Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Will the Gulf Stream really collapse by 2025?

FYI. Backpedaling from 2025 because it's almost here. Successfully doing so since the 1970s

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-66289494
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    FYI. Backpedaling from 2025 because it's almost here. Successfully doing so since the 1970s

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-66289494
    congratulations, you're old.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AHZ View Post
    congratulations, you're old.
    Because my age has something to do with the Gulf Stream possible collapsing

Try addressing the topic.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Everybody knows....sure it will!

Just like GUAM will eventually TIP OVER into the Pacific Ocean IF....
    Too many more Marines, and their Families continue to occupy the Island.
    Just like Congressman Johnson mentioned to a Navy Admiral....
    BOTTOM LINE. IF THE GULF STREAM IS IN SUCH DANGER OF COLLAPSE.
    Can we all NOW ADMIT. There are some Really Dumb, Stupid, Ignorant, Mentally Deranged, LOCO Idiots Among Us.
    "For Every Three People Who Are Stupid.
    At Least One Is As Stupid As The Other Two."

GOTTA LOVE HIS INTELLECTUAL SCIENTIFIC ACCESS TO LIBERAL LOGIC ON STEROIDS.
    Last edited by icansayit; 07-26-2023 at 06:32 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

7. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Just like GUAM will eventually TIP OVER into the Pacific Ocean IF....
    Too many more Marines, and their Families continue to occupy the Island.
    Just like Congressman Johnson mentioned to a Navy Admiral....

GOTTA LOVE HIS INTELLECTUAL SCIENTIFIC ACCESS TO LIBERAL LOGIC ON STEROIDS.

Always makes me laugh. An elected member of Congress.

9. Thanks icansayit, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Because my age has something to do with the Gulf Stream possible collapsing

Try addressing the topic.

The gulf stream collapsing is idiot talk.

there ya go. topic addressed, Methuselah.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The gulf stream collapsing is idiot talk.

there ya go. topic addressed, Methuselah.
    The Gulf Stream collapsing is a scientific, geographical possibility. It hasn't always been there and won't always be there.

The Earth is and has been constantly evolving despite Man. You can adapt to it and live. Try to fight it and die as the sheeple following the climate change lefties will who think they can take on natural evolution. Or you can just deny it and go down like a deer in the headlights.

12. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The Gulf Stream collapsing is a scientific, geographical possibility. It hasn't always been there and won't always be there.

The Earth is and has been constantly evolving despite Man. You can adapt to it and live. Try to fight it and die as the sheeple following the climate change lefties will who think they can take on natural evolution. Or you can just deny it and go down like a deer in the headlights.

It's all not a big deal.

all this environmentalism shit is an excuse to talk americans out of using their own resources. that's it and that's all.

It's very dum dum sauce.

Yes, you might say i'm "reductivist and dismissive" of the topic in general.
    Last edited by AHZ; 07-27-2023 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It's all not a big deal.

all this environmentalism shit is an excuse to talk americans out of using their own resources. that's it and that's all.

It's very dum dum sauce.

Yes, you might say i'm "reductivist and dismissive" of the topic in general.
    As usual, extremist and closed-minded. Not smart enough to look through the bullshit and see what's there.

Evolution of the planet is scientific fact. Ignore away.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

As usual, extremist and closed-minded. Not smart enough to look through the bullshit and see what's there.

Evolution of the planet is scientific fact. Ignore away.

I disagree of course.

Im saying the health of the gulf stream is unimportant relatively and is given a heightened importance by envirowackos who seek to convince westerners to forego capitalizing on their own resources.

I'm sorry you've been bamboozled and misled by this stupidity.

The undue importance given these dumb issues is unwarranted and moronic.
    Last edited by AHZ; 07-27-2023 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

So since the environmentalist have been lying & wrong about climate for the past 40 years we're suppose to take this seriously without much critical review.

Sorry,
    I'm not buying it.
    Let's hear all 'expert' opinion before buying the doomsday prediction.

one thing i'l say off hand is that it sounds like that they are assuming that the "trend" is on going --AND GETTING WORSE!!!AAHHH!-- rather than something that itself is temporary.
    Why that assumption?
    If the gulf stream is so temporary why can't the slow down be as well?
    What makes them think that the trend is one way?
    Have there been times were the Gulf Stream has been stronger? 'A new study says so' so maybe it will get TOO strong ..AND KILL US ALL!!!

These are the ALARMIST stories some folks complain about.

ice age ... no global warming now ice age again.

Maybe they should just say something like:
    "Here are some interesting studies about whats happening now...
    But we've really got no freakin' clue WHAT the weather OR Climate will be in the next 5 to 200 years."
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-27-2023 at 01:55 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

17. Thanks AHZ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    So since the environmentalist have been lying & wrong about climate for the past 40 years we're suppose to take this seriously without much critical review.

Sorry,
    I'm not buying it.
    Let's hear all 'expert' opinion before buying the doomsday prediction.

one thing i'l say off hand is that it sounds like that they are assuming that the "trend" is on going --AND GETTING WORSE!!!AAHHH!-- rather than something that itself is temporary.
    Why that assumption?
    If the gulf stream is so temporary why can't the slow down be as well?
    What makes them think that the trend is one way?
    Have there been times were the Gulf Stream has been stronger? 'A new study says so' so maybe it will get TOO strong ..AND KILL US ALL!!!

These are the ALARMIST stories some folks complain about.

ice age ... no global warming now ice age again.

Maybe they should just say something like:
    "Here are some interesting studies about whats happening now...
    But we've really got no freakin' clue WHAT the weather OR Climate will be in the next 5 to 200 years."
    Did you read the article? My takeaway is some scientists are questioning a declared result based on nothing more than a hypothesis. My comment in the OP that 2025 was almost here was nothing more than smartassery

When I discuss this issue, it most assuredly isn't in support of greenies that want to take your gas stove My stance on that is what I touched upon above. These con men that have created a bogus industry while vilifying the fossil fuel industry could care less about the climate beyond the fact that climate change sells fear and has everyone acting about as irrational as they did over covid. This is about them hijacking the fossil fuel industry's wealth and power, and dictating to people. In my opinion.

Just as with covid, all common sense on both sides has been tossed in favor of political posturing. The deniers throw the baby out with the bathwater, while the fascist greenies demand complete compliance with all their stupid ideas using the doomsday threat for leverage. And if there's one thing people will and have historically done, is fall for doomsday threats.

Meanwhile, in the real World, literally, the climate has changed before and no doubt will again. The controllers of the Matrix have decreed it so (j/k)

I think it is foolish to throw out actual science/biology and history because of the aforementioned carpetbagging morons. Dismissing the distinct possibility of something that has happened more than once happening again leaves one unprepared to deal with it.

19. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Did you read the article? My takeaway is some scientists are questioning a declared result based on nothing more than a hypothesis. My comment in the OP that 2025 was almost here was nothing more than smartassery

When I discuss this issue, it most assuredly isn't in support of greenies that want to take your gas stove My stance on that is what I touched upon above. These con men that have created a bogus industry while vilifying the fossil fuel industry could care less about the climate beyond the fact that climate change sells fear and has everyone acting about as irrational as they did over covid. This is about them hijacking the fossil fuel industry's wealth and power, and dictating to people. In my opinion.

Just as with covid, all common sense on both sides has been tossed in favor of political posturing. The deniers throw the baby out with the bathwater, while the fascist greenies demand complete compliance with all their stupid ideas using the doomsday threat for leverage. And if there's one thing people will and have historically done, is fall for doomsday threats.

Meanwhile, in the real World, literally, the climate has changed before and no doubt will again. The controllers of the Matrix have decreed it so (j/k)

I think it is foolish to throw out actual science/biology and history because of the aforementioned carpetbagging morons. Dismissing the distinct possibility of something that has happened more than once happening again leaves one unprepared to deal with it.

NO.

it's not both sides are equally bad.

again your compulsive bothesidesism is wearing thin.

what is the extremist opposite of the greenies? normal people? yes basically.

there's no "both sides doing it". there's greeny crazies and normal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

NO.

it's not both sides are equally bad.

again your compulsive bothesidesism is wearing thin.

what is the extremist opposite of the greenies? normal people? yes basically.

there's no "both sides doing it". there's greeny crazies and normal.
    Your severe myopia duly noted

You're done here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

My ad blocker didn't let me read it the 1st time around.
    and seems the article is admittedly a lot of speculation and thin "science".

But i never said you were for or against it, I just posted my POV.

And I'm very much inline with your last bit here.
    We have to look at ALL the science and not pretend that everything from ANY source (no matter how many times its been wrong) is total BS.
    That's my general stance on information in general.
    political, scientific, historical etc.
    no source is by default excluded IF they can present good evidence or reason for their POV.
    So called crackpots, crazies, conspiracist, criminals, & other non conformist all get a place at the table in my book.
    Heck even people in the military have a few bits of info about a few things that shed light on some issues.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post