Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Do you shy away from late model Hondas?

I recently went into a Honda dealer looking for a new 2022 standard shift car. They asked how I was going to pay; I told them personal check. I said that my bank is in Delaware (to be judgment proof) but they insisted on running my credit Furthermore, it would take two months for the vehicle to arrive. I asked "Don't you think that two months is more than enough time for a check to clear?". They replied, "Sorry, company policy". I replied "I'm sorry too" and left. I wound up buying an older Nissan with a 6 Cylinder engine and 6 speed manual transmission for $3K. I then spent another $10K restoring it with USA parts and Mexico labor, including a good paint job. It's a nice rust-free Texas car with very few electronic chips. The previous owner was poor and just kept the car covered until he could afford to fix it which is why it has only 138,000 miles even though the car is 20 years old. I like how it turned out.

The below video makes me glad that Honda dealer tried to play the "finance department hustle", where the MSRP would be considered "a nice down payment" which made me walk away.

Last edited by tailfins; 05-28-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

As an added "surprise", car order agreements don't lock in a price. The price can increase between order and delivery.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.