Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    41,832
    Thanks (Given)
    28745
    Thanks (Received)
    22754
    Likes (Given)
    1033
    Likes (Received)
    7622
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    8
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475442

    Default Remember and learn from history: Punish Putin and his cronies, not all Russians

    Where the author appears to be going is further than I'm willing to. That said, the main point here is good, and I agree. I've seen some things done recently by some that are just stupid.

    First and foremost: Why is it Ukranians fleeing Ukraine can cross the Southern US Border but Russians fleeing Russia cannot? Seems to me they're both fleeing the same damned fool with a gun.

    Pouring Russian vodka down the drain FYI, most vodka with Russian-sounding names is not Russian. Russia itself exports one major brand of vodka, and 1 or 2 lesser brands.

    Wartime embargoes are just how it goes. Sucks to have a shitty leader. We of all people should understand THAT.

    Have we learned nothing from locking up every Japanese-American after Pearl Harbor? Not every Russian is Putin. Given the free and fair election in Russia, he's probably not the majority's choice.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...t-all-russians
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

  2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44,581
    Thanks (Given)
    19733
    Thanks (Received)
    14264
    Likes (Given)
    8145
    Likes (Received)
    4300
    Piss Off (Given)
    73
    Piss Off (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Where the author appears to be going is further than I'm willing to. That said, the main point here is good, and I agree. I've seen some things done recently by some that are just stupid.

    First and foremost: Why is it Ukranians fleeing Ukraine can cross the Southern US Border but Russians fleeing Russia cannot? Seems to me they're both fleeing the same damned fool with a gun.

    Pouring Russian vodka down the drain FYI, most vodka with Russian-sounding names is not Russian. Russia itself exports one major brand of vodka, and 1 or 2 lesser brands.

    Wartime embargoes are just how it goes. Sucks to have a shitty leader. We of all people should understand THAT.

    Have we learned nothing from locking up every Japanese-American after Pearl Harbor? Not every Russian is Putin. Given the free and fair election in Russia, he's probably not the majority's choice.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...t-all-russians
    I agree with all, there is a special stupid though with pouring vodka out, Russian or not. It's already yours, YOU ARE POURING YOUR OWN MONEY LITERALLY DOWN THE DRAIN.


    "The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill


  4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    41,832
    Thanks (Given)
    28745
    Thanks (Received)
    22754
    Likes (Given)
    1033
    Likes (Received)
    7622
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    8
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I agree with all, there is a special stupid though with pouring vodka out, Russian or not. It's already yours, YOU ARE POURING YOUR OWN MONEY LITERALLY DOWN THE DRAIN.
    This sounds a bit more personal than just a loss of funds
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44,581
    Thanks (Given)
    19733
    Thanks (Received)
    14264
    Likes (Given)
    8145
    Likes (Received)
    4300
    Piss Off (Given)
    73
    Piss Off (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    This sounds a bit more personal than just a loss of funds
    Not me, lol! Even when I drank it wasn't vodka.


    "The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill


  7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums