by the victors. Here is the REAL history. After WW I, Germany had to secede some of its territory to Poland. Including the city of Danzig. Hitler deported 60 to 70% of its jews to Palestine under the Haavara Agreement. No doubt there were many Polish jews who didn't like that. So they murdered ethnic Germans there. And probably Russian spies did the same thing in Poland to provoke the Germans into invading to protect ethnic Germans. Which they did. So it wasn't German aggression that started the war. It was German protection of their own people. Also, about two weeks later the Russians also invaded Poland. Where was the declaration of war on them when they did so. Or two or three weeks later when they also invaded Finland. I doubt if this reality will change your mind. Because it takes quite a bit of courage to go against the comfortable lie.

cowardice meme.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I agree that history is written by the victors but not that the world would be better off had Adolf won.

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I see you have "drank the Kool Aid." If history repeats itself, it will be because of people like you. Here is the REAL history. Hitler wasn't the bad guy. Stalin was. And we were the bad guys for backing Stalin. In total, Russian communists were said to have been responsible for the untimely deaths of 80 to 100 million people. And the number is far greater than even 100 million if you count all those who died untimely deaths at the hands of the communist Chinese. Who most likely wouldn't have gained power if not without help from the communist Russians. The Korean and Vietnamese wars were part of the payback we got from that. As well as the Iron Curtain in Europe, the cold war and the world nearly being destroyed in nuclear war with the Russians on a few different occasions.

Also, in 1933 Italian counsel Sergio Gradenigo wrote that he estimated the number of Ukrainians to have been murdered by communists Russians to be 10 to 15 million. To the Ukrainians, Hitler wasn't an invader. He was a saviour! I will show you a picture with a quote of something said by somebody who used to be the head of the NKVD in Russia. His name was Genrikh Yagoda. He is said to have been responsible for the untimely deaths of at least 10 million people. He was also a jew. Does that fact make this reply too "anti-semitic" for this forum? Well that doesn't change the facts. And facts are what I am all about.

commiejews.jpg
    Ridiculous.

I will give you that Stalin was a bad as Hitler. He only proved worse because he was allowed to continue on while Hitler was not.

The number of Ukrainians killed during the Holdomor is estimated between 4-7m. Your numbers are greatly exaggerated. Since I usually argue I can see why Finns and/or Ukrainians would choose to fight for Germany instead of Stalin's Russia, please feel free to not fudge numbers/exaggerate. It is unnecessary to making an argument.

I grew up in the Cold War military then joined it. You don't have to convince me to hate the Soviets or ChiComs. Again, your exaggeration is unnecessary.

Not sure where you took history, but you are acting like what you accuse "the People" of being. Brainwashed.

24. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Huh. A Nazi. Been a while since one of those showed up around here.

I'm going to blame Rev for this one. His Ukraine thread summoned this one like Beetlejuice. Whenever nazis are mentioned more than 3 times in a thread, one of these shitheads appears.

How are you going to fix this, Rev?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

26. Thanks Gunny, hjmick, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, hjmick, Kathianne liked this post