Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a pile of steaming, unscientific, bullshit.
    Verrily it is.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Many scientists and theologians accept a straightforward reading of Scripture and agree that the earth is about 6,000 years old.
    I find that odd, since there is no part of scripture that, through straightforward reading, states the earth is about 6000 years old.....that number comes from the calculations of a mid 19th century theologian who relied on many factors other than scriptures and who messed things up, horribly.....

In light of the fact that the Sumerian civilization was already in existance more than 6000 years ago, it would seem wise that if you expect Christianity to taken seriously, you need to get rid of the more ridiculous claims that have been made in its behalf.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 10-04-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    If you don't like the answers - keep downplaying it.. that's what liberals do..

Anywho.. if you don't like how he framed that one, try this one:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost...1&postcount=29
    The paragraph I quoted is more than enough reason to summarily dismiss anything he or any of his like-minded, pseudo-scientists have to say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

here is something for young earth creationists to consider.....re-read Genesis 1-3....now tell me, using a literal understanding of scripture.....how many years did Adam and Eve spend in the Garden of Eden.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

here is another question to ponder
    Genesis 3
    16 To the woman he said,
    "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
    with pain you will give birth to children.

how many children did Eve have before the fall? Is it not obvious that prior to Genesis 3 she had many painless birthings?

You could follow a totally literal understanding of Genesis 1-2 and still state that the earth was 10 billion years old at the time of the events of Genesis 3

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    According to who?

uh...to anyone who knows what the Scientific Method is.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    uh...to anyone who knows what the Scientific Method is.
    Then it should be a breeze for you to post a few links that the majority of scientists think the theory of macro-evolution is unscientific. I eagerly await said links. I tell you what...to save you some time, I'll settle for ONE, credible link that purports the majority of scientists think the theory of macro-evolution is unscientific.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    That's interesting. Can you elaborate on these 'distortions'?
    lets say i tell abbey that you fell down the stairs and abbey tells man from maine you fell down etc and hurt yourself , then man from main tells sir evil that you fell down the stairs and there was blood every where all this could happen in a day or two ( you know thats true )
    now imagine stories in the bible (no disputing true or false ) have gone on for hundreds and hundreds of years never mind the translations no one will ever tell me there as been no distortion over the centuries. now i know i slightly exagerated the stairs thing but theres the point again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How can a theory be "unscientific"? Isn't it more accurate to accuse it of being just wrong? I would have thought that the term "scientific" or "un" would have referred to the process of arriving at the theory.

Just a question from your friendly forum pedant.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

now imagine stories in the bible (no disputing true or false ) have gone on for hundreds and hundreds of years never mind the translations no one will ever tell me there as been no distortion over the centuries
    however, when we compare copies that are printed today with copies fom the Dead Sea Scrolls, for example, we find there has been no distortion.....how is that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    Verrily it is.
    Disregarding content or any potentially blasphemous overtones, that was funny.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    The paragraph I quoted is more than enough reason to summarily dismiss anything he or any of his like-minded, pseudo-scientists have to say.
    You really must like your self-imposed ignorance, don't you?

If you actually would read the 2nd article, you'd find iit's from an entirely DIFFERENT publication by an unrelated author....

You're the kind of ninny someone could post hundereds of links to and you'd stil keep your head buried in the sand on this issues until 1 you found agreed with your disbelief of God.

You want to talk about Faith? WOW - I have TONS of respect for your HUGE leaps of faith it takes to think this world, how perfectly it's created (distance fromt he sun, its atmosphere which shields us from a violent space, the perfect amount of oxygen to substain life etc etc.) - to think that it all happened by random chance! Now THAT is FAITH brutha! Wow....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. But here's *Part* of what happened.
    2. The Dino's were killed during the flood, Jesus is Gawd and was on Earth before he was born to Mother Mary, Mother of Gawd.
    3. The Dino's were here before the flood, and were in areas where man usually wasn't.
    4. They had special needs, and their food stayed in certain areas, and people as it were, were in the *Garden of Eden* at the time.
    5. Which was protected from Dino's.
    6. There were Gawd given protectors, all around, *The Garden of Eden*.
    7. Later on after man populated the world, from Eve's womb.
    8. You know the story, man was corrupted, and needed to be drowned out.
    9. At this time the Dino's were not offered a place on-board *The Ark*, or spoken to by Gawd to follow Noah.
    10. Who Noah being a faithful man built *The Ark*, even though it had never rained yet on the face of the Earth, Gawd told Noah that it was going to rain and flood the Earth.
    11. Which up till now, it would only make dew on the Earth, and this is how everything got its water.
    12. And man drew his water from springs.
    13. Also at the time, this is very interesting, there was no mountains, just high hills.
    14. When *The Great Flood*, came, and washed everything on the surface to their deaths.
    15. At the same time, the mountains were formed.
    16. The waters from the deep fractured the land, all over the planet, and all the waters weight pushing down on these fractures created the mountains.
    17. Before *The Great Flood*, Oceans were more or less large lakes, smooth as glass, there wasn't even that many rivers.
    18. The rivers that were, were formed from springs, not rain.
    19. It wasn't till, *The Great Flood* that mountains, rivers as we know them, and rain came into existence.
    20. This Earth isn't anywhere as old as *The Scientists* think it is.
    21. *The Great CWN* would estimate this Earth is no older than 5~6,000 years old.
    22. Some animals and insects survived during the flood by clinging to tree stumps.
    23. Most Dinosaurs were washed into the Oceans, unless they got snagged behind a rock or huge tree.
    24. As the Oceans were churned up, the Ocean fish who are used to salt water submerged some 300 feet to maintain normal salt levels.
    25. While fresh water fish remained on the top, and when the land popped up through the new Ocean levels, the fresh water fish pooled on land and in lakes on the new land masses.
    26. While the salt water fish etc. stayed in deep waters where it was salty.
    27. There is more much more, this is my first installment.
    28. I know you can't wait for my next.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    And your source for all of this is...?
    This is almost as good as Lord of the Rings. I'm awaiting the second installment.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    You really must like your self-imposed ignorance, don't you?

If you actually would read the 2nd article, you'd find iit's from an entirely DIFFERENT publication by an unrelated author....

You're the kind of ninny someone could post hundereds of links to and you'd stil keep your head buried in the sand on this issues until 1 you found agreed with your disbelief of God.

You want to talk about Faith? WOW - I have TONS of respect for your HUGE leaps of faith it takes to think this world, how perfectly it's created (distance fromt he sun, its atmosphere which shields us from a violent space, the perfect amount of oxygen to substain life etc etc.) - to think that it all happened by random chance! Now THAT is FAITH brutha! Wow....
    And you're too busy bleating to consider that ALL of these creation proponents are coming from exactly that place. It amazes me to this day that an intelligent person could believe that ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Romans, Babylonians, et al, were full of shit theologically, but the ancient Jews weren't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry bout that,

1. Well, well,.....some proof of my view on how things came about are in fact proven in a small city here in Texas.
    2. If you ever come to these parts of the world, you will find in Glen Rose, Texas, human footprints in the very same layer of sedimate of *The Paluxy River, with Dinosaurs tracks, side by side, within a few feet of each other, even some human footprints within Dino tracks.
    3. You can't de~solidify rock and then millions of years later have humans imprinting this very same layer of sedimate.
    4. I will provide a link is asked.
    5. But anyone can google it themselves and find the information.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN