Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Finally! Some push back on climate change issues

Leaders are starting to challenge the "settled science" of climate change. Australian Senator Malcolm Roberts

If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, AHZ thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

The people pushing this message are insulated from reality, and/or their mindless followers. Assuming the climate is changing which hardly sets a precedent for Mother Earth, pursuing policies that enrich and empower opportunists less interested in the problem than they are their personal wealth and power is spitting into the wind.

How many trillions spent trying with mere mortal people claiming they can to stop what (theoretically) is a cyclical change in the Earth's climate ? Not a dime that I have seen spent on how to actually deal with it.

The UN, as any other bureaucracy, is trying to justify its existence any way it can, because nothing it does justifies its existence. They do nothing but blow hot air and cancel each other out.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Oil Industry Execs Lash Out At Botched Energy Transition

THIS is some pushback. The greenies won't hear it. Not in their game plan to use fact and logic to address a problem. I've been saying this same thing for decades. Had an earnest and honest effort been made "then" to find alternative sources of fuel we'd probably be a lot farther down the path now instead of killing economies and people ramming it down everyone's throats.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...ransition.html
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    THIS is some pushback. The greenies won't hear it. Not in their game plan to use fact and logic to address a problem. I've been saying this same thing for decades. Had an earnest and honest effort been made "then" to find alternative sources of fuel we'd probably be a lot farther down the path now instead of killing economies and people ramming it down everyone's throats.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...ransition.html
    I think there's been many voices calling for a realistic approach to energy. Pollution from fossil fuels has been diminishing in advanced countries for years, but the finite nature of fossil fuel is not something that can be ignored. Thus developing alternatives is a necessity, but wishful thinking will not make it so. Thus that has been the road most greenies have been taking, ignoring both the side effects of their chosen pet alternatives, as well as the limitations of each.

Even the problems developing with each new approach are dwarfed by the insanity of the 'greenies.' Doesn't matter if we are addressing the effectiveness or the problems caused by unintended consequences which are ignored. Bottom line, never acknowledged by the followers is the money being made by the Gores, Kerrys, and governments behind the scenes.

That many may die due to lack of heat/ac may actually be a feature and not a bug to their plans.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think there's been many voices calling for a realistic approach to energy. Pollution from fossil fuels has been diminishing in advanced countries for years, but the finite nature of fossil fuel is not something that can be ignored. Thus developing alternatives is a necessity, but wishful thinking will not make it so. Thus that has been the road most greenies have been taking, ignoring both the side effects of their chosen pet alternatives, as well as the limitations of each.

Even the problems developing with each new approach are dwarfed by the insanity of the 'greenies.' Doesn't matter if we are addressing the effectiveness or the problems caused by unintended consequences which are ignored. Bottom line, never acknowledged by the followers is the money being made by the Gores, Kerrys, and governments behind the scenes.

That many may die due to lack of heat/ac may actually be a feature and not a bug to their plans.
    I suspect people are going to have to die to snap the silent go-along's awake and calling BS. This winter in Europe and the Northern US/Canada is looking like a probable start.

Europe shifted gears too late, IMO, but better late then never. I suspect even a disaster here in the US won't get the current idiot to change course. We could be helping ourselves AND Europe. Waiting to hear THAT voice from the crowd in an accusatory tone (most likely from Europe).

11. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I suspect people are going to have to die to snap the silent go-along's awake and calling BS. This winter in Europe and the Northern US/Canada is looking like a probable start.

Europe shifted gears too late, IMO, but better late then never. I suspect even a disaster here in the US won't get the current idiot to change course. We could be helping ourselves AND Europe. Waiting to hear THAT voice from the crowd in an accusatory tone (most likely from Europe).
    Not just here, though individual European nations appear to be changing course PDQ.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/10...crisis-n503651

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Here's my Honest pushback.

For as long as I have been able to understand words, feelings, sounds, smells, and recognize people (about two or three years old). WE...the human race living on Earth, every year. Have had FOUR seasons. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.
    In all of my 75 years...(that I can remember). The CLIMATES on Earth have been changing, or gotten worse, or better. Depending on the year, and where the reports of WEATHER CONDITIONS came from (BEFORE THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND 24/7/365 REPORTING.)
    The One, and Only thing that has changed the Weather, Climate, Global Temps, has been the access to MORE INFORMATION that Human beings use to PAD THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS through SELFISHNESS and IGNORANCE.

OTHERWISE. NOTHING HAS, WILL, OR IS GOING TO CHANGE EARTH'S CLIMATES.
    Last edited by icansayit; 10-18-2022 at 09:22 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

15. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

the world is heating up 2-3 times faster than the rest of the world?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

17. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Gotta love it when the Idiots blame Humans.

I learned, when I was pretty young in school about the ICE AGE.
    That was supposed to be a scientific fact BY HUMANS, who told us
    The ICE AGE took place, Oh, around a billion or so years ago...LONG BEFORE AL GORE & THE WEATHER CHANNEL.
    Now they are saying the World is getting Hotter...just like those same scientists told us about.
    NOBODY wants to be certain...Because...Too many Idiots have TOO MUCH MONEY TO LOSE!
    All of the dangerous products the Human Race has invented, produced, and SOLD since anyone
    started making stuff other than STICKS and ARROWS, THEN GUNS.
    ALL OF THE MONEY TO BE MADE ON THE BACKS OF "WE CONSTANTLY SCARED, FEARFULL PEOPLE...

IS THE BOTTOM LINE. How many politicians are PUSHING IT?
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

19. Likes revelarts, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

the world is heating up 2-3 times faster than the rest of the world?

that's how bad the climate crisis really is... twice as bad everywhere as everywhere.

it's extremely urgent that we kill most people.
    Last edited by AHZ; 08-10-2023 at 08:51 AM.

21. Likes revelarts liked this post