Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Was in Pennsylvania

Was there for like last 9-10 days. Have to unload a few videos from my drone and phone and will share here!

I love visiting the Amish folks. Stopped by a small produce stand on the side of the road last night, which is owned by a local Amish family. The entire family of like 8 came out to help us! And better, they had a big ol English Bulldog. I told the father it was my favorite dog and then he told me he had puppies for sale! Had to leave quickly without seeing them as I know myself too well! He said $2,395 but I could probably have talked him down. Would have been divorced before I hit the NY border anyway, so likely for the best.

Also, the nicest family I have ever met. Very strong German accents they had. I know their Bible is a very old German one so I can only guess that's where it starts, but really have no idea.

Felt obligated so I bought a few bird feeders, some homemade strawberry jam and some other goodies.

---

That aside, ate at various buffets 6 times total, and worse when we ate at the house we stayed at. Thought I gained like 60lbs while I was there, but was SO damn hot and I sweat the whole time - I damn lost 6lbs instead when I weighed myself when I got home.

Had prime rib, bbq pulled pork, bbq ribs, fried shrimp, cold shrimp, NY strip, fried chicken, haddock & breakfast galore as well!! Was with family the whole time, so was a really nice experience.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes revelarts, Mr. P, hjmick, fj1200, SassyLady and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Was there for like last 9-10 days. Have to unload a few videos from my drone and phone and will share here!

I love visiting the Amish folks. Stopped by a small produce stand on the side of the road last night, which is owned by a local Amish family. The entire family of like 8 came out to help us! And better, they had a big ol English Bulldog. I told the father it was my favorite dog and then he told me he had puppies for sale! Had to leave quickly without seeing them as I know myself too well! He said $2,395 but I could probably have talked him down. Would have been divorced before I hit the NY border anyway, so likely for the best.

Also, the nicest family I have ever met. Very strong German accents they had. I know their Bible is a very old German one so I can only guess that's where it starts, but really have no idea.

Felt obligated so I bought a few bird feeders, some homemade strawberry jam and some other goodies.

---

That aside, ate at various buffets 6 times total, and worse when we ate at the house we stayed at. Thought I gained like 60lbs while I was there, but was SO damn hot and I sweat the whole time - I damn lost 6lbs instead when I weighed myself when I got home.

Had prime rib, bbq pulled pork, bbq ribs, fried shrimp, cold shrimp, NY strip, fried chicken, haddock & breakfast galore as well!! Was with family the whole time, so was a really nice experience.
    dude, you're rocking life.

nothing but net.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AHZ View Post
    dude, you're rocking life.

nothing but net.
    Usually it's one of those shots where the ball sticks between the backboard and the net.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks AHZ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So nothing exciting here. I love Pa. for the relaxation I get when I go there. I absolutely love all of the animals! Everything about the Amish, and their food of course!

7. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, fj1200, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Nice! I feel like I was there!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And videos...

11. Thanks Kathianne, icansayit, Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Nice! I feel like I was there!
    I tried to get photos and videos both from phone and my new drone. Wish it was more exciting! I should have video taped my fat butt mauling the various buffets!

13. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default That's where my Birth certificate began Jim.

Beautiful shots, every one of them. Seeing that Weeping Willow reminded me of my grandparents home near Reading.
    Though I live in the South. I will always be a Pennsylvania boy. Just wish the rest of the state looked that good today.
    Thanks for all of the memories too!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks like a little slice of heaven! Definitely makes me want to resume searching for a mating pair of peafowl but I then think about the racket they make with their calls and I immediately close the google tab.

However should the people that own the property just in front of ours turn out to be Democrats, game on. Along with a nice flock of guinea fowl.

17. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post