Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Do we need an ‘amnesty box’ for classified documents?

I say yes to a ONE-TIME, now or never "amnesty box" (we used to have them for unauthorized live ammo). Cut-off date then enforce the damned law, no exceptions. Also included would have to be a collection and consolidation f the "amnesty box" and damage assessment.

The reason I would go for this is, IMO, it's probably way too big not to. These assclown politicians probably have this shit laying on their coffee tables as guest reading material

The author reiterates what I have harped on for years about military and civilian contractors vs politicians when it comes handling classified material.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...ied-documents/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Why?

People who have access to Top Secret documents know the laws. Taking them means they feel they are above the law.

Politicians typically have couple of months to clear out the bulk of their documents after they lose an election. Have the archive people come pack up what is not needed during those intervening months.

Biden's people make it seem they were in a Benghazi or Saigon evacuation chaos moment when they left office and were packing up.

I vote all documents stay for the next administration to use. Nothing goes home with anyone. After all, the new administration now has all the same top secret clearance as the last one, right?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post