Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Well..specifically...it's Lucifer - who is the Satan or whatever.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    It is sad when the word God cannot be included on US flag certificates. What is next from the left?

U.S. Capitol: 'God' a No-Go on Flag Certificates
    Thursday, October 11, 2007

By Major Garrett

WASHINGTON — When 17-year-old Andrew Larochelle of Dayton, Ohio, crafted a plan to send his grandfather the gift of a flag that had flown over the U.S. Capitol, he never thought his sentiments about "God, country and family" would be questioned.

The Eagle Scout was surprised, however, when the personal inscription he requested attached to a flag he purchased from the U.S. Capitol was censored. The teen said he wrote, "In honor of my grandfather Marcel Larochelle, and his dedication and love of God, country and family."

The flag flew on Sept. 11, Marcel Larochelle's birthday. But when Andrew finally received the flag in the mail on Sept. 30, "God" was taken out of his note.

"I was shocked that the word 'God' would be taken off a personal message from my son to his grandfather," Andrew's father, Paul Larochelle, told FOX News.

The family contacted Rep. Michael Turner, R-Ohio, who had sought to fulfill the flag request. Turner requested an explanation for the omission from the Architect of the Capitol, the office responsible for flying American flags momentarily over the Capitol and then sending them to constituents who request them, all for a fee of $9.

Turner said he was told that AoC rules do not allow religious expressions on flag certificates.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has defended the omission made by acting Architect Stephen T. Ayers, and said she has no plans to change the existing rules.

House Republicans, however, have a different take. They say the Capitol has many religious expressions and Congress begins each day with a prayer. They want new rules allowing religious expressions on flag certificates. They also note that the message wasn't written by Congress but by a private citizen to another private citizen.

"This practice, which overturns a longstanding and long cherished congressional tradition, has rightly drawn outrage from the American people, who have grown weary of endless attempts by politicians and bureaucrats to bar the word God and even the most tacit references to faith from our public institutions," House Minority Leader John Boehner wrote in a letter to Pelosi.

Boehner said as speaker, Pelosi can instruct the acting Architect of the Capitol to set aside the written policy of his predecessor and restore the practice of including God's name.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301054,00.html

I'm fine with COngress not beginning each day with a prayer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    I'm fine with COngress not beginning each day with a prayer.
    So am I -- but if they do decide to start the day with a prayer, I could honestly care less.
    "I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? - Barry Goldwater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What the hell does a flag inscription have to do with "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"? Is making an inscription on a flag equivlant to Congress making a law respecting an establishment of religion? It sounds more like they are prohibiting the free exercise thereof....
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

It seems to have been chicken-shit Bureaucrats scared of a lawsuit.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    secularists do go over the top in their zeal to remove all references of God from the public view
    that is your opinion.... but can you explain to me how references to God in the public view and on the taxpayer's nickel make the world a better place? Can you explain to me why a Christian would need to see crosses and nativity scenes and ten commandments tablets - or have "under God" be a part of the pledge of allegiance - in order for them to maintain their faith in the risen Jesus?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

that's fodder for a different thread

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    What the hell does a flag inscription have to do with "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"? Is making an inscription on a flag equivlant to Congress making a law respecting an establishment of religion? It sounds more like they are prohibiting the free exercise thereof....
    I agree. This appears to be the whim of a misguided individual.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Eagle Scout was surprised, however, when the personal inscription he requested attached to a flag he purchased from the U.S. Capitol was censored. The teen said he wrote, "In honor of my grandfather Marcel Larochelle, and his dedication and love of God, country and family."
    Would somebody please explain to me how dedicating your life to killing other human beings can be equated to God?...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    Would somebody please explain to me how dedicating your life to killing other human beings can be equated to God?...
    Perhaps if you'd be so bold as to explain your post?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Perhaps if you'd be so bold as to explain your post?
    Sure thing---

In this quote right here:
    I'm pretty sure the "dedication (to country)" part was a way of saying "he was in the military". There are a lot of "dedicated" people to the country. It's likely that common "patriots" won’t get flags that special unless they have some type of "military honor" or whatever you want to call it.

Therefore, I don't understand how you can equate "dedication (to god)" and "dedication (to being in the military)" in the same sentence.

If you "dedicate" yourself to the military you "dedicate" youself to the killing of other human beings for whatever the reason may be. I just don't understand how your going to put that in the same line with "God".

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Sure thing---

In this quote right here:

I'm pretty sure the "dedication (to country)" part was a way of saying "he was in the military". There are a lot of "dedicated" people to the country. It's likely that common "patriots" won’t get flags that special unless they have some type of "military honor" or whatever you want to call it.

Therefore, I don't understand how you can equate "dedication (to god)" and "dedication (to being in the military)" in the same sentence.

If you "dedicate" yourself to the military you "dedicate" youself to the killing of other human beings for whatever the reason may be. I just don't understand how your going to put that in the same line with "God".
    Your ignorance betrays your youth. I wonder sometimes if you make up this off-the-wall bullshit just for shock value?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    Many people are catching on that religion and especially GOD are devisive instruments to world co-habitation. That every nation should deleted god from government is a goal for a peaceful coexistence.
    Did you miss the part where it was from one private citizen to another? Congress has NO right to censor that.

The devisive elsement, if you want to point a finger, is the element insistent on REMOVING God ffrom any-and-everything, and attempting to ostricize those who do not.

This is religious descrimination, plain and simple.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Serving in the military is dedicating yourself to the protection of life, not taking it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    How is anyone keeping him from practicing his religion? I wasn't aware than in order to freely practice my religion I need the architect of the capitol to issue me a certificate.