Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default 20 AGs join Bishops in condemning FBI memo profiling 'Latin Mass' Catholics

The FBI: Spying and profiling a church near you

The letter states the FBI memo “identifies ‘radical-traditionalist Catholics’ as a potential ‘racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists.’ … Among those beliefs which distinguish the bad Catholics from the good ones are a preference for ‘the Traditional Latin Mass and pre-Vatican II teachings,’ and adherence to traditional Catholic teachings on sex and marriage (which the memorandum describes as ‘anti-LGBTQ’).”
    https://www.thecentersquare.com/miss...97c33da8d.html
    Last edited by Gunny; 02-21-2023 at 10:57 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The FBI: Spying and profiling a church near you

https://www.thecentersquare.com/miss...97c33da8d.html
    This is outrageous. And will no doubt be ignored.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Ha! Been going on for weeks, it's the Catholics and we know that no one gives a F.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Ha! Been going on for weeks, it's the Catholics and we know that no one gives a F.
    Big picture: more redefining words in the English language. Extreme = normal/normal = extreme. It's as if the dullards purposefully make up their own crap rather than just learn to read

As I pointed out in one of the Ohio threads ... spying on Americans money would go a long way paying to put East Palestine back on the map. The government could care less about rural America.

Spying on Catholics, or anyone else for that matter, in church is poster child for anti-Constitutional behavior by government. Where is the FBI when REAL, Islamic extremists are in their mosques fomenting their crimes against anyone they deem infidels? Protecting their religious and speech freedoms of course
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Big picture: more redefining words in the English language. Extreme = normal/normal = extreme. It's as if the dullards purposefully make up their own crap rather than just learn to read

As I pointed out in one of the Ohio threads ... spying on Americans money would go a long way paying to put East Palestine back on the map. The government could care less about rural America.

Spying on Catholics, or anyone else for that matter, in church is poster child for anti-Constitutional behavior by government. Where is the FBI when REAL, Islamic extremists are in their mosques fomenting their crimes against anyone they deem infidels? Protecting their religious and speech freedoms of course
    It's not about 'spying' it's about which groups are ok today to 'spy' on or abuse in other government sanctioned ways. Catholics and Jews and Asians are at the top of the list. Catholic churches have been targeted by liberal groups for years, just intensifying since Roe overturned.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It's not about 'spying' it's about which groups are ok today to 'spy' on or abuse in other government sanctioned ways. Catholics and Jews and Asians are at the top of the list. Catholic churches have been targeted by liberal groups for years, just intensifying since Roe overturned.
    Isn't that way about most things though? It's okay to be openly, frothing at the bit racist so long as you aren't white?

You're in with the cool kids or you ain't and if you ain't, you're fair game.

I'd love to give some of these a-holes a class on what I am intolerant to. Make a lot these "pretty people" wet their panties and cry, running for their safe spaces

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Isn't that way about most things though? It's okay to be openly, frothing at the bit racist so long as you aren't white?

You're in with the cool kids or you ain't and if you ain't, you're fair game.

I'd love to give some of these a-holes a class on what I am intolerant to. Make a lot these "pretty people" wet their panties and cry, running for their safe spaces
    Yeah, though it's the prots who look for allies when the roosters come. Shouldn't be surprised that many would push them to front.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yeah, though it's the prots who look for allies when the roosters come. Shouldn't be surprised that many would push them to front.
    I usually come up at a loss on this top where it goes beyond general knowledge. I was never taught any of this crap, and was not around people who made an issue of it. Guess my family, the military, and when, where and how I grew up didn't have time for such crap as worrying about what someone else was going to church for.

The family's Baptist church and/or military protestant services I attended never pushed such junk either. There's nothing Christian about being a hater. I've already decided there's a special place in Hell for those that hate in Christ's name.

I moved away from organized church/religion long ago. Not because of the message; rather, the people who weren't practicing what they preached. Nobody's perfect, but I don't think blatant hypocrisy is the right example to set for at least trying. I couldn't tell you what protestants are doing. What I can tell you is there are protestant faiths that are further away from the Baptist Church than the Catholic Church is so you can't really lump them all together.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I usually come up at a loss on this top where it goes beyond general knowledge. I was never taught any of this crap, and was not around people who made an issue of it. Guess my family, the military, and when, where and how I grew up didn't have time for such crap as worrying about what someone else was going to church for.

The family's Baptist church and/or military protestant services I attended never pushed such junk either. There's nothing Christian about being a hater. I've already decided there's a special place in Hell for those that hate in Christ's name.

I moved away from organized church/religion long ago. Not because of the message; rather, the people who weren't practicing what they preached. Nobody's perfect, but I don't think blatant hypocrisy is the right example to set for at least trying. I couldn't tell you what protestants are doing. What I can tell you is there are protestant faiths that are further away from the Baptist Church than the Catholic Church is so you can't really lump them all together.
    Really there weren't many Baptists where I grew up. Mostly Lutherans, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians. Mostly Germans and English, neither wanted Irish or any Catholics around. There were decent people, but got a taste of real discrimination. At the same time, all of my close friends were Protestants, so there's that.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post