Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Does anyone have a 2023 graduate among their family or friends?

If anyone still cares, my husband and I are elated to share that our daughter Danielle has graduated with a bachelors degree in political science. Her skills as a speaker and debater earned her a full time job opportunity. On top of all that, she is getting married next summer. We are over the moon and back again.

2. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Granddaughter ... Master's in Education from NYU. Bachelor's from UofA in teaching. Married 2 years ago. Has 6 yo daughter.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

My grandson graduates kindergarten today
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes SassyLady, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

congradulations, are you going to adopt another child someday...foster?
    'There's nothing gay about hell' - Patty Leotardo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    If anyone still cares, my husband and I are elated to share that our daughter Danielle has graduated with a bachelors degree in political science. Her skills as a speaker and debater earned her a full time job opportunity. On top of all that, she is getting married next summer. We are over the moon and back again.
    Bravo! I say a hearty bravo even if it may have been a liberal university my friend..
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Granddaughter ... Master's in Education from NYU. Bachelor's from UofA in teaching. Married 2 years ago. Has 6 yo daughter.
    Great. I have not stayed up on which university are pretty much full blown liberal indoctrination centers but Bravo anyways my friend. God bless..
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Great. I have not stayed up on which university are pretty much full blown liberal indoctrination centers but Bravo anyways my friend. God bless..
    She's very liberal and it started at her high school level. NYU is very liberal. She's our black sheep in the family. You should hear her brothers and her go at it. Crazy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

She's very liberal and it started at her high school level. NYU is very liberal. She's our black sheep in the family. You should hear her brothers and her go at it. Crazy!
    I take it that her brothers are conservative. There is very, very few things in the liberal side that I will give a nod to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Sassy, did you decide that your granddaughter is a "black sheep" because she decided to become a teacher? Or is it because she now has liberal beliefs? I grew up liberal, my husband grew up conservative. Neither of us pushed our ideology on our daughter. She was allowed to develop her own ideas. I can't say it came out of high school because most of her friends are very apolitical. I think her liberal ideas came from reading and observing. She has a strong Christian faith and does not like how religion has become politicized. ---------------------> I have to wonder how it is determined whether a university is liberal. Most students have developed their ideology before they begin college. They are rarely influenced by instructors or courses.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Sassy, did you decide that your granddaughter is a "black sheep" because she decided to become a teacher? Or is it because she now has liberal beliefs? I grew up liberal, my husband grew up conservative. Neither of us pushed our ideology on our daughter. She was allowed to develop her own ideas. I can't say it came out of high school because most of her friends are very apolitical. I think her liberal ideas came from reading and observing. She has a strong Christian faith and does not like how religion has become politicized. ---------------------> I have to wonder how it is determined whether a university is liberal. Most students have developed their ideology before they begin college. They are rarely influenced by instructors or courses.
    She is the half sister of my grandson's (who are conservative) ... they have different fathers but they all 3 lived with my daughter. Her liberalism started way before she decided to be a teacher. She went to a charter school until high school. At that point she entered into liberal arts program at the new high school which was not offered at charter high school. That's when everyone saw the change happening. And then it just crystallized at university.

Everyone still loves her but no one really likes being around her. It started when she wouldn't let anyone visit her daughter unless we were vaccinated. So her daughter hardly knows her relatives because none of us got vaccinated.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 06-19-2023 at 01:44 PM.

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

She is the half sister of my grandson's (who are conservative) ... they have different fathers but they all 3 lived with my daughter. Her liberalism started way before she decided to be a teacher. She went to a charter school until high school. At that point she entered into liberal arts program at the new high school which was not offered at charter high school. That's when everyone saw the change happening. And then it just crystallized at university. Everyone still loves her but no one really likes being around her. It started when she wouldn't let anyone visit her daughter unless we were vaccinated. So her daughter hardly knows her relatives because none of us got vaccinated.
    Fair enough answer. No one who wasn't vaccinated was permitted around my daughter. But that is because she has immunodeficiency disorder. If she had caught Covid, she would have died. Because she could not have fought off the infection. So I understand those rules. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for those you love. --------------------------> My daughter had a chance to enter a charter school for advanced study after eighth grade, but she chose to attend high school with the people she had grown up with. There were no special programs at her school. Everyone had the same graduation requirements. I think her liberal bent came after we went to visit family and friends in Italy, Germany and England in the summer of 2015. My German relatives and my former college roommate in Milan are all pretty far left. My late great aunt, the matriarch of the family, survived the bombing of Dresden and the Russian occupation of East Germany. My cousin is a research scientist at BioNTech in Mainz. She and her husband are as liberal as they come. That likely tipped the scales.

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Fair enough answer. No one who wasn't vaccinated was permitted around my daughter. But that is because she has immunodeficiency disorder. If she had caught Covid, she would have died. Because she could not have fought off the infection. So I understand those rules. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for those you love. --------------------------> My daughter had a chance to enter a charter school for advanced study after eighth grade, but she chose to attend high school with the people she had grown up with. There were no special programs at her school. Everyone had the same graduation requirements. I think her liberal bent came after we went to visit family and friends in Italy, Germany and England in the summer of 2015. My German relatives and my former college roommate in Milan are all pretty far left. My late great aunt, the matriarch of the family, survived the bombing of Dresden and the Russian occupation of East Germany. My cousin is a research scientist at BioNTech in Mainz. She and her husband are as liberal as they come. That likely tipped the scales.
    I never let any relative brainwash my daughter or my son into a political bent that I myself am so firmly against.
    Of course, I only have two relatives of that liberal type bent. And they know better than to try to do that.
    As I told each one, do not ever do that because harm shall befall any that do.
    They knew my word is my bond. I just dont play when such important things are discussed..--Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I never let any relative brainwash my daughter or my son into a political bent that I myself am so firmly against. Of course, I only have two relatives of that liberal type bent. And they know better than to try to do that. As I told each one, do not ever do that because harm shall befall any that do. They knew my word is my bond. I just dont play when such important things are discussed..--Tyr
    I don't think my daughter was "brainwashed" at all. She is fairly strong willed. She has spent time with very conservative people (my husband's family) and some liberal people. The liberal ideology made more sense to her. Watching Obama elected as president, followed by Trump, didn't help the conservative side much. I think you are one of the few conservatives that Danielle admire. She believes you are "misguided, but otherwise extremely intelligent." Because you have to be pretty smart to compose insightful prose.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I don't think my daughter was "brainwashed" at all. She is fairly strong willed. She has spent time with very conservative people (my husband's family) and some liberal people. The liberal ideology made more sense to her. Watching Obama elected as president, followed by Trump, didn't help the conservative side much. I think you are one of the few conservatives that Danielle admire. She believes you are "misguided, but otherwise extremely intelligent." Because you have to be pretty smart to compose insightful prose.
    I hope she comes to see more truth about politics as her future unfolds my friend. She will likely be alright should she not see it, but better to be so armed in my opinion.
    However, her brightness and intellect will carry here far regardless... Please tell her this old poet said , hello, God bless.