Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Really Scared about Week 5

Man - this steelers game...I can just-as-easily see Seattle getting beat by 2 touchdowns, as I can see seattle winning w/ a last-second FG. VERY nervous.

What-say, Jim? The loser has to use an avatar of the other's choice for a week?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

From ESPN:

Seattle - Pittsburgh

I don't see a difference between these two teams. They're both 3-1. They're really good at home. They reached the Super Bowl two years ago. They gave away games to Arizona this season. They're going to win their divisions by 2-3 games. They have up-and-down QBs who are good enough to be fantasy starters, but not good enough to keep their owners from shopping around for Romo, Brady or Palmer. They have quality running backs who were first-round fantasy picks but haven't totally won the confidence of their fans. They have a recognizable Samoan guy on defense. And they hail from cities known for grunge music, great coffee and tons of rain.

(All right, not everything's the same. But you can't tell me Pittsburgh is better than Seattle, or vice-versa. So why would Pittsburgh be favored by six this week? How does that make sense?)
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    From ESPN:
    Probably a good matchup for sure. What are the injury reports looking like? even matches usually are closer spreads than this so guessing an injury has to be in there somewhere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

No way I bet anything on this one, too close to call! The only reason I can see the Steelers given the point spread by the oddsmakers are based on home field advantage and their defense is a little stingier.

Hines Ward is out again this week and although he's not their entire O, he brings a lot of spirit to the team when he's out there. Polamalu is inked to play but was injured in last weeks game. They'll definitely need him to be bring his A game in this one.

The Steelers would much rather go into their bye week at 4-1 as opposed to 3-2, so this is an important game early in the season.

I wouldn't even venture a guess on this one which is why I wouldn't bet. If either team won by 2 TD's I wouldn't be too awfully surprised, but seems more likely like you said that it'll come down to a last possession FG or similar.

Should be a good game though!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Could they have shown any more shots of Polamalu on the sidelines last weekeend? I was starting to think the cameraman was in love with him.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    No way I bet anything on this one, too close to call!!
    Aw, come on, Jim. The whole avatar thing is so much fun for the rest of us.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Aw, come on, Jim. The whole avatar thing is so much fun for the rest of us.
    Alright, alright. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't have a little faith in my team!

Straight up game - loser must use the other's avatar until the following weeks games. Sound fair, Darin?

Damn, they better win now and this better not jinx them. If I gotta use that damn avatar for a week I'll be pissed. Helluva lot better than if I had to use that homo avatar of OCA's though!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

home teams wins this one...

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Alright, alright. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't have a little faith in my team!

Straight up game - loser must use the other's avatar until the following weeks games. Sound fair, Darin?

Damn, they better win now and this better not jinx them. If I gotta use that damn avatar for a week I'll be pissed. Helluva lot better than if I had to use that homo avatar of OCA's though!
    Sure - If the Steelers win, I'll use the avatar of your choice until week 6. If the seahawks win, you use the avatar(s) of MY choice until the Steelers play their next game.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jim is so gonna be wearing the avatar Darin picks for him! Seahawks are gonna win, and I expect my 6+
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure - If the Steelers win, I'll use the avatar of your choice until week 6. If the seahawks win, you use the avatar(s) of MY choice until the Steelers play their next game.
    How about the loser using a vikings avatar, that would be fitting.

Of course it could be one of my custom choice if you prefer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Based on what I've read here, from a strictly contractual pov, the avatar doesn't have to be related to football. It can be about anything, heh heh heh.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

If Seahwaks win - I use the Seahawks avatar you were using last - a NORMAL one.

If Steelers win - You use the avatar that I'm currently using.

I know you too well ya bastard and I'll end up having a picture of myself kissing another guy as an avatar for a week knowing you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Based on what I've read here, from a strictly contractual pov, the avatar doesn't have to be related to football. It can be about anything, heh heh heh.

Ok, go that route and the unlucky one gets one of my custom jobs. Hmm, could be better left for the winner now that I think about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Evil View Post

Ok, go that route and the unlucky one gets one of my custom jobs. Hmm, could be better left for the winner now that I think about it.
    I see Jim nipped that in the bud just above. Darn. I was really hoping for something, ah, more creative. And you are definitely the man for that job.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 10-05-2007 at 10:25 PM.

-Abbey