Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Just back from Pennsylvania

And my usual area in the Amish land of Lancaster again. My Dad still loves camping there and I still love going there myself, eating well and just enjoying the quiet and the occasional click clacking of the buggies going on by.

I took some more cruddy drone footage and some photos from it. I also got a new drone in the Dji Mini 3 pro, so the video quality should be pretty good, even if I move it with a "jerky" movements at times and miss things and basically all around suck with it. But learn more every time I fly. Still a lot of fun!

First a couple of photos. And when you open them, you can then click them to see them in full size. Not bad quality from a tiny little drone flying in the wind?

This wasn't the greatest view, just messing around at the Green Dragon Farmers Market. Was H_O_T!!!

https://i.imgur.com/NADLTyD.jpg

This one is the market view from overhead. If you click on it to see full size, it sure draw in a lot and gives you a great view.

https://i.imgur.com/HDFR9uR.jpg

Lastly just a beautiful home I love out in Lancaster!

https://i.imgur.com/cRaLr8O.jpg

And now a few videos.

At the farmers market but video format:

Same place

A short clip at Kitchen Kettle Village

A short clip at the Strasburg Railroad

The train cruising down the line, and after capturing that, I tried to chase him a little!

And last one - and when landing you see my brother, my step Mother, my Dad is in there, then my brother Dan and his girlfriend Erica in the background, and my dumb skinny ass holding the controller as I was taking photos at same time of the family.

(Youtube says still processing the HD versions of this video, so it may look weird until completion)

Oh wait, have a few from my phone!

Strasburg coming at me:

https://i.imgur.com/v9Lq9ic.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/rbBXNVO.jpg

Then video as she passes:

My Dad and my cousin Teddy. Dad is looking and doing great for pushing 90! Had a blowout and crawled under his trailer to change tires and then crawled under again at the campground to do more work prior to our arrival. In very great shape for his dang age. Hope it's in our genes!

https://i.imgur.com/OMFf4ZZ.jpg

My brother John:

https://i.imgur.com/46qtXcV.jpg

English Setter, beautiful hunting dog! Her name is Willow:

https://i.imgur.com/46qtXcV.jpg

Oh, and Btw, that sweet cute looking little piglet bit my dang fingers when I fed him! They have a little gumball machine you put in a quarter and get some food. Did that and like 7 pigs came chasing me!! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks icansayit, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes fj1200, hjmick, icansayit, Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Thanks Jim.

I haven't been up to that part of the country for a very long time. You forget how nice it is...
    Last edited by hjmick; 07-27-2022 at 06:22 AM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Beautiful part of Pennsylvania...

That's the Pa. I remember most. The closer you get to Philly...no SHOEFLY PIE or SMORGASBOARD meals unless you speak Fluent Spanish.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    That's the Pa. I remember most. The closer you get to Philly...no SHOEFLY PIE or SMORGASBOARD meals unless you speak Fluent Spanish.
    Latin/Amish fusion cuisine .... I wonder how that would turn out. I ate at a Chinese/Southern fusion place in Georgia. It didn't turn out so well. Shoo-fly flan? Fajita and refried bean smorgasbord? Any interest?
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Thanks Jim.

I haven't been up to that part of the country for a very long time. You forget how nice it is...
    One of the few nice places I can get too fairly easily. Dad still loves the place and he is still there till the 15th of August. I can only last a few days before I get full and bored. I ate a TON and brought home some great cinnamon raisin bread, Lebanon bologna, 2 racks of ribs, chicken thighs & some apple butter.

Glad to see others enjoying the Amish land. A great place to go eat and relax and enjoy the old fashioned living of the Amish and Mennonite. And biting little piglets!

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Oh, Shady Maple for whoever has been there, the largest smorgasboard! I ate so much there in 2 days! But has to be Lancaster for me. And no more shoo fly pie. Had a taste again and my God is that stuff so much sweeter each time I try it!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Kathianne, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post