Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

So we've concluded Typo was being a tool by saying Coulter "Demanded" anything of the jews, right?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    So I get the urge to kill every so often. Who doesn't?
    i'm not alone!
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    So we've concluded Typo was being a tool by saying Coulter "Demanded" anything of the jews, right?
    She was being a full-on Carson Daly on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No way. I even said she and everybody else has the right to say whatever they want even if it is intolerant. But my question is: Should they? I don't think so. None of our pundits have any kind of self-restraint. It's all outrageous flashiness all the time. None of them ever say anything realistic, it's either extreme or it's not at all. It's like nobody cares about how they appear as long as their ratings are good. We've become a nation of sheep led by a corps of alarmist, extremist media spinmeisters who whore themselves out to corporate pimps.
    I pretty much agree with that----Unless you have been officially coronated by the media (and all it entails), you really got to be extreme to get any attention.
    Last edited by Dilloduck; 10-12-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    I pretty much agree with that----Unless you have been officially coronated by the media (and al lit entails), you really got to be extreme to get any attention.
    I agree except that those coronated by the media are who I am talking about. Personalities like Coulter, Hannity, BOR, Limbaugh, etc. wear crowns. They're media royalty but they're all out of line all the time. They have high ratings because their audience expects to have and gets their faces blown-off by them every time they tune in. They do this by being extreme.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Coulter is popular because she says what many conservatives think, but are afraid to say. Coulter makes radical, extremist statements because that is what gets her attention. It's like Britney Spears going out in public without underwear (by the way, she did it again-- http://www.thesuperficial.com ).

Religion is a lot like language. If God had not intended for there to be a lot of diverse religions, he would have not created all of them. Just like he did with the Tower of Babel.
    Every religion believes they are right. The Muslims believe they are right. Fred Phelps thinks he is right.
    I think all of them are right. For those who believe in them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do you know that God created all religions and not humans? trying to fill a missing space inside of them?

and he created dif languages at the Tower....not religions
    Last edited by Monkeybone; 10-12-2007 at 02:29 PM.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ann Coulter doesn't think or speak for me..

This is another made up OUTRAGE brought to you by...the free speech Nazis..

Better enjoy it while you have it...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

God created Earth and the universe. All religions believe in God, directly or indirectly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    how do you know that God created all religions and not humans? trying to fill a missing space inside of them?
    God created all languages so that we would never again be able to band together and build a tower to heaven. Didn't you notice what happened when we sent men to the moon? Ebonycs was born.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree except that those coronated by the media are who I am talking about. Personalities like Coulter, Hannity, BOR, Limbaugh, etc. wear crowns. They're media royalty but they're all out of line all the time. They have high ratings because their audience expects to have and gets their faces blown-off by them every time they tune in. They do this by being extreme.
    You don't include politicians in media royalty ? Odd. They've already basically picked out nominees for us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    You don't include politicians in media royalty ? Odd. They've already basically picked out nominees for us.
    Yep, if the media is any indicator, it'll be a Romney vs. Clinton campaign year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, if the media is any indicator, it'll be a Romney vs. Clinton campaign year.
    naaa they like Gulianni much better. It's Hillary all the way any way so we may as well all start adjusting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by typomaniac View Post
    If you've had any concerns about the right wing in the US being totally morally bankrupt as well as un-American, good ol' Ann has finally removed all doubt.

Source
    Typo:

I find your vernacular and your wording of your posts..i.e. your debate with Sir Evil to reveal a great deal of fore-thought, and organized thinking when you post. I totally enjoyed your debate, but did lean towards Sir Evil in my vote, though. Never the less, I respect your belief and your compassion.
    I respect your stand. It is trully a wonderful country that we live in.
    However (You knew this was coming ), I have to disagree with your "take" on the Ann Coulter position that you presented, yet I do have my critiques of her too.

I am a full fledged, bible Christian. I've led bible studies, attended a non-denominational bible College ( dropped out due to economic and medical considerations for my family/wife/children), worked for many years in heavy, electrical Construction in the S.F. bay area, and now am retired due to medical reasons, yet I'm pretty close to normal retirement age, anyway.

Never the less, I am still a devoted Christian man, husband, and father to my now three married sons, our daughter in laws, and our 4 grand children.

I now attend a very structured bible study, called BSF or Bible Study Fellowship, that is non-denominational; meaning that there are Christians attending it from all the churches..i.e. Catholic, Episcopal, Reformed Protestant, Non denominational, and also non church going Christians too.

This study goes from September to June of the following year, and is very structured, which is something I really need in my life as a bible believing Christian.

The benefits of this BSF study is that I've been able to meet folks from every denomination and non-denomination that you can think of. I've made many friends, and learned that Christians are not unlike the colors of alley cats. We come in all kinds of packaging. We all have different personalities, and some clash and some don't. Overall, the Spirit of God within this whole gamut of Christians from varying areas of life, seems to make us a peaceable lot. One fellow in my group is Cambodian, and his parents sent him to America while he was a very young man, along with his sister. His sister went back to Cambodia, but he stayed in America. His Mom, Dad, and sis, were killed by the Pol Pot Regime while he stayed in America. They were killed because they were Christians.

Anyway, that aside, us U.S. Christians don't realize or have not really had to face the oppression that can come with the Christian faith, as many have endured in other parts of the world. We have a very sympathetic, and easy going populous that is quite tolerant. Thanks to the U.S. Constitution.

Ann Coulter:
    I was tuned into Michael Savage yesterday as I drove home from some shopping, and he was really worked-up over Ann Coulter's comments. I actually heard the recording of her interview, and I was quite surprised at her comments. Michael Savage is a Jew, by the way.

As a Christian, my desire is for the whole world to know Christ as their personal Saviour. I'm also a realist, and know that this is "pie in the sky" but I do know that many millions will convert to Christianity from atheistic, agnostic, and many religious sects. It has been happening for years, as evangelical missionaries are all over the world, supported by local churches that exist in mostly the Western cultured world. England was a great sending nation, but now is in dire need of missionaries to come back to them, as most of the churches of England and even France are like empty mausoleums on Sundays. Secular humanism/Votairism greatly changed the Christian influence in Europe.

Christians can put on two-sided clap boards and stand on street corners and print bible verses on the clap boards, with John 3:16, and "Your going to hell if you don't repent!" printed on the other side. These folks may think they are a pseudo, "John the Baptists" and are "voices in the wind", bringing God's gospel to the unsaved masses. Sadly, this type of evangelism in many ways, turns-off the masses, as it puts Christians in some types of light, that make us out to be loonies, or judgemental by those that aren't true converted,Christians.

Ann's comments that Jews live by rules, and Christians don't but by grace, was basically her premise. She was in essence stating that Christ fullfilled the Judaic Law, of do's and don'ts in order to be acceptable to God; that was part and partial of the Jewish faith. She was saying that Christians, don't live by the Law anymore, but live by grace or unmerited favor through Christ's fullfilling of the demands of Judaic Law through His receiving humanity's judgement for failing to fullfill God's law. Romans 3:23 says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. = Even Ann Coulter! The bible says whether we know it or not, we are all in need of redemption or reconciliation with God. Ann's premise was that Jews still contend with living by the Law, and the myriads of laws that they added to the Mosaic laws, in order to be at peace with God. This peace with God is a yearly thing too, as the Jews would place their nation's and their personal sins against God, vicariously upon an unblemished lamb, and then sacrifice that lamb. It was part of the regulations handed down through the Mosaic system. I doubt that this custom is fully understood by all Jews nowadays, except for the more legalistic, Hasidic Jews or practicing Jews.

A Messiah that would come and take the sins of a people away for eternity was promised in the O.T.. Christians believe that the Jesus of the New Testament was the fullfilling of the numerous prophecys found throughout the O.T.. To this day, most Jews do not accept Jesus as the Messiah, but are still hoping or waiting for that redemptive Messiah to come. Until then, they sacrifice, and follow their faith in a state of hope.

Ann Coulter, I believe faltered in the way she addressed this issue or difference between the Jewish faith and the Christian faith. I felt that she was extremely judgemental in the way she voiced the difference. I agree with her premise, but not her approach.

Jesus came to save, and not to judge. His second coming will be different. Right now, we, as Christians are called to a gospel of reconciliation. Some Christians interpret this to mean, that "Anything can be said as long as it's from the scripture or supports scripture.". In other words, it's ok to lower the "boom" on non Christians, and come off hard and judgemental, and that's not the Christian's/messenger's problem, but the one receiving the "Godly"/"Scriptural" message. I call this the Gattling Gun approach. In other words, you spin the old lever and let the words of God fly, and if they make a good hit, then that's fine, and if those words hurt some folks or maim them, then that's not "my" fault, cause I'm a Christian and I'm serving God and fullfilling the Great Commission.

I don't know where Ann Coulter stands as a Christian. She may be very well versed in the bible or she may be very limited. Also she may be very carnal, and not actually allowing Gods Holy Spirit to reign in her life. I think the latter may be the case, sadly.

Personally, when I heard her comments about Jews and Judaism, I was very saddened. I think that she blackened Jesus's eye, and the Christian faith, with her comments. She portrayed to many that are already very skeptical and ready to find fault with bible Christians' and gave them unneeded fodder to hurt the Body of Christ as a whole.

Her comments lacked compassion, and were said in a "matter of fact" way, with little comment to amend or explain the "why" of what she said. She simply said it in a way that told the Jewish American populous that they are "almost saved, but not quite". In other words, they were told that they are 4/5ths to Christianity.

What a sad scenario!

Jesus's ministry did bring a division, but he didn't come off as aloof, but compassionately tried to reason, and explain how His ministry was for Jews and gentiles alike.

Christians have a very strong tie to Israel and the Jewish faith. Afterall, our founder, Jesus Christ was a Jew and was still a Jew, before His crucifixion and after with His ressurrection, and ascension to be seated at the Right Hand of the Father in Heaven.

Jesus first brought his message of redemption to the Jews, or His countrymen, and then the message went to the gentile nations as the Jewish nation and countrymen basically rejected (not all) Him and His message as prophesied in the bible.

Anyway, I can't defend Ann Coulter on this one. I know that she's gotten a lot of flak for standing with conservative causes. She's been "pie-d" in the face at college speech engagements, and has been called all kinds of names..etc.. Much of those monikers were very vitreolic, but she has also thrown some pretty tough stuff at the liberal movement, and individuals within it, too.

She's a tough woman; willing to take the flak, but her latest comments as a Christian spokeswoman were not seasoned with wisdom or fore-thought, and hurt biblical Christians and Christianity more than it helped. It also drove a wedge between Jews and Christians in our country.

Typo:

I wish you and others would try to distinguish between those that blunder and say, "thus sayeth the Lord" and bring such animosity and those that quietly live their lives out ala Mother Teresa, or are helping in orphanages, or Christian Mission Soup kitchens in inner citys, and so many others that are raising their kids to live a life of good ethics, and strong biblical foundation, undergirded with love and not judgmentalism.

Christianity does not equal Conservatism or Republicanism.

Biblical truths due often harmonize with many of the tenents of American Conservatism, and that philosophy has attached itself to the Republican party, but not in total.

Remember that true Christianity is not a political philosophy, but a life based on a supernatural faith, based on a 2,000 + year foundation of scriptures.

Sadly, those that have some burr in their flesh or soul concerning the bible or Christianity, seem to pick out examples (Ann Coulters) of Christianity that don't reflect the mainstream, and then use it to hurt all Christians or turn the world or the populous against Christians.

Many Christians maybe conservative, but they are Christians first, and political party members secondly: if they are trully living or abiding scripturally in their faith.

Personally, I believe that the Republican party has moved more and more away from Christian values, as reflected in most of the front running candidate's positions.

Most likely, Hillary will become are first female President. I will bare with her tenure, and see what comes of our country. I will not leave my country or go to a shrink to assuage my dissapointment. I will continue to obey my government, as long as it does not obviscate or override God's moral laws/ethics. The bible says that God raises leaders and nations and also brings down nations and leaders. He often allows some leaders to arise as a result of chastising a nation of people. Just read the O.T., and you see a nation that had good leaders, average leaders, and very bad leaders. When that nation stayed close to God, and didn't fall into pagan or secular devotion, they were materially, and securely blessed. Wars and rumors of wars lessened.

Politics are cyclical. Sometimes we must accept that someone with such divergent philosophy from our own will reign supreme for awhile. If Hillary's philosophy of government is of God, then He will sustain her and give her back-to-back terms and will allow more with her philosophical view to be commander and chiefs. If God wants, she will be a one-termer, or will fade into history along with her philosophies.

No one expected the implosion of the USSR back in the 80's. God establishes nations, and brings them down. The USSR had all the essentials to lead and guide it's people in reverence to God, but instead, worshiped humanism. They got about 60+ years to come around, and they didn't. Now we have no, USSR.

Israel showed (1948)up again on the maps after nearly 2,000 years of non-existence as a nation. It was all prophesied in the bible.

Typo: Please don't gauge the average biblical Christian on Ann Coulter, as it is a real slap in the face to devoted, God loving folks that have helped make this and many other nations of the world better places to live. People like Michael Faraday ( inventor of the electric motor/generator), Washington Carver, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Sir Isaac Newton, and so many others have contributed so much to humanity, yet they believed in a Creator, and in Christ as His Son.

Ann Coulter needs to be reigned-in when she delves or dives into Christian theology in such a flippant, unthinking way.

She indeed turned off a lot of people of Jewish persuasion and faith that might that have had no "bones" to pick with Christianity. She actually ressurrected a Crusader's mentality with her comments.
    Last edited by eighballsidepocket; 10-13-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    Regards, Eightballsidepocket

"Nothing should be said anonymously behind a P.C., that can't be respectfully said in person"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

8ball:

Thank you for taking so much time out to explain your faith and your take on Ann Coulter.

I want to assure you that I have for many years understood the huge difference between (in your words) the "average biblical Christian" and people like Coulter and Fred Phelps - who have correctly been called things like hypocrites and wolves in sheeps' clothing. Sadly, this board has quite a few of the latter. (And probably at least a few of the former, happily.)

I also agree with what you implied about how living out one's life quietly in the service of others on behalf of you faith is the best way to be a truly religious person.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.