Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's what I said when I first walked down the stairs and saw the disaster. My wife slept in the garage near the pumps as the storm started overnight and place was dry in the AM. Up and down monitoring things. An hour later and open the door to the basement - and well..... shit. Sometimes that's all you can say.

Told my wife not to bother but she wanted to be near the pumps to make sure they were turned on and off if it didn't happen on it's own (long story). Had no idea she slept there so don't yell at me!

I told her, you can't stop water. Not without a vault barrier surrounding our door. A door isn't the appropriate barrier to block a flood from entering the garage. And then 6 nches later and it's over the step into the basement. And worse, the sump pump in basement can only do so much. When the water gets THAT saturated and flooded back there, it works it's way underground and upward into the sump pump pit, and beats pump and overflows into the basement. Double whammy. And it all leads back to the "lake" of water that forms with massive rains and eventually the lawn says "no mas" and the basement says "come on in".

How's things by you Mr Mick? You hit the downtown area where I met you ever at all? Or not really your area?

You make your wife sleep in the basement?! Some day you need to tell me your secret...

Everything is good here, man. Fingers crossed it'll be another year without a hurricane (just knocked wood) - sixty one days to go...

We go downtown occasionally, usually when we have people visiting or we're going to a show at the Charleston Music Hall, in fact we're going down to see Post Modern Jukebox the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Mostly we stick middle and upper King Street, where a couple three of out favorite eateries are... the best BBQ in town, a New Mexico style restaurant, and a very good local brewery. Come on down, we'll go... that goes for any of you... well, most of you anyway...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    You make your wife sleep in the basement?! Some day you need to tell me your secret...

Everything is good here, man. Fingers crossed it'll be another year without a hurricane (just knocked wood) - sixty one days to go...

We go downtown occasionally, usually when we have people visiting or we're going to a show at the Charleston Music Hall, in fact we're going down to see Post Modern Jukebox the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Mostly we stick middle and upper King Street, where a couple three of out favorite eateries are... the best BBQ in town, a New Mexico style restaurant, and a very good local brewery. Come on down, we'll go... that goes for any of you... well, most of you anyway...
    I was sleeping when she made that executive decision! Never told me and I was unaware. But I would have advised against it. She seems to think that if it starts to overflow and flood that she can maybe use a bucket and prevent that from happening. Water is too damn strong. Pumps and piping or hoses to the street are the only way.

Glad you guys have been storm free! music places sound cool, you should pirate some for us next time you go!

We don't really all get together for the southern vacations anymore. Sister and Dad don't talk and she hosts me 99% of the time. My brother is occupied with a girly in NJ and has been AWOL for a bit but isn't into it anymore. Jeff is odd, up all night and down for the count most of the day. Also nearly impossible to get a hold of him. I speak with my Dad daily mostly. He's 87 now and starting to slow down a bit. He now acts like he's in his 60's. Man is in damn great shape and still extremely active for his age. Out daily flying his drone or at some damn store or restaurant. He was driving to PA twice yearly and will be back in December. He said only once per year going forward. I'm happy to take a quick trip to see him down there though.

Would love to bring my drones down by you and fly/film that waterfront area we were at before you came and met up with us. Beautiful area in addition to all the downtown, and were a lot of hotties walking around that area!! Yeah, I'm married, and they wouldn't take an interest in me anyway. Doesn't hurt to do a little window shopping at the diamond store where I can never purchase anything.

You should invite @Gunny into town, see what he tells ya.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Kathianne, hjmick, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I was sleeping when she made that executive decision! Never told me and I was unaware. But I would have advised against it. She seems to think that if it starts to overflow and flood that she can maybe use a bucket and prevent that from happening. Water is too damn strong. Pumps and piping or hoses to the street are the only way.

Glad you guys have been storm free! music places sound cool, you should pirate some for us next time you go!

We don't really all get together for the southern vacations anymore. Sister and Dad don't talk and she hosts me 99% of the time. My brother is occupied with a girly in NJ and has been AWOL for a bit but isn't into it anymore. Jeff is odd, up all night and down for the count most of the day. Also nearly impossible to get a hold of him. I speak with my Dad daily mostly. He's 87 now and starting to slow down a bit. He now acts like he's in his 60's. Man is in damn great shape and still extremely active for his age. Out daily flying his drone or at some damn store or restaurant. He was driving to PA twice yearly and will be back in December. He said only once per year going forward. I'm happy to take a quick trip to see him down there though.

Would love to bring my drones down by you and fly/film that waterfront area we were at before you came and met up with us. Beautiful area in addition to all the downtown, and were a lot of hotties walking around that area!! Yeah, I'm married, and they wouldn't take an interest in me anyway. Doesn't hurt to do a little window shopping at the diamond store where I can never purchase anything.

You should invite @Gunny into town, see what he tells ya.

Even Gunny would be welcome!

I've always said that I would bend an elbow with almost anyone who let me know they were coming to town. The sentiment still stands. Mid-October through mid-May are the best times, no humidity to speak of... usually.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

6. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Gunny, fj1200 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I wanted to try flying through the garage and into the shitty basement and test the low lighting...

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Even Gunny would be welcome!

I've always said that I would bend an elbow with almost anyone who let me know they were coming to town. The sentiment still stands. Mid-October through mid-May are the best times, no humidity to speak of... usually.
    Same here, my friends here are always welcome should they come to NY. Always offer to open our home for folks to say and even borrow a vehicle if they flew in and need to cruise around. Thus far only Russ and Abbey have swung by here & Darin and his girlfriend as well. I need to move somewhere nicer so folks will visit.

I always find myself in the southern areas in the summer and inevitably heat highs will rush in and I melt like the wicked witch. Definitely next trips will be at cooler times. Might try to get to Alaska for sometime in the winter if I can. Only sweat then when out playing, otherwise the temps are nice and chilly. So long as Rick remembers the gas for the heat anyway so that my ass doesn't wake up at 3am in -10 outside. It got a tad cool in the cabin. At least I wasn't on a snow machine cruising for 40-50 miles out in that crap! Must have been a little chilly for them on that trip! And I was back at the cabin

9. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post