Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Rush Makes His Case

Not that the left will let the truth get in the way of this non story - here is what happened with dates and times

Limbaugh Makes His Case
    He’s got the story on the “phony soldiers” controversy — if anyone will listen.

By Byron York

On Monday evening, September 24, Rush Limbaugh was struck by a story that appeared on ABC’s World News with Charles Gibson. “A closer look tonight at phony heroes,” Gibson said in his introduction to the report, which was about men who claim to be veterans but are not. In the story, reporter Brian Ross discussed two men who claimed to have served in wartime, possibly to receive free veterans’ hospital and other benefits.

And then this: “Authorities say the most disturbing case involves this man, 23 year-old Jesse Macbeth,” Ross continued. “In a YouTube video seen around the world, Macbeth became a rallying point for anti-war groups, as he talked of the Purple Heart he received in Iraq and described how he and other U.S. Army Rangers killed innocent civilians at a Baghdad mosque.” Ross played video of Macbeth saying, “Women and men, you know — while in their prayer, we started slaughtering them.”

As it turns out, none of that happened. Macbeth was in the Army for just six weeks, was discharged before completing basic training, and was never in Iraq. “Last week in federal court in Seattle,” Ross concluded, “Macbeth offered an apology for defaming the real American heroes as he admitted to lying about his service record and his supposed atrocities.” Ross’ story was headlined “Phony War Vets” on the ABC News website.

Among the viewers that night was a person who works for Limbaugh’s radio program. “My call screener saw the ABC News report and he told me about it,” Limbaugh told me yesterday. Limbaugh decided to make the story the subject of his commentary for Tuesday, September 25, a commentary that played in the morning on the 600 stations that carry Limbaugh’s show. “We researched it and put the commentary together,” Limbaugh continued. “In our research, we also found a story on FoxNews.com from, I believe, May 20th on Macbeth that had ‘Phony Soldier’ in the headline. We also found a press release from the U.S. Attorney, Western District of Washington, on 9/21, who had successfully prosecuted eight of what he called ‘Fake Soldiers’ who had defrauded the VA system.”

So Limbaugh told Macbeth’s story in the commentary and added his own words about the people who had made Macbeth a hero. “They have to lie about such atrocities because they can’t find any that fit the template of the way they see the US military,” Limbaugh said. “In other words, for the American anti-war left, the greatest inconvenience they face is the truth.”

for the complete article

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...k1ZDRhZTMyNWY=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, no.

Limbaugh, the draft-dodger, and one of his half-witted fans were discussing soldiers who didn't agree with the Bush Regime's occupation of Iraq. They decided real soldiers wanted to be in Iraq and that anyone who didn't was a phony soldier.

Appalling but true.
    Building a better America by hammering the Right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Sorry, no.

Limbaugh, the draft-dodger, and one of his half-witted fans were discussing soldiers who didn't agree with the Bush Regime's occupation of Iraq. They decided real soldiers wanted to be Iraq and that anyone who didn't was a phony soldier.

Appalling but true.
    As I said, libs never let facts get in way of a smear campaign

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    As I said, libs never let facts get in way of a smear campaign
    We love facts!

Got any?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We love facts!

Got any?
    try reading what Rush actually said

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sorry, no.

Limbaugh, the draft-dodger, and one of his half-witted fans were discussing soldiers who didn't agree with the Bush Regime's occupation of Iraq. They decided real soldiers wanted to be in Iraq and that anyone who didn't was a phony soldier.

Appalling but true.
    Tsk, Tsk, jo jo, you never fail to enlighten us with your errors!

Rush discussed the MacBeth issue in a prior broadcast. He opened up the telephones the next day and entertained calls. He then made his comment based on his prior discussion and MacBeth and his ilk.

Now, if you have DIRECT PROOF of him making comments to what you have stated I would be happy to read them. But he outlined his position on "phony soldiers" on his very show AND made it clear he was not talking about active soldiers. That and his years of dedication and support to our troops leaves me believing him and not those who ATTEMPT, in a severely poor manner, to twist his words.

The resolution won't go nowhere. Rush's boss basically laughed at the letter he received from Reid, and replied that he won't do a damn thing about it. Cheers to Mays!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry bout that,

1. But this story just keeps giving.
    2. The more it gives the more I .
    3. I can not wait for this story to blow up in the Neoliberals faces.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. But this story just keeps giving.
    2. The more it gives the more I .
    3. I can not wait for this story to blow up in the Neoliberals faces.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    it is fun to watch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    try reading what Rush actually said
    Already did it.

Like I said, we love facts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Already did it.

and when they go against you (which happens often) you ignore them

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Tsk, Tsk, jo jo, you never fail to enlighten us with your errors!

Rush discussed the MacBeth issue in a prior broadcast. He opened up the telephones the next day and entertained calls. He then made his comment based on his prior discussion and MacBeth and his ilk.
    Sorry, no.

Limbaugh and the caller agreed the media always talked with phony soldiers not the real soldiers who wanted to be Iraq.

Read the transcript.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry, no.

Limbaugh and the caller agreed the media always talked with phony soldiers not the real soldiers who wanted to be Iraq.

Read the transcript.
    We did. Now if you would do the same and stop drinklng the Kool Aid from Media Matters and the left wing slime machine

Problem is, this has backfired and exposed the left for the desperate liers they really are

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sorry, no.

Read the transcript.
    I read it, how about quoting directly from the transcript for us and show us where he and the "caller agreed the the media always talked with phony soldiers not the real soldiers who wanted to be in Iraq"?

Lay out his own words for us all here to see and make your case. Don't just use rhetoric and innuendo, post facts for us and make us believers.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Already did it.

yah ignoring them unless they meet your agenda. even if he did call the soldiers that disagreed with the war phony ones, because they joined for college benies, who knows, then who cares? in fact, if you joined the military lately and then bitch about going to war, i would ask what kind of a retard are you.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The real deal

I think the real issue is this: Many people on the right struggle with anyones viewpoint does not agree with their own. They do not even agree that there is middle ground....Rush Limbaugh has gone out of his way to put down moderates....and we all remember the anology used by John Ashcroft comparing moderates to dead skunks. We are talking about theclassic "Either you are for us for us or against us" mentality. In other words if you do not agree with my viewpoint, you are an idiot! It is perfectly fine for Rush and others to disagree with the viewpoints expressed by the John Murthas of this world....but not their military service! There are many military people who question the logic of George Bush.....but they mostly stay quiet out of respect for the commander in chief. It is nice to know that conservatives everywhere have now been put on notice....that a growing number of the troops are questioning our presense and the overall reason for going. I have a nephew who has returned home after three tours of duty in Iraq....and that is what tells me. And he is a marine.