Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default DoorDash driver refused to hand over food after patron gives her $8 tip

12 1/2 miles and it takes her 40 minutes? She's either lying or an incompetently slow driver. What does she expect for a delivery job? She's not a waitress/waiter looking over a table, she sits in her car, then walks food to the door. And then the audacity to complain about gratuity & then ask for more - and then classless to keep the food over her tip.

After that conversation - I would have very politely told her I am coming down with my wallet - and then I would have tossed the food in her face and told her to keep the tip.

---

DoorDash driver refused to hand over food after patron gives her $8 tip

She was fed up.

A DoorDash driver has gone viral when she refused to give a man his food after he only tipped her $8 for a delivery.

The video, which was been viewed nearly 1 million times on Youtube, shows Ring camera footage of the woman yelling at the man for the seemingly measly tip when she went on a 12-and-a-half mile trip to collect the food.

According to the woman, the man must not “must not realize” how far she traveled to collect the food.

The woman explained that she had to drive to Commack, Long Island to pick up the savory food and then travel to Smithtown, which the woman claimed took her 40 minutes.

According to the man, the drive should have only taken 15 to 20 minutes.

“It’s not, you need to try and drive it. I just drove it, it’s 40 minutes. It’s 12 and a half miles,” said the angry driver.

“What the h–l are you looking for? I gave an $8 tip,” said the man when the woman asked him to adjust the tip.

It was then the woman claimed that she was going to return the food and begins to leave.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2023/03/05/doorda...ceiving-8-tip/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Doordash drivers unite!!!!

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Can't say I'm okay with the delivery driver's behavior. She signed up for the crap, for better or worse.

On the other hand, $8 for a delivery tip? Weak.

I'm dragging someone out to do my shopping for me, at their time and expense.

I don't see a "right" here.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Can't say I'm okay with the delivery driver's behavior. She signed up for the crap, for better or worse.

On the other hand, $8 for a delivery tip? Weak.

I'm dragging someone out to do my shopping for me, at their time and expense.

I don't see a "right" here.
    All those apps, uber eats included, are all known for exactly what they pay, and all tips included. But hell, what if someone orders a pizza for dinner and a few sides with a bottle of coke. Here that would be approx. $15 for large pizza, $8 for each side and $4 for the bottle. So what's that, $35? Even at 20% that is $7.

And her argument is what irritated me, that it takes 40 minutes to go 12.5 miles. She's just bolstering her own argument, IMO.

And then I would have thrown my pizza at her.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    All those apps, uber eats included, are all known for exactly what they pay, and all tips included. But hell, what if someone orders a pizza for dinner and a few sides with a bottle of coke. Here that would be approx. $15 for large pizza, $8 for each side and $4 for the bottle. So what's that, $35? Even at 20% that is $7.

And her argument is what irritated me, that it takes 40 minutes to go 12.5 miles. She's just bolstering her own argument, IMO.

And then I would have thrown my pizza at her.
    Back in the day, when we delivered via covered wagon, I delivered pizza for a local joint in Miami. Was a couple nights a week, didn't interfere with school, and helped pay for the insurance on my heap Pizza Hut was a walk-in or take out only restaurant.

$5 for gas plus tips. There was no "wage". Lousy tips sucked. Most people were fair and got close to the 10% and you couldn't really complain. Then there were those that were 10% to the freakin penny and you got it in exact change, and those that thought it was still 1957

An aside: was ona delivery and the guy says Oh man, I don't have any ones. You smoke? Yeppers . I got a handful of Columbian worth way more than any couple of bucks

Anyway, because of that job, I tip well. Always have. I consider it into what I'm planning to spend beforehand. If you get the minimum 10% or whatever the place puts as mandatory minimum, you suck
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Back in the day, when we delivered via covered wagon, I delivered pizza for a local joint in Miami. Was a couple nights a week, didn't interfere with school, and helped pay for the insurance on my heap Pizza Hut was a walk-in or take out only restaurant.

$5 for gas plus tips. There was no "wage". Lousy tips sucked. Most people were fair and got close to the 10% and you couldn't really complain. Then there were those that were 10% to the freakin penny and you got it in exact change, and those that thought it was still 1957

An aside: was ona delivery and the guy says Oh man, I don't have any ones. You smoke? Yeppers . I got a handful of Columbian worth way more than any couple of bucks

Anyway, because of that job, I tip well. Always have. I consider it into what I'm planning to spend beforehand. If you get the minimum 10% or whatever the place puts as mandatory minimum, you suck
    Me personally, I tip very well. Minimum $10 for coming out and usually 20% in total. So if I order $80 of dinner for the family, which is "average" for around here - my tip would then be $20. But hell, that's for a couple bags of food and driving 5 mi. or less around here. Any more and I can just go sit in the damn restaurant!

Now, if I'm a driver, and someone offers me a few bong hits in lieu of money - game on!

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It looks like the "entitled" have entered the service industry.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    It looks like the "entitled" have entered the service industry.
    Remember when "service" meant service? Companies bragged about service with a smile.

Now people act like they're doing you a favor being there to take your and their employer's money, and whatever you do, DON'T need assistance. They act like you just told a five years old to pick up his toys

15. Thanks Mr. P thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Remember when "service" meant service? Companies bragged about service with a smile.

Now people act like they're doing you a favor being there to take your and their employer's money, and whatever you do, DON'T need assistance. They act like you just told a five years old to pick up his toys
    Yes , I remember when service met service many years ago!
    I grew up in that environment. Tips were given appropriate for the level/quality of service. There was none of this automatic 10 percent 15% 20% crap!

If you expect a tip from me, just because, or it's automatically added to the bill , you're backing up !
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Yes , I remember when service met service many years ago!
    I grew up in that environment. Tips were given appropriate for the level/quality of service. There was none of this automatic 10 percent 15% 20% crap!

If you expect a tip from me, just because, or it's automatically added to the bill , you're backing up !
    If we weren't all chipper and whatnot, we got fired. The customer was always right (even when you wanted to punch them in the face at times ).

That's one of the reasons I settled on the Marine Corps. My sunny disposition and customer service don't exactly mesh

19. Thanks Mr. P, Kathianne thanked this post