Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Global Warming - AN Actual Scientific Theory (minus politics)

I do not recall who came up with this, but the motivation seemed apolitical in reading it. Just a theory based on scientific fact. I found it interesting.

If the average temperature of the Earth rises 4 degrees, it will create an uninhabitable zone roughly from the Equator to 1500-ish miles north and south on the surface of the Earth. The melt off from the poles will submerge some places. It will also warm some places currently uninhabitable/capable of sustaining life.

The result will be the two largest nations on Earth will be Russia and Canada. All those frozen northern ports? Not anymore. A portion of Anarctica will be inhabitable. South America from about Uruguay south. South Africa. South Australia. Southern tip of India. Northern Europe.

The US will be our most northern states and Alaska.

That's going to cause a huge upheaval of people/migration. Since we're talking about people, I consider it a foregone conclusion it will be mostly unpeaceful.

Again, it's a theory. I'm not selling it. Just find it interesting and worthy of discussing.
    Last edited by Gunny; 06-19-2022 at 06:55 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I do not recall who came up with this, but the motivation seemed apolitical in reading it. Just a theory based on scientific fact. I found it interesting.

If the average temperature of the Earth rises 4 degrees, it will create an uninhabitable zone roughly from the Equator to 1500-ish miles north and south on the surface of the Earth. The melt off from the poles will submerge some places. It will also warm some places currently uninhabitable/capable of sustaining life.

The result will be the two largest nations on Earth will be Russia and Canada. All those frozen northern ports? Not anymore. A portion of Anarctica will be inhabitable. South America from about Uruguay south. South Africa. South Australia. Southern tip of India. Northern Europe.

The US will be our most northern states and Alaska.

That's going to cause a huge upheaval of people/migration. Since we're talking about people, I consider it a foregone conclusion it will be mostly unpeaceful.

Again, it's a theory. I'm not selling it. Just find it interesting and worthy of discussing.
    How long before the 4° rise happens? And then how long before the melt down?

Trying to decide how much time, money and effort my kids and grandkids need to prepare for survival. Because I hope I'm long gone.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    How long before the 4° rise happens? And then how long before the melt down?

Trying to decide how much time, money and effort my kids and grandkids need to prepare for survival. Because I hope I'm long gone.
    There was no time table. I would assume it's gradual versus waking up one morning and BAM!

I don't have too much issue with the idea of global warming. The politics and business the left has made of it I have a SERIOUS issue with because they are frauds/liars fleecing the sheeple.

The Earth has gone through warming and cooling periods countless times, many in recorded history. The biggest problem this time around is the political/financial opportunists making an industry and trillions of dollars selling the snake oil that Man can somehow stop it.

In the meantime, even a gradual warming of the average temperature of the Earth is going to require sedentary minds to make some life-altering decisions.

If the SW lost its power grid indefinitely, how many people do you supposed would die or get the f- out?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

What pisses me off is that the US is going to punish those that don't conform but places like China and India produce more than the rest of the world can offset. What are they going to do to help with climate change? Nothing.

And, right now California is asking people to not recharge their cars and cut back on A/C use because they're going to have rolling blackouts. Crazy times.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    What pisses me off is that the US is going to punish those that don't conform but places like China and India produce more than the rest of the world can offset. What are they going to do to help with climate change? Nothing.

And, right now California is asking people to not recharge their cars and cut back on A/C use because they're going to have rolling blackouts. Crazy times.
    The whole idea of "fighting" a cyclical change in the Earth's climate is just stupid. Do note that it is mostly headed by countries that have the least to lose -- except they are getting hit hardest by Putin's war. They use the same crap while justifying their "Holiness" in the matter by not producing it.

This planet is a speck of dust in a shooting gallery of a universe. A couple of inches either way, and what's left of us is starting over. These ass clown elitists sell that they have any control at all over it to scared rabbits whose minds can't handle the ideal of randomness.

7. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post