Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Cops: Burglar Beaten With Barbed Wire Bat

Remember "Lucille" the baseball bat, used by Negan in The Walking Dead?

He used the same type of bat on his enemies. A baseball bat named after his Ex, wrapped in barbed wire and nails.

So this guy here must have watched as well and thought he would pull a repeat on the guy who burglarized his home.

Should have buried the guy in the sticks. Unless you live in a "stand your ground" state. Can you beat the life out of someone with "Lucille" in Florida and use stand your ground as your defense?

---

Cops: Burglar Beaten With Barbed Wire Bat
    Intruder, homeowner both face multiple felonies, records show

MAY 31--After his Minnesota home was burglarized last month, Blaze Smith anticipated that the intruder would return, so he left a window open and sat in wait, armed with a baseball bat that was wrapped in barbed wire and studded with screws and nails.

The day after the April 15 break-in, cops charge, Aldo Gomez, 35, returned to Smith’s residence at the Eastwood Manor Mobile Home Park in Mankato and climbed through the same window he had illegally entered the day before.

But when Gomez got inside the home around 9 PM, he was confronted by the 28-year-old Smith. Gomez fled the residence with Smith in pursuit.

Outside the mobile home, surveillance video captured Smith “chasing and repeatedly hitting [Gomez] on the back of his head with a baseball bat.” A police commander noted that the bat “was wrapped in barbed wire and had screws and nails in it.”

The blows left Gomez with a fractured skull, according to a court filing.

When cops arrived at Smith’s residence in response to a burglary in progress 911 call, Gomez was sitting in the front yard bleeding. Gomez, who lives a block from Smith at the mobile home park, was subsequently taken by ambulance to a hospital. While being treated, Gomez reportedly admitted to burglarizing Smith’s home on April 15 and returning the next day to “take more items.”

Rest - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ire-bat-834960
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes revelarts, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

reminds me of this

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    reminds me of this

I love it! She defiantly just states " I beat him with a stick". They beat that mans ass so bad he ended up in the hospital.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I love it! She defiantly just states " I beat him with a stick". They beat that mans ass so bad he ended up in the hospital.
    As it should be!
    Last edited by SassyLady; 06-04-2023 at 06:59 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I would say had this guy beaten his assailant with a stick he might have an argument. Not in MN, but in normal places. However, when one takes a weapon and alters its design to inflict unnecessary/excessive pain and/or injury, one has certainly violated the Articles of War, if nothing else. If the military can't do it during time of war, I'd say odds are REALLY good Joe Schmoe the civilian back on the block is toast.

It does require a bit of effort to actually beat someone to death. Argument is going to be he could have stopped at any time. Besides the exotic weapon.

I'm not too sure he could get away with that even here in TX.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Likes revelarts liked this post