Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Iran to disband morality police amid ongoing protests, says attorney general

I wish the protesters the best but have to agree more with the author of the article. Disbanding the morality police alone means nothing. The law still exists.

Just my guess, but I would say this is the government trying to buy time so it can regroup and attack from a different direction with different words and different agencies. It'll take more than an uprising by the (unarmed) people to get rid of the current government.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-63850656
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I wish the protesters the best but have to agree more with the author of the article. Disbanding the morality police alone means nothing. The law still exists.

Just my guess, but I would say this is the government trying to buy time so it can regroup and attack from a different direction with different words and different agencies. It'll take more than an uprising by the (unarmed) people to get rid of the current government.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-63850656
    The 'uprisings' by peoples in 3rd world countries, especially brutal regimes have been rising and fading with regularity for decades. Thanks to the instability of US for over a dozen years, the foreign affairs picture has been very blurry, but a consistent picture of Iran, N. Korea, and China being aggressive has been clear and focused.

Interestingly enough lately, at least Iran and China are having citizen problems again. Yet Biden? State Department? Crickets.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Iran executes four men over alleged links with Israel's intelligence service

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post