Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default ADL Defends Ukraine's Neo-Nazis: They "Don't Attack Jews or Jewish Institutions

FYI

ADL Defends Ukraine's Neo-Nazis: They "Don't Attack Jews or Jewish Institutions"
    The Anti-Defamation League, the leading pro-Israel lobbying group in America, published a Q&A defending Ukraine's neo-Nazi groups on the grounds that they "don't attack Jews or Jewish institutions."

In an article titled, "Why is Putin Calling the Ukrainian Government a Bunch of Nazis?"[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Georgia] the ADL interviewed David Fishman, professor of Jewish History at The Jewish Theological Seminary, to explain why Ukraine's neo-Nazis aren't so bad.

"There are neo-Nazis in Ukraine, just as there are in the U.S., and in Russia for that matter. But they are a very marginal group with no political influence and who don't attack Jews or Jewish institutions in Ukraine," Fishman said.

"Russia has for years highlighted the activity of a marginal group of Ukrainian ultra-nationalists as a way of trying to stigmatize all of Ukraine," Fishman claimed. "Yes, some members of these ultra-nationalist groups have used Nazi insignia, made Hitler salutes, and used antisemitic rhetoric, but they are politically insignificant and in no way representative of Ukraine. The political parties which the ultra-nationalists support received just over 2 percent of the vote in the 2019 elections. Ukraine is a flawed democracy, but unquestionably a democracy, and in no way a Nazi regime."

Ukraine's neo-Nazis are the good type of neo-Nazis because they're funded and armed by Israeli billionaires.

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=62981

No one cares if your muslim terrorist.. cough .. I mean NAZIs, as long as you're --Fill-in-the-Blank-Neo-Con-Aprroved-Actions-- then
    you're a Good NAZi or Good Terrorist... or better yet the old favorite "FREEDOM FIGHTERS!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-02-2022 at 02:53 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Ukraine mall displays Nazi swastika on staircase

Images and footage from inside the Horodok shopping mall on Kiev’s Bandera Avenue surfaced Monday on Facebook.

A shopping mall in Ukraine that is located on a street named for a collaborator with the Nazis decorated a staircase with a large swastika.

Images and footage from inside the Horodok shopping mall on Kiev’s Bandera Avenue surfaced Monday on Facebook.

They show shoppers climbing up and down the staircase, whose middle-section stairs feature a large swastika locked in a white rhombus encircled by red, similar to Nazi Germany’s flag. The street where the shopping mall is located is named for Stepan Bandera, a Ukrainian nationalist who briefly collaborated with Nazi Germany in its fight against Russia.
    http://www.jpost.com/diaspora/ukrain...aircase-581065
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Labels vs behavior. Who's behaving like Hitler/Stalin and who isn't? What exactly was the difference between Stalin and Hitler? Looks to me like Putin is using their same hate-filled rhetoric.

Because there is always the few that will blame the actual victims

There's probably a small, inconsequential minority of NAZIs in your neighborhood. For that matter, the left in this country is pretty damned fascist.

Given me some grid coordinates so I can call in airstrikes .

Always sympathizing with bad guys
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Sad things is, didn't we use the same logic in Afghanistan, something like
    "We HAVE TO Help the poor Racial Muslims Taliban "freedom fighters" defeat the wicked evil USSR.
    Plus It's just a few Muslims that are "truly" crazy and want to kill all apostates and unbelievers. And even some of our 'good friends', the Saudis, have sent fighters like this Bin Laden guy, who we've given arms too, what could go wrong?"

But hey I'm sure THIS TIME it's completely different.
    Since ever war (we've helped instigate) is completely different.
    And they've always works out exactly as planned
    & for the spreadin' of "democracy" right?
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-14-2022 at 07:11 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Sad things is, didn't we use the same logic in Afghanistan, something like
    "We HAVE TO Help the poor Racial Muslims Taliban "freedom fighters" defeat the wicked evil USSR.
    Plus It's just a few Muslims that are "truly" crazy and want to kill all apostates and unbelievers. And even some of our 'good friends', the Saudis, have sent fighters like this Bin Laden guy, who we've given arms too, what could go wrong?"

But hey I'm sure THIS TIME it's completely different.
    Since ever war (we've helped instigate) is completely different.
    And they've always works out exactly as planned
    & for the spreadin' of "democracy" right?
    People who aren't willing to fight and die for their freedom don't deserve it.

1979 was then, this is now. Aren't you the one just recently claiming history doesn't matter? Ought to make up your mind.

Nobody's talking about "spreading democracy". As loosely as the term "democracy" is used, Ukraine already is/was one. It's about providing support for a Nation to defend itself against unprovoked military aggression. That's called doing the right thing.

You may live in a World in your mind where we're always the bad guys and everything is subjective based on that starting point, but many of us still know the difference between right and wrong and don't let a distorted POV based on leftwingnut public education get in the way.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    People who aren't willing to fight and die for their freedom don't deserve it.

1979 was then, this is now. Aren't you the one just recently claiming history doesn't matter? Ought to make up your mind.

Nobody's talking about "spreading democracy". As loosely as the term "democracy" is used, Ukraine already is/was one. It's about providing support for a Nation to defend itself against unprovoked military aggression. That's called doing the right thing.

You may live in a World in your mind where we're always the bad guys and everything is subjective based on that starting point, but many of us still know the difference between right and wrong and don't let a distorted POV based on leftwingnut public education get in the way.
    ummm Gunny, in your mind, revelarts think the U.S. is always "the bad guy".

Seems in your mind there can't be MORE THAN ONE "bad guy".
    Or you think that people and Gov'ts aren't complex enough so that people can CHEER somethings a gov't does and complain about others.

look just to be clear,
    If the U.S. attacks another country for no d@mn good reason, then yes the U.S. is the bad guy.
    Same for all other countries.
    Doesn't mean that Saddam was a good guy.
    Doesn't mean the Ukrainin Gov't are good guys Gunny.

sorry if i don't fit into a box for ya.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

My bottom line at this point is that I think that a proxy WAR with Russia using an extremely Corrupt, Nazi leaning nation, on the boarder of Russia is NOT a good idea.
    Not good for the U.S., the average Ukrainian OR the rest of the world.
    I get the "freedom" framing, but, for a lot of reasons, I'm not quite buying it man.
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-14-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    ummm Gunny, in your mind, revelarts think the U.S. is always "the bad guy".

Seems in your mind there can't be MORE THAN ONE "bad guy".
    Or you think that people and Gov'ts aren't complex enough so that people can CHEER somethings a gov't does and complain about others.

look just to be clear,
    If the U.S. attacks another country for no d@mn good reason, then yes the U.S. is the bad guy.
    Same for all other countries.
    Doesn't mean that Saddam was a good guy.
    Doesn't mean the Ukrainin Gov't are good guys Gunny.

sorry if i don't fit into a box for ya.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

My bottom line at this point is that I think that a proxy WAR with Russia using an extremely Corrupt, Nazi leaning nation, on the boarder of Russia is NOT a good idea.
    Not good for the U.S., the average Ukrainian OR the rest of the world.
    I get the "freedom" framing, but, for a lot of reasons, I'm not quite buying it man.
    Sorry backatcha. You fit the box perfectly.

We can agree you're wrong. You always are when it comes to good and bad/right or wrong. Picking out the usual 10% that screw up everyone, every time, and presenting them as the majority and their cause "the" cause, is intellectually dishonest.

Disregarding the overall good for the fringe idiots is like the Dems/MSM presenting Marjorie Taylor Greene as the average conservative.

Your decision-making process fails at the start line. You're basing it on a nothing you are presenting as "A Nazi-leaning Nation". The article YOU use as a basis has a statement from the ADL refuting your assertion.

You've turned this into something it is not, completely disregarding the broader picture and facts, just to suit your conclusion. There's nothing right about that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sorry backatcha. You fit the box perfectly.

We can agree you're wrong. You always are when it comes to good and bad/right or wrong. Picking out the usual 10% that screw up everyone, every time, and presenting them as the majority and their cause "the" cause, is intellectually dishonest.

Disregarding the overall good for the fringe idiots is like the Dems/MSM presenting Marjorie Taylor Greene as the average conservative.

Your decision-making process fails at the start line. You're basing it on a nothing you are presenting as "A Nazi-leaning Nation". The article YOU use as a basis has a statement from the ADL refuting your assertion.

You've turned this into something it is not, completely disregarding the broader picture and facts, just to suit your conclusion. There's nothing right about that.
    Concerning the Nazi leaning nation,
    there's plenty more than those 2 articles
    But in another thread you and others already told me that no one cares if they were full of NAZIs anyway... because Putin bad.

Also if i did return & fill this thread with evidence you'd complain that I've posted "a wall of words" and "too MANY videos".
    And if you did read and watched a few you'd still probably say " it doesn't prove anything because... Putin bad... real men fight for 'freedom'."

Sorry not going play Gunny,

BTW, I am looking a "the broader picture". the picture of who and what the Ukrainian Gov't has done over the past 30+ years.
    And during WW2.
    What NATO and the U.S. has done over the 40 years in the region.
    What Russians/Putin have done as well.
    I definitely don't know it all.... I don't think you do either.
    But I see no clean hands... A lot of Hype on all sides... and no good path through promoting more military action.

So, As I said, we disagree.
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-14-2022 at 07:45 PM.