Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Kind of disappointed that the cone / path seems to be much farther south than I'd hope- we likely won't get anything but a little drizzle
    Where are you these days D?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Well Hell... Looks like we're next, though it won't be a Cat 4. They say the bastard Ian will reach Cat 1 just before coming on shore around Charleston. We were hoping for a tropical storm down around the Georgia/South Carolina state line. So much for hope...

My aunt is stuck down in Naples, for some reason she didn't evacuate. Not the brightest of my mother's siblings...
    Oh man, saw some videos today from not only flooded Fort Myers but mass flooding in Naples as well.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

We lost contact with my Dad at like 7pm last night and he is dead center in the middle of the power outages. Desantis said it's more than just a wire on a pole being reattached, that perhaps the entire infrastructure may need rebuilding before some get power.

He has no power but a generator, but even with would have no cell service in the area and no internet access. None of us can get a hold of him to see how they fared and how the home made it throughout and his trailer.

I guess for now we have to play the waiting game until he gets cell service somewhere. This sucks.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Updates from Fox

Biden's a lot of help. The usual from him when it's American citizens in distress.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/hu...her-09-29-2022
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    We lost contact with my Dad at like 7pm last night and he is dead center in the middle of the power outages. Desantis said it's more than just a wire on a pole being reattached, that perhaps the entire infrastructure may need rebuilding before some get power.

He has no power but a generator, but even with would have no cell service in the area and no internet access. None of us can get a hold of him to see how they fared and how the home made it throughout and his trailer.

I guess for now we have to play the waiting game until he gets cell service somewhere. This sucks.
    I was lucky with brother. First he wasn't on FL, which made it easier, though my niece from Tampa evacuated to his home. He talked to her, they didn't even lose power. Buried cable in newer huge development. At least from what he heard, didneven lose roofing tiles. Lucky indeed. Lots of water, but she said it sounded like it was rushing for golf courses after rain slowed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Where are you these days D?

People's Republic of Maryland... :-/

They took my 20k/year pay raise to move here and turned it into 7800/year take home
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    People's Republic of Maryland... :-/

They took my 20k/year pay raise to move here and turned it into 7800/year take home
    That stinks. Leave it to Sam to screw things up!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?