Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is it? this is all you have? come on...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    No. I can't see how a logical person would conclude otherwise.

If it's intolerant for a believer to wish OTHERS would come to belief, then Doctors are intolerant by wishing everyone who has cancer was cured.

Can anyone show were Coulter 'demanded' Jews convert, or have we all agreed typo's use of the subject like was to be deliberately misleading?
    No. It's pretty univerally accepted that death is bad and that we should strive to stay alive. Therefore, cancer is an enemy. It's not intolerant of a doctor to wish that all cancer patients get cured. It is, however intolerant for a person to say that all members of a religion should convert to another religion. If you'll take a look around you'll see that there are over 6 billion people on Earth and not even a majority of them are Christian. You're not even close in assuming that Christianity is superior to any other religion. You know that feeling you have that Christianity is the only "right" religion? Well Jews have that same feeling about their religion and they'd no sooner convert to Christianity than you would convert to Islam. This same issue has come up before. When Muslims want to convert everybody in the world to Islam and put society under Shariah law, they are making the same assumption that Coulter and you have made: that their religion is superior. It's the same thing except now that Christianity is the religion being hailed as "perfect," you have no qualms in positing the Jews to abandon their beliefs in exchange for yours.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 10-12-2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    are you demonstrating intolerance when you assert that your opinion is more correct than that of Coulter?.......shouldn't you be saying that there is more than one path to the truth of intolerance?
    No way. I even said she and everybody else has the right to say whatever they want even if it is intolerant. But my question is: Should they? I don't think so. None of our pundits have any kind of self-restraint. It's all outrageous flashiness all the time. None of them ever say anything realistic, it's either extreme or it's not at all. It's like nobody cares about how they appear as long as their ratings are good. We've become a nation of sheep led by a corps of alarmist, extremist media spinmeisters who whore themselves out to corporate pimps.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 10-12-2007 at 12:50 PM.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh i see now....was a "what if" question that just got drug out. hate when that happens
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    No. It's pretty univerally accepted that death is bad and that we should strive to stay alive. Therefore, cancer is an enemy. It's not intolerant of a doctor to wish that all cancer patients get cured. It is, however intolerant for a person to say that all members of a religion should convert to another religion. If you'll take a look around you'll see that there are over 6 billion people on Earth and not even a majority of them are Christian. You're not even close in assuming that Christianity is superior to any other religion. You know that feeling you have that Christianity is the only "right" religion? Well Jews have that same feeling about their religion and they'd no sooner convert to Christianity than you would convert to Islam. This same issue has come up before. When Muslims want to convert everybody in the world to Islam and put society under Shariah law, they are making the same assumption that Coulter and you have made: that their religion is superior. It's the same thing except now that Christianity is the religion being hailed as "perfect," you have no qualms in positing the Jews to abandon their beliefs in exchange for yours.
    For the same reasons it's not intolerant to wish or hope unbelievers find God.

(shrug).
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No way. I even said she and everybody else has the right to say whatever they want even if it is intolerant. But my question is: Should they? I don't think so.
    right to say whatever you wanna, but not the right to be a jerk?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who was discussing politics? Ann believes (and every christian believes) she'd like to see EVERYONE a christian.
    Even that absurdity doesn't go as far as what she implied: namely, that being a christian helps to make one "perfect," and that non-christians are therefore inherently flawed.
    Your "logic" is horrendous. Should I edit your post, or are you sticking by your lie stating she "Demanded" jews convert?
    If you don't want to agree that it was a demand, then at the very least it was a veiled threat.

Speaking of editing stuff, like my new av?
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the same reasons it's not intolerant to wish or hope unbelievers find God.

(shrug).
    That's what I'll say to you the next time you rail against Muslims for "invading Europe and spreading Shariah law." (shrug)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    right to say whatever you wanna, but not the right to be a jerk?
    Didn't say that either. I think people should show self restraint. I don't think Black culture has any redeeming qualities, but I work with very nice, very educated Black people who I respect and I don't want to appear racist so you don't hear me screaming to whoever will listen that Blacks should abandon their culture and go shop at the Gap. Should we just be a nation of intolerant grumps who shout every grievance we have from the highest rooftops to whoever will listen no matter who it hurts just because we have the right to? Or should we show self restraint, take a different approach to our problems and have a little class in our day to day affairs? You tell me.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 10-12-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

That's what I'll say to you the next time you rail against Muslims for "invading Europe and spreading Shariah law." (shrug)
    I've never railed against Muslims for "Invading Europe" I've railed against Muslims who want to kill those who don't convert.

Can we all at LEAST agree Typo's choice of words for the subject are horrible and deliberately misleading?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But my question is: Should they? I don't think so
    and what is the difference between that and a Christian saying "I don't think Muslims or Hindus should say what they believe"....actually, I think your statement is worse....the Christian is merely saying the Muslim and Hindu are wrong......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never railed against Muslims for "Invading Europe" I've railed against Muslims who want to kill those who don't convert.

Can we all at LEAST agree Typo's choice of words for the subject are horrible and deliberately misleading?
    Sure. She didn't "demand" anything. She did, however give us all a glimpse of the dark, scary nazi book-burning rally that is the inside of her mind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't say that either. I think people should show self restraint. I don't think Black culture has any redeeming qualities, but I work with very nice, very educated Black people who I respect and I don't want to appear racist so you don't hear me screaming to whoever will listen that Blacks should abandon their culture and go shop at the Gap. Should we just be a nation of intolerant grumps who shout every greivance we have from the highest rooftops to whoever will listen no matter who it hurts just because we have the right to? Or should we show self restraint, take a different approach to our problems and have a little class in our day to day affairs? You tell me.
    oh i agree with yah, was just seeing if that is what you meant. while showing restraint, i don't think at the same time we should allow ourselves to be door mats ( i know that ain't waht you saying, just throwing that in there)

and yes D, we agree. or atleast i do

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Sure. She (gave) us all a glimpse of the dark, scary nazi book-burning rally that is the inside of her mind.
    you are demented and twisted if you draw those conclusions from what she said. Poor guy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you are demented and twisted if you draw those conclusions from what she said. Poor guy.
    So I get the urge to kill every so often. Who doesn't?