Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Coca-Cola insider warns Watters of 'shameful' practices from big food, big pharma

I don't keep up with "big pharma" but I DO keep up with nutrition and this is pretty spot on in that regard. Not hard to connect the dots from one leading to the other.

I don't know nor necessarily believe they are "in cahoots", but promoting bad health then medication to cure it would be rather convenient for both.

Eating strictly healthy (which I just get sorta close to) is tedious and time consuming in prep, and pretty boring in taste. The alleged "healthy" being its only selling point. It's definitely more expensive than eating crap.

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

But Corporations are good. They would never do that because capitalism is great. Waters hàs turn communist.
    Let the market decide.
    People love coke.

This is just conspiracy theory. Food & drug companies paying for researchers & research that favor them?!
    Nonsense. They are scientists.
    Paying off medical orgs of diabetes & children?
    Paying çivilrights groups and media orgs?
    Somebody( besides this guy) would have tàlked!

I'm shocked Fox Would allow these anti Capitalist rumors & crazy talk to be allow the light of day!!

Next they'll be saying that the reason went to war in Iraq & eleswwhere was for big oil and the military industrial complex!!??!!!
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-19-2023 at 11:57 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    But Corporations are good. They would never do that because capitalism is great. Waters hàs turn communist.
    Let the market decide.
    People love coke.

This is just conspiracy theory. Food & drug companies paying for researchers & research that favor them?!
    Somebody( besides this guy) would have tàlked!

I'm shocked Fox Would allow these anti Capitalist rumors & crazy talk to be allow the light of day!!

Next they'll be saying that the reason went to war in Iraq & eleswwhere was for big oil and the military industrial complex!!??!!!
    Do most Republicans really believe in unbridled capitalism?

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Many regulatory agencies end up being headed by former people who were ceos in the industry they are supposed to regulate. And many times they get captured.

8. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    But Corporations are good. They would never do that because capitalism is great. Waters hÃ*s turn communist.
    Let the market decide.
    People love coke.

Somebody( besides this guy) would have tÃ*lked!

There is a difference between theory and fact, each being exactly defined. When government and corporations are each in business for themselves and can mutually benefit from one another, there is no conspiracy. Just fact. It is however a marriage of convenience, just as the one-time enemy of the government, the MSM, is now its bedfellow. Or the "pro-union" Democrats who for some reason still have a single union voter when the Dems are the ones that turned our industrial heartland in the Upper Midwest into a ghost town.

All too easy to do with a people that refuse to think for themselves. All too easy to do for a lazy, one-way people that want all the rewards of risk, but none of the risk associated with it. One cannot win and get ahead without the opposing risk of losing. The latter is inherent to the former. It's simple math, literally. And unrealistic.

Not a lot of options. Freedom of choice, or slavery to a government that tells you what to think. Seems to me most on the left and more than half the right want government to tell them what to think and come powder their asses when they have a rash. Even when common sense is screaming "NO!" at you.

In regard to the OP/something to ponder: If that container in your hand is full of some (name your poison) "stuff", yet has ZERO calories, just what is it exactly you are putting into your body? A conglomeration of chemicals that somehow form substance and taste. Yum

Capitalism is a system. It's as good or bad as the unscrupulous people using it. Same as government. Our government doesn't even resemble what's in the Constitution. Corporations are supposed to turn profits. They have a responsibility to shareholders. I won't argue that in the country of excess they tend to be excessive. The government, on the other hand, is not supposed to be any of that.

I believe in choice. I do not see where the American people as a whole anymore have earned and/or deserve such freedom when they have been so willing to give it away to a self-interested, self-serving government and current events support every word of that.

I don't care who eats junk food and can slam down a Coke, Doritos and Hershey's chocolate as fast as the next guy (pretty much my limit on junk food right there ). It's not about what it is. It's about the freedom to educate myself on what I am putting into the machine's fuel intake without government/corporate subterfuge. Yes, the corporations and government are self-serving and greedy and willing to sell you a pig in a poke if you're standing their jingling coin in their eyes.

It is IMO incumbent on people to understand that and step outside their little government-approved boxes and do their own research at their lazy ass's time and expense.

Or you can just read what's listed on the bag never knowing what half the shit is and stuff your face to your little heart's content
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There is a difference between theory and fact, each being exactly defined. When government and corporations are each in business for themselves and can mutually benefit from one another, there is no conspiracy.
    Wrong. that is exactly conspiracy. and fascism too.

Just fact. It is however a marriage of convenience, just as the one-time enemy of the government, the MSM, is now its bedfellow. Or the "pro-union" Democrats who for some reason still have a single union voter when the Dems are the ones that turned our industrial heartland in the Upper Midwest into a ghost town.

All too easy to do with a people that refuse to think for themselves. All too easy to do for a lazy, one-way people that want all the rewards of risk, but none of the risk associated with it. One cannot win and get ahead without the opposing risk of losing. The latter is inherent to the former. It's simple math, literally. And unrealistic.

Not a lot of options. Freedom of choice, or slavery to a government that tells you what to think. Seems to me most on the left and more than half the right want government to tell them what to think and come powder their asses when they have a rash. Even when common sense is screaming "NO!" at you.

In regard to the OP/something to ponder: If that container in your hand is full of some (name your poison) "stuff", yet has ZERO calories, just what is it exactly you are putting into your body? A conglomeration of chemicals that somehow form substance and taste. Yum

Capitalism is a system. It's as good or bad as the unscrupulous people using it. Same as government. Our government doesn't even resemble what's in the Constitution. Corporations are supposed to turn profits. They have a responsibility to shareholders. I won't argue that in the country of excess they tend to be excessive. The government, on the other hand, is not supposed to be any of that.

I believe in choice. I do not see where the American people as a whole anymore have earned and/or deserve such freedom when they have been so willing to give it away to a self-interested, self-serving government and current events support every word of that.

I don't care who eats junk food and can slam down a Coke, Doritos and Hershey's chocolate as fast as the next guy (pretty much my limit on junk food right there ). It's not about what it is. It's about the freedom to educate myself on what I am putting into the machine's fuel intake without government/corporate subterfuge. Yes, the corporations and government are self-serving and greedy and willing to sell you a pig in a poke if you're standing their jingling coin in their eyes.

It is IMO incumbent on people to understand that and step outside their little government-approved boxes and do their own research at their lazy ass's time and expense.

Or you can just read what's listed on the bag never knowing what half the shit is and stuff your face to your little heart's content

you are unable to see fascism, probably because you are for it.

Fascism should be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power. -- Benito Mussolini
    Last edited by AHZ; 03-31-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Many regulatory agencies end up being headed by former people who were ceos in the industry they are supposed to regulate. And many times they get captured.
    yes. sadly we have a situation of complete state capture and de facto fascism.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Do most Republicans really believe in unbridled capitalism?
    not the trumpers

but the libertarian globalist fascists claim to. but it's really a bunch of sloganeering to justify looking the other way on obvious fascism/state capture.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AHZ View Post
    Wrong. that is exactly conspiracy. and fascism too.

you are unable to see fascism, probably because you are for it.

Fascism should be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power. -- Benito Mussolini
    Dictionary.com is free online. I invite you to make use of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Back to Coca Cola - for those who like "Mexican Coke"

Local story. If you are a fan of Coke made with cane sugar in the 16 oz bottle, make sure you check the label.

The Government of Mexico is the only entity officially licensed to make the Coke. It is made for the sole purpose of export to the US. Apparently there is too much sugar in it to meet Mexican law. No red flag there

As reported, some enterprising folk have been making counterfeit "Mexican Coke" by diluting the cane sugar part of the recipe with corn syrup. Not sure why criminals bother with altering the labeling on the bottle, but they are supposedly honest on their labels. It also mentioned some have a green cap.

My good deed for the day

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Local story. If you are a fan of Coke made with cane sugar in the 16 oz bottle, make sure you check the label.

The Government of Mexico is the only entity officially licensed to make the Coke. It is made for the sole purpose of export to the US. Apparently there is too much sugar in it to meet Mexican law. No red flag there

As reported, some enterprising folk have been making counterfeit "Mexican Coke" by diluting the cane sugar part of the recipe with corn syrup. Not sure why criminals bother with altering the labeling on the bottle, but they are supposedly honest on their labels. It also mentioned some have a green cap.

My good deed for the day

The only Coca Cola I will drink is MexiCoke. Buy it at Costco. I drink roughly one a week, two cases per year. Other than that, it's mostly water, then the occasional glass of tea/lemonade or cranberry/watermelon juice. Cranberry/pineapple is good too. But only the 100% juice, never the "juice drink."

Every once in a while I'll have a beer, but that's not as fun as it used to be. Nowadays it makes me sleepy and when I wake up, that beer buzz is gone...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes fj1200 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    The only Coca Cola I will drink is MexiCoke. Buy it at Costco. I drink roughly one a week, two cases per year. Other than that, it's mostly water, then the occasional glass of tea/lemonade or cranberry/watermelon juice. Cranberry/pineapple is good too. But only the 100% juice, never the "juice drink."

Every once in a while I'll have a beer, but that's not as fun as it used to be. Nowadays it makes me sleepy and when I wake up, that beer buzz is gone...
    I like the Mexican Coke. My nod to waxing nostalgic . Stick them in the freezer for a bit. Ice cold, "real" Coke from back in the day out of a glass bottle. Get mine at HEB. HEB immediately came out and assured us there was no supply/distribution problem between it and Mexico City. Not sure about the ones Home Depot or WalMart sell. All the Mexican mom-n-pop shops carry them.

I can't handle more than one or two. Too much cane sugar doesn't get along with my gut. I've phased away from most everything but iced tea I make myself. More prep PIA, but I HATE water. Force myself to drink that. Been drinking pomegranate juice but there's no love there either

What gets me the most about this story is that nothing is sacred to crooks. Not even a Coke. Putting together an operation for producing, bottling and distributing counterfeit Coke seems a bit much. Got a ready-made market (Coca Cola fans) for as long as it lasts. Note this was a one-off local story. The MSM must be too busy camping outside the courthouse in Manhattan

19. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post