Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Biden cancels offshore oil lease sales in Gulf Coast, Alaska

@NightTrain NT'sGirl

Rick & Sharon - so what exactly does this mean? Does this affect you guys?

---

Biden cancels offshore oil lease sales in Gulf Coast, Alaska

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration says it is canceling three oil and gas lease sales scheduled in the Gulf of Mexico and off the coast of Alaska, removing millions of acres from possible drilling as U.S. gas prices reach record highs.

The Interior Department announced the decision Wednesday night, citing a lack of industry interest in drilling off the Alaska coast and “conflicting court rulings” that have complicated drilling efforts in the Gulf of Mexico, where the bulk of U.S. offshore drilling takes place,

The decision likely means the Biden administration will not hold a lease sale for offshore drilling this year and comes as Interior appears set to let a mandatory five-year plan for offshore drilling expire next month.

“Unfortunately, this is becoming a pattern — the administration talks about the need for more supply and acts to restrict it,'' said Frank Macchiarola, senior vice president of the American Petroleum Institute, the top lobbying group for the oil and gas industry.

"As geopolitical volatility and global energy prices continue to rise, we again urge the administration to end the uncertainty and immediately act on a new five-year program for federal offshore leasing,'' he said.

The lease cancellations come as gas prices have surged to a record $4.40 a gallon amid the war in Ukraine and other disruptions that have pushed prices $1.40 a gallon higher than a year ago. Consumer prices jumped 8.3% last month from a year ago, the government said Wednesday.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/biden-cancels...ycsrp_catchall

Biden administration cancels 3 offshore oil lease sales

The Biden administration has scotched plans to hold three offshore oil and gas lease sales in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico, a government spokeswoman said Thursday.

Citing a lack of interest from the industry, the Interior Department won't offer tracts at the proposed Cook Inlet in Alaska, an agency spokeswoman said.

The department also will not undertake a pair of lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico "as a result of delays due to factors including conflicting court rulings that impacted work on these proposed lease sales," the spokeswoman said.

The action comes as polling shows US President Joe Biden struggling with low approval ratings amid consumer fury at high gasoline prices and inflation in other household staples.

Reaching first oil and gas production from a federal offshore lease typically takes at least one or two years of drilling and other work. That means the decision on the lease sales will not affect the near-term supply outlook driving commodity prices.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/biden-adminis...ycsrp_catchall
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Yes, that affects us in a big way. Oil is what drives this State, and a hiccup from the big oil producers throws the whole economy into wild gyrations.

Sure, tourism and commercial fishing are important too, but oil is dominant by leaps and bounds.

So, yeah.... Prez Mumbles isn't very popular up here, nor any democrat for that matter.

I sure do miss Mean Tweets and $2 gas.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

3. Thanks jimnyc, Kathianne, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yes, that affects us in a big way. Oil is what drives this State, and a hiccup from the big oil producers throws the whole economy into wild gyrations.

Sure, tourism and commercial fishing are important too, but oil is dominant by leaps and bounds.

So, yeah.... Prez Mumbles isn't very popular up here, nor any democrat for that matter.

I had a feeling.

Seems as if this assH is purposely screwing up our economy. As if he was just outright stupid and losing his marbles somehow.

I honestly hope that if/when the right should win and take some things over this year that perhaps they will seriously think about and aim for impeachment.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I had a feeling.

Seems as if this assH is purposely screwing up our economy. As if he was just outright stupid and losing his marbles somehow.

I honestly hope that if/when the right should win and take some things over this year that perhaps they will seriously think about and aim for impeachment.
    You know he's not the one making these decisions, right?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

7. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    You know he's not the one making these decisions, right?
    Yeah, I know, kinda what I meant with him losing his marbles and what not. I don't think he was in charge of anything as far back as his primaries. Someone helped him through every last thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Yeah, I know, kinda what I meant with him losing his marbles and what not. I don't think he was in charge of anything as far back as his primaries. Someone helped him through every last thing.
    So, who benefits from all his "decisions" to destroy America?

A lot of people think he's controlled by Obama. I think it's the WEF.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 05-13-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Does this affect the incoming checks, and how does it affect the natural born there?

Can the next prez easily enough reverse things for you guys, I hope?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Does this affect the incoming checks, and how does it affect the natural born there?

Can the next prez easily enough reverse things for you guys, I hope?
    Permanent fund checks? For sure. We get a piece of every barrel of oil moved to market, and this bunch of assclowns are doing everything they can to kill petroleum.

Trump would have AK back to rock-n-roll mode in a week. Energy independence nationwide in less than 2 years, maybe as little as 1.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 05-13-2022 at 10:59 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Likes jimnyc liked this post