Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Remember and learn from history: Punish Putin and his cronies, not all Russians

Where the author appears to be going is further than I'm willing to. That said, the main point here is good, and I agree. I've seen some things done recently by some that are just stupid.

First and foremost: Why is it Ukranians fleeing Ukraine can cross the Southern US Border but Russians fleeing Russia cannot? Seems to me they're both fleeing the same damned fool with a gun.

Pouring Russian vodka down the drain FYI, most vodka with Russian-sounding names is not Russian. Russia itself exports one major brand of vodka, and 1 or 2 lesser brands.

Wartime embargoes are just how it goes. Sucks to have a shitty leader. We of all people should understand THAT.

Have we learned nothing from locking up every Japanese-American after Pearl Harbor? Not every Russian is Putin. Given the free and fair election in Russia, he's probably not the majority's choice.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...t-all-russians
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Where the author appears to be going is further than I'm willing to. That said, the main point here is good, and I agree. I've seen some things done recently by some that are just stupid.

First and foremost: Why is it Ukranians fleeing Ukraine can cross the Southern US Border but Russians fleeing Russia cannot? Seems to me they're both fleeing the same damned fool with a gun.

Pouring Russian vodka down the drain FYI, most vodka with Russian-sounding names is not Russian. Russia itself exports one major brand of vodka, and 1 or 2 lesser brands.

Wartime embargoes are just how it goes. Sucks to have a shitty leader. We of all people should understand THAT.

Have we learned nothing from locking up every Japanese-American after Pearl Harbor? Not every Russian is Putin. Given the free and fair election in Russia, he's probably not the majority's choice.

I agree with all, there is a special stupid though with pouring vodka out, Russian or not. It's already yours, YOU ARE POURING YOUR OWN MONEY LITERALLY DOWN THE DRAIN.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I agree with all, there is a special stupid though with pouring vodka out, Russian or not. It's already yours, YOU ARE POURING YOUR OWN MONEY LITERALLY DOWN THE DRAIN.
    This sounds a bit more personal than just a loss of funds
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

This sounds a bit more personal than just a loss of funds
    Not me, lol! Even when I drank it wasn't vodka.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Bump

universal application?

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Bump

universal application?
    You of course wish to opine regarding the point already made?

I will gladly pour out any Palestinians vodka I can find
    Last edited by Gunny; 10-22-2023 at 01:17 PM.