Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default More About Tik Tok Itself than Fitness -- good Info

Catchy thread title, I know I don't do Tik Tok and don't know much about it. I found what Josh Brett has to say about how Tik Tok operates informative.

"The algorithm gives you what you want. It doesn't give you what you need."

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

If anyone with children watches just this minute and a half of 60 Minutes and allows or continues to allow their children to use Tik Tok, they should lose all parental rights. China will never have to invade the U.S. They are dumbing down our society to the point that future generations will welcome with open arms the leadership of those Chinese rascals...

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

3. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    If anyone with children watches just this minute and a half of 60 Minutes and allows or continues to allow their children to use Tik Tok, they should lose all parental rights. China will never have to invade the U.S. They are dumbing down our society to the point that future generations will welcome with open arms the leadership of those Chinese rascals...

That's where I was going. I'm the "Scrooge" in the house that pays attention to this crap and it's a discussion with the parents I have refused to back down on. It started with Kid's Youtube then Roblox with me.

I own the MF-ing wifi here and I shut that shit right out of any kid devices and the TV's require passwords to go outside the "approved" box. Cuz I'm a dick like that, and this case, quite proud of it.

Roblox is the biggie with the younger kids. The daughter's BF had his kid on it and Jacob wanted on it. I didn't even have to watch. Just listen. Every game on Roblox is based around mindless violence/destruction. For example, what a simple construction site game for your kid? What's the harm? It's not a in your face shoot 'em up like a lot of them are.

Construction begins with demo where they blow up and destroy everything in their way. Construction tools are the destructive weapons. The pattern of mindless violence, no accountability, killing (regardless the real or improvised weapon) is the same.

I got my daughter on board easy enough once I explained what the crap was doing. Her BF the Trekkie/Star Wars/you name it geek and gamer not so much.

It's like this crap is training all kids to be useless thugs and antifa members.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks hjmick, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes hjmick, SassyLady liked this post