Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,175
    Thanks (Given)
    4834
    Thanks (Received)
    4679
    Likes (Given)
    2593
    Likes (Received)
    1598
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14075394

    Default


    https://www.foodbeverageinsider.com/...ater-than-beef

    At a Glance
    •Lab-grown meat production is likely to be up to 25 times worse for the environment than conventional beef production.
    •The study didn’t assess product losses, cold storage and transportation, so the actual environmental impact could be higher.
    •More research is needed to develop more efficient and environmentally friendly lab-grown meat production methods.



    A recent scientific study argues the environmental impact of current and near-term lab-cultivated meat production methods is likely to be “orders of magnitude” higher than conventional beef production—up to a whopping 25% higher compared to conventional retail beef.

    To determine the environmental impact of lab-grown meat production, the researchers of the bioRxiv study conducted a life cycle assessment of the energy needed and greenhouse gases (GHG) emitted during the various stages of production.

    They tapped previous findings from recent technoeconomic assessments (TEAs) of lab-cultivated meat, referred to as “animal cell-based meat (ACBM)” throughout the study, which provided the metabolic requirements the researchers used to complete the life cycle assessment.

    Similarly, previous findings from a recent life cycle assessment of Essential 8, a growth medium designed for stem cell research, provided a purification factor that was used to account for growth medium component processing.

    “Given the stringent medium component purity requirements for animal cell culture, the high purification scenarios with [Essential 8] as the growth medium are likely to represent the more accurate environmental impact of [animal cell-based meat] production,” they explained.

    The researchers measured environmental impact as the carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) emitted for each kilogram of meat produced.

    Of common conventional meats, beef has been shown to have the most impact on the environment. Another scientific study found the median reported GHG emissions for retail beef was about 60 kilograms CO2e per kilogram of fat- and bone-free meat, including edible organs.

    In comparison, the life cycle assessment showed the emissions of lab-grown meat that used a purified growth medium ranged from 246-1,508 kg CO2e per kilogram.

    That’s four to 25 times greater than the median emissions of retail beef, the authors reported.

    “Our results indicate that [animal cell-based meat] is likely to be more resource intensive than most meat production systems according to this analysis,” they wrote. “In this evaluation, our primary focus has been on the resource-intensity of the growth mediums.”

    They pointed, specifically, to the process of refining the cultivated meat’s growth medium to remove or reduce endotoxins, a component of certain bacteria that’s released when the cells are disrupted.

    “Animal cell culture is traditionally done with growth medium components which have been refined to remove/reduce endotoxin,” the researchers wrote. “There are a multitude of methods employed for the separation of endotoxin from growth medium components … In turn, the use of these refinement methods contributes significantly to the economic and environmental costs … since they are both energy- and resource-intensive.”

    The study authors added that the life cycle assessment does not include product losses, cold storage, transportation and other environmental impacts. Including the post-production stages of the product’s life cycle would further increase the environmental impact of lab-grown meats.
    .....

    I wonder how much worse it is for the human body? 25 times maybe? 100 times?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

  2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
  3. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    48,176
    Thanks (Given)
    34546
    Thanks (Received)
    26651
    Likes (Given)
    2497
    Likes (Received)
    10133
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    12
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

    https://www.foodbeverageinsider.com/...ater-than-beef
    At a Glance
    •Lab-grown meat production is likely to be up to 25 times worse for the environment than conventional beef production.
    •The study didn’t assess product losses, cold storage and transportation, so the actual environmental impact could be higher.
    •More research is needed to develop more efficient and environmentally friendly lab-grown meat production methods.



    A recent scientific study argues the environmental impact of current and near-term lab-cultivated meat production methods is likely to be “orders of magnitude” higher than conventional beef production—up to a whopping 25% higher compared to conventional retail beef.

    To determine the environmental impact of lab-grown meat production, the researchers of the bioRxiv study conducted a life cycle assessment of the energy needed and greenhouse gases (GHG) emitted during the various stages of production.

    They tapped previous findings from recent technoeconomic assessments (TEAs) of lab-cultivated meat, referred to as “animal cell-based meat (ACBM)” throughout the study, which provided the metabolic requirements the researchers used to complete the life cycle assessment.

    Similarly, previous findings from a recent life cycle assessment of Essential 8, a growth medium designed for stem cell research, provided a purification factor that was used to account for growth medium component processing.

    “Given the stringent medium component purity requirements for animal cell culture, the high purification scenarios with [Essential 8] as the growth medium are likely to represent the more accurate environmental impact of [animal cell-based meat] production,” they explained.

    The researchers measured environmental impact as the carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) emitted for each kilogram of meat produced.

    Of common conventional meats, beef has been shown to have the most impact on the environment. Another scientific study found the median reported GHG emissions for retail beef was about 60 kilograms CO2e per kilogram of fat- and bone-free meat, including edible organs.

    In comparison, the life cycle assessment showed the emissions of lab-grown meat that used a purified growth medium ranged from 246-1,508 kg CO2e per kilogram.

    That’s four to 25 times greater than the median emissions of retail beef, the authors reported.

    “Our results indicate that [animal cell-based meat] is likely to be more resource intensive than most meat production systems according to this analysis,” they wrote. “In this evaluation, our primary focus has been on the resource-intensity of the growth mediums.”

    They pointed, specifically, to the process of refining the cultivated meat’s growth medium to remove or reduce endotoxins, a component of certain bacteria that’s released when the cells are disrupted.

    “Animal cell culture is traditionally done with growth medium components which have been refined to remove/reduce endotoxin,” the researchers wrote. “There are a multitude of methods employed for the separation of endotoxin from growth medium components … In turn, the use of these refinement methods contributes significantly to the economic and environmental costs … since they are both energy- and resource-intensive.”

    The study authors added that the life cycle assessment does not include product losses, cold storage, transportation and other environmental impacts. Including the post-production stages of the product’s life cycle would further increase the environmental impact of lab-grown meats.
    .....

    I wonder how much worse it is for the human body? 25 times maybe? 100 times?
    Pass. I've got only so much benefit of doubt to go around
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

  4. Likes revelarts liked this post
  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    8,468
    Thanks (Given)
    1155
    Thanks (Received)
    3573
    Likes (Given)
    514
    Likes (Received)
    965
    Piss Off (Given)
    14
    Piss Off (Received)
    1
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11995624

    Default

    Unless it is cut from the carcass of a dead animal, it ain't meat.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

  6. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes revelarts, SassyLady liked this post
  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,175
    Thanks (Given)
    4834
    Thanks (Received)
    4679
    Likes (Given)
    2593
    Likes (Received)
    1598
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14075394

    Default

    And Now Plastic is "food".

    Now They Want You to EAT Wind Turbines Artificially Turned into Gummy Bears.

    Wind turbine blades could be recycled into gummy bears for human consumption at the end of their lifespan, according to new research from scientists at Michigan State University.
    The news comes amidst Democrats and their corporate allies including the World Economic Forum (WEF) pushing renewable energy as a solution to climate change and a viable alternative to traditional fuel. Wind power, which relies on turbines, is one of the most popular forms of renewable energy and counts staunch advocates in the White House.
    Amidst this renewable energy push, researchers at Michigan State University constructed a new form of composite resin for wind turbine blades.
    It is comprised of a mixture of glass fibers with plant-derived and synthetic polymers. Once blades formed from this resin can no longer be used, the new material can be recycled into a variety of products – including gummy bears.
    When dissolved in an alkaline solution, the newly formulated resin produces potassium lactate. The compound, researchers allege, can be purified and converted into sweets or sports drinks.
    “We recovered food-grade potassium lactate and used it to make gummy bear candies, which I ate,” explained John Dorgan, one of the authors of the paper....
    https://thenationalpulse.com/archive...o-gummy-bears/

    BTW
    Microplastics found in human blood for first time
    Exclusive: The discovery shows the particles can travel around the body and may lodge in organs...
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...for-first-time
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-29-2023 at 10:09 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

  8. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
  9. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,175
    Thanks (Given)
    4834
    Thanks (Received)
    4679
    Likes (Given)
    2593
    Likes (Received)
    1598
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14075394

    Default

    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

  10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  11. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    48,176
    Thanks (Given)
    34546
    Thanks (Received)
    26651
    Likes (Given)
    2497
    Likes (Received)
    10133
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    12
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475529

    Default

    Update: I ain't eating no bugs.

    So great. Can't get enough mileage out of "woke" anymore? Time to come up with something equally revolting

    We just move from one drama to the next. Purposefully designed to keep our minds in chaos and off what the string-pullers are doing. We're so inundated with the crap we just shut down rather than try and address the overwhelming amount of bullshit heaped on us.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

  12. Likes revelarts liked this post
  13. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    over here
    Posts
    13,443
    Thanks (Given)
    5592
    Thanks (Received)
    6641
    Likes (Given)
    5402
    Likes (Received)
    4003
    Piss Off (Given)
    35
    Piss Off (Received)
    2
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17558171

    Default

    I believe Italy is going to ban lab meat.

    https://www.euronews.com/culture/202...-food-heritage
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.


    George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

  14. Likes revelarts liked this post
  15. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,175
    Thanks (Given)
    4834
    Thanks (Received)
    4679
    Likes (Given)
    2593
    Likes (Received)
    1598
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14075394

    Default


    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

  16. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    47,753
    Thanks (Given)
    24033
    Thanks (Received)
    17530
    Likes (Given)
    9767
    Likes (Received)
    6209
    Piss Off (Given)
    85
    Piss Off (Received)
    10
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    I would certainly watch this, but the headline you've chosen seems misleading at best:

    https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/t...od-2023-12-22/

    An October 2023 press release announcing a partnership between meat processing company Tyson Foods and insect ingredients supplier Protix has been misrepresented online to falsely claim that it is evidence of insects being added to food for people. A Tyson Foods spokesperson said the deal would not impact any food products meant for human consumption.

    In recent years, pet food manufacturers have turned to insects and larvae as a sustainable protein source to feed animals.


    A post on Facebook (archived) shared a snippet of the press release with a caption suggesting the partnership may impact “chicken nuggets” for human consumption. Another post (archived) claimed that restaurants serving food “supplied by Tyson” would contain bugs.


    However, the Tyson Foods press release did not mention the use of insects in food for people and screenshots shared online omit context about the products affected by the partnership.


    The full press release, dated Oct. 17, 2023 (archived), states in the second paragraph that Tyson Foods and Protix have entered a joint venture to construct and operate “an insect ingredient facility” that will create “high-quality insect proteins and lipids which will primarily be used in the pet food, aquaculture, and livestock industries.”


    A spokesperson for Tyson Foods said in a Dec. 21 email that the venture would manufacture products to be used as a “sustainable ingredient within premium pet food, and as sustainable protein alternatives for aquatic organisms such as salmon and shrimp,” adding that “these products are not being added to food intended for human consumption.”


    The ingredients in Tyson Foods’ chicken nuggets are listed on the company’s website. It does not list insect derivatives.


    (Updated on Dec. 22 to correct a formatting error in paragraph 2)


    VERDICT


    No evidence. The scope of Tyson Foods’ partnership with Protix is limited to the use of insect ingredients in animal feed, not in food meant for human consumption.


    "The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill


  17. Thanks Gunny, Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes fj1200, Mr. P liked this post
  18. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,175
    Thanks (Given)
    4834
    Thanks (Received)
    4679
    Likes (Given)
    2593
    Likes (Received)
    1598
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14075394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I would certainly watch this, but the headline you've chosen seems misleading at best:

    https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/t...od-2023-12-22/
    the headline for the thread includes everything in the thread, and it's not misleading at all really.

    Also,I didn't post anything about "chicken nuggets" that your "fact check" mentions.

    However, Protix's major focus does appear to be on feed for livestock like chicken and the like.
    BTW the World Economic Forum seem to really appreciate their work. And they are OVERT advocates of Humans eating bug products.

    Protixs own website talks about innovation and "food".
    Quote Originally Posted by Protix
    ...From a lightbulb moment about the devastation caused by overfishing, Protix has now brought together the right combination of people, technology and commercial insights. We have the know-how to build up new facilities and commercial interactions and are on the verge of an exciting stage in bringing much-needed change to the global food and feed industry.
    As well as leading the world in the technical aspects of insect production, the company has a strong track record in innovation and commercial market introductions. Protix has been awarded by the World Economic Forum
    with the Technology Pioneer award. In 2020 Protix was nominated as the fastest growing Dutch company with a social mission by the Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship. Protix was recognised as the most innovative Dutch company, and won the Dutch Innovation award 2020...
    https://protix.eu/press_and_media/tf_and_protix/
    MAYBE we should give Tyson and Protix the benny of the doubt.
    But I'm not sure why.
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-26-2023 at 12:54 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

  19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  20. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    47,753
    Thanks (Given)
    24033
    Thanks (Received)
    17530
    Likes (Given)
    9767
    Likes (Received)
    6209
    Piss Off (Given)
    85
    Piss Off (Received)
    10
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    You're glossing over Tyson. I agree with the rest. I'm no fan of Tyson, won't buy their products.


    "The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill


  21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  22. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    48,176
    Thanks (Given)
    34546
    Thanks (Received)
    26651
    Likes (Given)
    2497
    Likes (Received)
    10133
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    12
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You're glossing over Tyson. I agree with the rest. I'm no fan of Tyson, won't buy their products.
    Why? I'm not a fan of chicken at all I generally get local from HEB when I do force myself to eat it. Grandkids however think chicken nuggets are a basic food group.

    I vaguely recall hearing something negative about Tyson but don't recall.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

  23. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    47,753
    Thanks (Given)
    24033
    Thanks (Received)
    17530
    Likes (Given)
    9767
    Likes (Received)
    6209
    Piss Off (Given)
    85
    Piss Off (Received)
    10
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why? I'm not a fan of chicken at all I generally get local from HEB when I do force myself to eat it. Grandkids however think chicken nuggets are a basic food group.

    I vaguely recall hearing something negative about Tyson but don't recall.
    It's several things, I don't go with 'boycotts,' but do avoid companies that seem unethical or just bad in general. (think of my opinions on Trump.)

    Tyson was a big employer of illegals and paying them zippo-basically like Chinese treat their own people. Unsurprisingly they've been at ground zero at treating their pigs and chickens cruelly. Seems like there was more, but those two were enough for me. Mind you, I'm going back 15-20 years or so. Sometimes one just starts saying, 'no' to certain brands, regardless of price.


    "The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill


  24. Thanks Gunny, fj1200 thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, revelarts liked this post
  25. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,175
    Thanks (Given)
    4834
    Thanks (Received)
    4679
    Likes (Given)
    2593
    Likes (Received)
    1598
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14075394

    Default



    I need to check the details on this but it's in line with items i've read eslewhere

    UPDATE:
    Hundreds of Dutch farmers sign up to close their livestock farms under new scheme
    The EU has approved a €1.5 billion scheme to buy out Dutch farmers and reduce nitrogen emissions.
    Over 750 Dutch farmers have signed up for a government buy-out scheme, although it will take months before it's clear if the plan will be put into practice.
    It is part of the Netherlands’ drive to drastically slash nitrogen emissions, a major source of which is livestock farms.
    Farmers in the Netherlands have been staging protests over emissions reduction targets since October 2019.
    Nearly €1.5 billion was earmarked earlier this year to compensate farmers who voluntarily close farms located near nature reserves. Some 3,000 farms are expected to be eligible....
    https://www.euronews.com/green/2023/...der-new-scheme



    3D-printed steaks are now being served at restaurants across Europe
    Israeli startup Redefine Meat, which 3D-prints plant-based steaks, expanded into Europe, with 30+ restaurants in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam. Fake steak is notoriously trickier to produce than imitation ground beef or sausage because it’s hard to nail the texture.

    Redefine Meat aims to be in “thousands” of restaurants across Europe by the end of next year, and eventually to sell to grocery stores too. It’s raised at least $35 million since its 2018 founding.
    Another Israeli startup, Aleph Farms, is also focused on 3D-printing synthetic steaks, albeit using lab-grown meat. It’s raised $131 million since its inception in 2017.
    How it works: Redefine feeds an amalgam of soy and pea protein, chickpeas, beets, coconut fat, and nutritional yeast into its 3D printers, which use layering to replicate the fat and flesh of real meat. The 3D printer does this layering in accordance with the company’s proprietary software models of different cuts of steak...
    https://www.emergingtechbrew.com/sto...-across-europe
    ...
    "Our product is meat, it has the same attributes, it is just manufactured in a different way," Co-founder and Chief Executive Eshchar Ben-Shitrit told Reuters, adding that production capacity would reach more than 15 tonnes a day this year.
    "The fact that our products are now being sold by Giraudi Meats, the same people who sell high-quality meat, shows that they are not compromise vegan products," he said.
    Ben-Shitrit said Redefine Meat was launching tenderloin and striploin steaks and their adoption by chefs in expensive restaurants proved their quality.
    With Giraudi's help, it will launch its products at restaurants and butchers in France this month, then in Italy, Greece and Sweden later this year, and in dozens more countries next year.
    Its New Meat is currently available in Israel, Britain, the Netherlands and Germany in almost 1,000 restaurants that are currently paying about $40 per kilo for Redefine Meat's steak cuts, Ben-Shitrit said. ....
    https://www.reuters.com/markets/deal...pe-2022-10-13/
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-29-2023 at 07:53 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

  26. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
  27. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    48,176
    Thanks (Given)
    34546
    Thanks (Received)
    26651
    Likes (Given)
    2497
    Likes (Received)
    10133
    Piss Off (Given)
    0
    Piss Off (Received)
    12
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It's several things, I don't go with 'boycotts,' but do avoid companies that seem unethical or just bad in general. (think of my opinions on Trump.)

    Tyson was a big employer of illegals and paying them zippo-basically like Chinese treat their own people. Unsurprisingly they've been at ground zero at treating their pigs and chickens cruelly. Seems like there was more, but those two were enough for me. Mind you, I'm going back 15-20 years or so. Sometimes one just starts saying, 'no' to certain brands, regardless of price.
    I've had to modify my "boycott" stance. That must mean I lied and/or am a flip-flopper Had to modify hard-line stances from "never" to "when and where practical". Whether or not it is PC, there are certain items that no matter how hard I try nor how much money I spend, I can't find a suitable replacement.

    However, chicken for me is easy. The people next door to my grandparents raised chickens. They're mindless, nasty, noisy and destructive. They're birds and they have and presumably will always eat bugs. I'm sure the preceding goes a long way toward my distaste for eating bird.

    Still not eating bugs outside a survival situation
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

  28. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums