Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

You could make a goat rope out of anything

Morality is rationalized by society or the individual. It is what is defined as the difference between right and wrong. It can be based on religion but is not required. It is not in and of itself rational as morality has no inherent quantification. People give it meaning.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/morality-definition/

Judeo-Christian society's morality is based on the Word of God and Jesus Christ. Confuscious stated "the Golden Rule" centuries before Christ was born.

Ephesians 2:8-9 [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Can't slide into Heaven on works alone either.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-29-2023 at 07:15 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You could make a goat rope out of anything

Morality is rationalized by society or the individual. It is what is defined as the difference between right and wrong. It can be based on religion but is not required. It is not in and of itself rational as morality has no inherent quantification. People give it meaning.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/morality-definition/

Judeo-Christian society's morality is based on the Word of God and Jesus Christ. Confuscious stated "the Golden Rule" centuries before Christ was born.

Ephesians 2:8-9 [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Can't slide into Heaven on works alone either.
    Im saying its rational.

not rationalized.

there's a difference.

I'm not really talking about heaven.

Im talking about tangible 'on world' benefits of getting along, like enhanced peace, productivity, happiness, cooperation, and security.

https://www.christianity.com › wiki › christian-life › what-is-the-golden-rule.html

Aug 09, 2022 The Golden Rule is the ethical principle of treating other people as one's self would prefer to be treated. One of Jesus' most famous and impactful teachings, the Golden Rule can be found in the Bible verses Matthew 7:12 and Luke 6:31
    Last edited by AHZ; 08-30-2023 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AHZ View Post
    Im saying its rational.

not rationalized.

there's a difference.

I'm not really talking about heaven.

Im talking about tangible 'on world' benefits of getting along, like enhanced peace, productivity happiness, cooperation, and security.

https://www.christianity.com › wiki › christian-life › what-is-the-golden-rule.html

Aug 09, 2022 The Golden Rule is the ethical principle of treating other people as one's self would prefer to be treated. One of Jesus' most famous and impactful teachings, the Golden Rule can be found in the Bible verses Matthew 7:12 and Luke 6:31
    In other words, you don't know what you are talking about, starting with words mean things. Your morality is rational to you. That's as far as you can go. Where most provide a why it is rational, which is rationalizing, you fail that one also.

The Golden Rule is rational. The self-explanatory rules provides it own rationale. Christianity is not the rationale for the Golden Rule as it predates Christianity by centuries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

It is a tenet of Christ's teachings, but not a summation of his teachings. Following the Golden Rule alone -- works -- will not get one into Heaven, as referenced in my previous post.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

In other words, you don't know what you are talking about, starting with words mean things. Your morality is rational to you. That's as far as you can go. Where most provide a why it is rational, which is rationalizing, you fail that one also.

The Golden Rule is rational. The self-explanatory rules provides it own rationale. Christianity is not the rationale for the Golden Rule as it predates Christianity by centuries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

It is a tenet of Christ's teachings, but not a summation of his teachings. Following the Golden Rule alone -- works -- will not get one into Heaven, as referenced in my previous post.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of my post.

The golden rule is a morality shared by many.... ie. it's not "mine" per-se.

Is cooperation and non-agression irrational to you?

jesus said verbatim it is the sum of the law and the prophets. this is jesus' own words, referenced in kjv.

other religions saying something similar doesn't mean the golden rule isnt fully christian.

if jesus said 2+2=4 would math become religious superstition?
    Last edited by AHZ; 08-30-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

I don't think that's a fair assessment of my post.

The golden rule is a morality shared by many.... ie. it's not "mine" per-se.

Is cooperation and non-agression irrational to you?

jesus said verbatim it is the sum of the law and the prophets. this is jesus' own words, referenced in kjv.
    Whether or not you think it is fair, it is accurate. I feel like I do when trying to teach my grandson to tie his shoes

What you are trying to say but have to go round the World in a circle jerk of misusing the English language: Christian morality is rational. You rationalize this by the Golden Rule and Christ stating it is the sum of the law and prophets. Incomplete and argumentative in and of itself.

None of which supports the thread title: Morality is Rational.

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Whether or not you think it is fair, it is accurate. I feel like I do when trying to teach my grandson to tie his shoes

What you are trying to say but have to go round the World in a circle jerk of misusing the English language: Christian morality is rational. You rationalize this by the Golden Rule and Christ stating it is the sum of the law and prophets. Incomplete and argumentative in and of itself.

None of which supports the thread title: Morality is Rational.

I disagree.

The golden rule is not mine. thats just a fact.

Im saying the golden rule is rational.

christ said it is the sum of the law and the prophets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

I disagree.

The golden rule is not mine. thats just a fact.

Im saying the golden rule is rational.

christ said it is the sum of the law and the prophets.
    Dumbass, from what quadrant of the cosmos are you pulling this shit?

You did NOT state the Golden Rule is rational. Thread title: Morality is Rational.

If I posted a link that states the Golden Rule dates back at least as far as Confucius, where on Earth would you get the notion that I would EVER think you could come up with something like that? Have no fear that I would ever put you in the intellectual company of Jesus Christ or Confucius.

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You did NOT state the Golden Rule is rational. Thread title: Morality is Rational.

If I posted a link that states the Golden Rule dates back at least as far as Confucius, where on Earth would you get the notion that I would EVER think you could come up with something like that? Have no fear that I would ever put you in the intellectual company of Jesus Christ or Confucius.
    More like that guy last century that liked the idea of the 'big lie.'

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Morality is rational, especially as expressed in the golden rule, a defining statement of chirstian morality.

Confucius saying it doesn't mean christ didn't say it, or that it's not christian. two different people can agree and be rational.
    Last edited by AHZ; 08-30-2023 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Morality is rational, especially as expressed in the golden rule, a defining statement of chirstian morality.

Confucius saying it doesn't mean christ didn't say it, or that it's not christian. two different people can agree and be rational.
    Stumble while trying to backpedal and type at the same time?

Try reading what is there as opposed to what is not. Your last sentence/paragraph addresses nothing I stated.

15. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Stumble while trying to backpedal and type at the same time?

Try reading what is there as opposed to what is not. Your last sentence/paragraph addresses nothing I stated.

yet, i'm satisfied with my response. you're free to remain plussed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

yet, i'm satisfied with my response. you're free to remain plussed.
    You mean the one I posted for you that in your desperation you ran for?

At least you wrecked a thread you started this time

18. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You mean the one I posted for you that in your desperation you ran for?

At least you wrecked a thread you started this time

It's not wrecked.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

@revelarts

let's talk more about the golden rule being actually unfit as moral guidance.

you say it can be twisted and used to suppress free speech.

anything can be twisted.

There's a golden rule defense of free speech as well. You don't want to be silenced, so don't silence others.

it stilll works well, unless your on the mission i mentioned before of keeping religion crazy.

there are dark business forces at work on our planet to stop outbreaks of peace, love, and harmony. Jackboot thug 'might makes right' morality. the twisiting of jesus into warrior jesus.

I think the amish are right on jesus.

the golden rule is amazing because it requires empathy and a basic understanding that we are much the same.

bad people hate empathy and people realizing their own natural affinity for peace and cooperation over murder and destruction.

Im writing a book "Globalist Dogma: Refusal of Empathy, the fall of mankind"
    Last edited by AHZ; 08-31-2023 at 08:07 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Red River Revel arts festival?