Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Republicans Cheer As Beto O’Rourke Digs Giant Sinkhole For Democrats To Pour Their Mo

https://babylonbee.com/news/republic...their-money-in

AUSTIN, TX — Republicans are happily applauding gubernatorial candidate Beto O'Rourke as he continues to dig an enormous sinkhole for Democrats to dump their money into.
    "It's becoming one of my favorite annual events," said Senator Ted Cruz. "The man literally takes hundreds of millions of dollars away from Democratic donors and chucks it into the abyss. Beto seriously might be the best player on our team."

Following O'Rourke's failed Senate candidacy and hilariously futile Presidential run, Democrats are still coming out in droves to throw their money into the void. "It's really inexplicable at this point," said O'Rourke's campaign manager Art Mullinax. "We will make it close, then inevitably lose. But not before we get some great profiles written about Beto being the second coming of JFK and blowing through a hundred million dollars from donors. Looks like we might need a bigger sinkhole!"
    Sources from the campaign say that O'Rourke considered building a bonfire to burn the money, but opted for his usual sinkhole. "Tradition is tradition," said O'Rourke as he tossed a suitcase of money into the darkness. "You never know though, if Texas could just suffer a couple more horrific tragedies that I can exploit by being an enormous turd bucket - I might only lose by a couple points!"
    At publishing time, Republicans were rejoicing to hear that Governor Newsom had bought TV ads in Texas and Florida in which he feeds money from Democratic donors directly into a shredder.
    I guess it's funny if you don't live in Texas. His mere presence in a political World where criminal shit happens and always in favor of the Dems, I don't feel easy with so much as his name on the ballot.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes SassyLady, fj1200 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    https://babylonbee.com/news/republic...their-money-in

I guess it's funny if you don't live in Texas. His mere presence in a political World where criminal shit happens and always in favor of the Dems, I don't feel easy with so much as his name on the ballot.
    I fell for this one until I got to the part where his campaign manager was gloating about the sink hole. Good one BB .. got me this time.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I fell for this one until I got to the part where his campaign manager was gloating about the sink hole. Good one BB .. got me this time.
    This one has enough truth to it that I wasn't laughing that much.

HOWEVER ... the first time I saw Babylon Bee a year-ish or so ago, I went through a whole tirade responding to it. Either you are the one that posted it, or pointed out to me that it was satire

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes SassyLady liked this post