Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default "He Took the Coward's Way Out"

SOme guy wipes out a grocery store full of shoppers and saves the last bullet for himself. The MSM goes ballistic. Every crime show makes the statement. Just heard it on the background nausea also known as a crime show, and it always gets me thinking. From an objective perspective, HOW is it "the coward's way out?". IMO, it's the ultimate "FU".

The MSM is deprived of its days months and sometimes years of circus sideshow fodder where guilt in the public arena is established long before the farce of a show trial. No stalking the criminal from arrest to death chamber. No families of the victims wailing and acting out in court. No victim's impact statements to sit through, and with the criminal, the media won't cover them anyway.

The media, the State, the victims and the public are deprived of their entertainment, just hoping this criminal will break down and beg. Or maybe confess to doing something he's already been found guilty of doing. THAT is justice

I'm also wondering just how "cowardly" it is to actually pull the trigger on yourself. No one's around to ask From the POV of a semi-normal/rational person who isn't in any hurry to miss the rest of forever, that seems infinitely harder than pulling the trigger on others.

"Cowardly" because he's 'afraid to face justice"? I don't consider much of the above "justice". Just revenge.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

They should start by shooting themselves, then move on to whatever locale they have chosen...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, Bilgerat, fj1200, revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    They should start by shooting themselves, then move on to whatever locale they have chosen...
    I'm good with that
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks hjmick thanked this post