Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Pastor John MacArthur | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 29

John MacArthur | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 29

wide ranging discussion
    but begins with the the role of truth, religion, christians and christianity in society & gov't

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

2. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    John MacArthur | The Ben Shapiro Show Sunday Special Ep. 29

wide ranging discussion
    but begins with the the role of truth, religion, christians and christianity in society & gov't

this guy is a false christian.

"as christians we submit to the powers that be."

100% false.

jesus spoke truth to power till the bloody end.

and the opposite of submission is non-compliance, not violence.

this person is a noahide brainwash victim.

let's get into it.
    Last edited by AHZ; 07-17-2023 at 12:13 PM.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

John Mac is FAR from a false Christain.
    His 1st authority is God via the scripture.
    He's all for obeying a gov't as long as it aligns with God's word.
    He was fined and threatened with jail for keeping his Church open against State and local rules in California during Covid1984.
    He worked with Civil rights Groups in the 60-70s for equal rights.

God has ordained the Gov't's to be a terror to EVIL doers.
    the Bible doesn't promote anarchism, It promotes Good Gov't under God.
    It doesn't even promote one system of gov't over another. monarchy, oligarchy, democracy, constitutional republic, communist etc etc...
    In one sense it doesn't matter. it's whether or not the gov't is acting RIGHTEOUSLY in the Biblical sense.
    Golden rule - 10 commandments at based.

MacArthur may have a stricter take on gov't authority than you or I in some respects but he'll be right there with us when the gov't crosses the line.

Speaking for myself on the subject,
    SINCE the U.S. Gov't is SUPPOSEDLY of the people & by the people and we are "the kings". And are all really only bound by constitutional contract. I assume that a LOT of the U.S., State and local "law" are BS and really don't have to be obeyed. Since they're illegal at base. They infringe on our rights And the authority they assume was NEVER granted to the gov't. So they are in fact acting illegally enforcing them.
    But I... like most people... just go along to get along. Not because the gov't actions or demands are legit... since IMO 50-75% or more ARE NOT legit.

SO IMO Christians are not bound by God to obey many laws.
    But since most people don't see it that way and think most of the country's laws are somehow legit, it's difficult to swim against the major political tide.
    And i've never felt lead to fight everything at that level. Just talk about it.
    Others in the sovereignty movement and some in the libertarian movement have ACTED in that direction, challenging the courts, legislators & regulators.
    Chipping at the giant Pyramid with a few hammers. It's Good work IMO.
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-17-2023 at 01:42 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

6. Likes SassyLady, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    John Mac is FAR from a false Christain.
    His 1st authority is God via the scripture.
    He's all for obeying a gov't as long as it aligns with God's word.
    He was fined and threatened with jail for keeping his Church open against State and local rules in California during Covid1984.
    He worked with Civil rights Groups in the 60-70s for equal rights.

God has ordained the Gov't's to be a terror to EVIL doers.
    the Bible doesn't promote anarchism, It promotes Good Gov't under God.
    It doesn't even promote one system of gov't over another. monarchy, oligarchy, democracy, constitutional republic, communist etc etc...
    In one sense it doesn't matter. it's whether or not the gov't is acting RIGHTEOUSLY in the Biblical sense.
    Golden rule - 10 commandments at based.

MacArthur may have a stricter take on gov't authority than you or I in some respects but he'll be right there with us when the gov't crosses the line.

Speaking for myself on the subject,
    SINCE the U.S. Gov't is SUPPOSEDLY of the people & by the people and we are "the kings". And are all really only bound by constitutional contract. I assume that a LOT of the U.S., State and local "law" are BS and really don't have to be obeyed. Since they're illegal at base. They infringe on our rights And the authority they assume was NEVER granted to the gov't. So they are in fact acting illegally enforcing them.
    But I... like most people... just go along to get along. Not because the gov't actions or demands are legit... since IMO 50-75% or more ARE NOT legit.

SO IMO Christians are not bound by God to obey many laws.
    But since most people don't see it that way and think most of the country's laws are somehow legit, it's difficult to swim against the major political tide.
    And i've never felt lead to fight everything at that level. Just talk about it.
    Others in the sovereignty movement and some in the libertarian movement have ACTED in that direction, challenging the courts, legislators & regulators.
    Chipping at the giant Pyramid with a few hammers. It's Good work IMO.
    in this video he said christians submit to the powers that be.

just rubbed me the wrong way.

i don't know him extensively i admit.

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post