Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Airforce - making itself look pitiful

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

That's got to be a joke... maybe something an Army guy or Marine drew up.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    That's got to be a joke... maybe something an Army guy or Marine drew up.
    It is neither a joke, nor "pitiful". It's a snap judgement being made by someone who has no clue what he is talking about.

Military bases are generally complete with the local wildlife. As Federal reservations, wildlife is treated in accordance with whichever Federal alphabet agency is in charge of how to treat wildlife. Every base I have been on post that by the Basse Commander's order, f-ing with the wildlife is punishable under the UCMJ.

Throw in young military personnel moved from one natural environment to another by assignment. Not to mention their dependents. And the 10% that will have two beers and screw with anything.

In this particular instance, it's geese. Geese are aggressive by nature; especially, if you get around their nesting area/young. Swans are the same. They will attack. Contrary to the implication that USAF personnel are "pitiful", maybe they just didn't grow up where there are geese and have no clue how to handle being attacked by a goose? Odds are good there's a lake on the base.

Been around a lot of military personnel that were never outside the city they grew up in. Real World. Takes all kinds to sign on the dotted line. Not everybody's an expert at everything.

I know a whole bunch of civilians that don't know what's on that sign. Hell, I know some never eve been on a horse.
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-10-2022 at 04:43 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default I thought the air force was familiar with "wings"????

Here at the beach. Around our apartment complex. We have hundreds of Geese since we have six lakes as part of the local area. The GEESE own their land, and water. We know Not to bother them, and they never bother us.
    Some young people who are unfamiliar...like to yell, tease, and throw things at them...and MOMMY GEESE protect their little ones.
    Some people NEVER LEARN.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I'd have FAR more Sympathy for them if was a warning about something like this.

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16