Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default The Ethics Of "Spamming."

At first, I wasn't allowed to join this forum because the anonymous way I like to use the internet, I was told that my trying to register resembled spam like behavior. Something I have run across in trying to join many forums. On the internet, I found one of the definitions for what forums call a "spammer" to be interesting. One of the things they call a spammer is somebody who tries to impart unwanted information. Just let that sink in for a bit. Unwanted......Information. Humans are supposed to be thinking creatures. You can't be a thinking creature if information exists that you don't want to know. The best you can achieve is to be a useful tool for the status quo. Which is a state of being that I find to be unethical.

Also, there was a writer out there named Aldous Huxley. But from some of the quotes I have seen by him, I would consider him to be more of a philosopher than a writer. I will show you a couple things he once said. You may want to comment on what I wrote before. But an additional comment on these quotes would also be welcome.

Aldous Huxley.jpg

Aldous Huxley 2.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

See if I can get an over/under on how long this poster lasts

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disobey View Post
    At first, I wasn't allowed to join this forum because the anonymous way I like to use the internet, I was told that my trying to register resembled spam like behavior. Something I have run across in trying to join many forums. On the internet, I found one of the definitions for what forums call a "spammer" to be interesting. One of the things they call a spammer is somebody who tries to impart unwanted information. Just let that sink in for a bit. Unwanted......Information. Humans are supposed to be thinking creatures. You can't be a thinking creature if information exists that you don't want to know. The best you can achieve is to be a useful tool for the status quo. Which is a state of being that I find to be unethical.

Also, there was a writer out there named Aldous Huxley. But from some of the quotes I have seen by him, I would consider him to be more of a philosopher than a writer. I will show you a couple things he once said. You may want to comment on what I wrote before. But an additional comment on these quotes would also be welcome.
    That's not what forum spamming really is, when not truly spam.

Some folks get angry and will take an article or paragraphs and start posting the identical thing in more than just a thread or two. Some will post an article/opinion/set of words or whatever one calls it over and over. Some will even take a derogatory insult of someone and start following someone and posting it over and over. Any of that would be forum "spamming" or simply labeled disruptive. 99% of the time a subject can be kept in the threads at hand, and some references here and there of course to other threads.

Perhaps it's labeled different elsewhere but that's what we would label it here. Usually we would say "stop spamming multiple threads with the same thing".

No one here considers anything "unwanted information" nor would such be deleted, and certainly no rules broken there. But folks can of course disagree and/or ignore threads or whatever. The only thing censored here is the C word some would use to refer to women. Out of respect to our women members here and former members who couldn't help themselves, I censored it.

Folks here are cool and love intelligent discussions even if we disagree.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    See if I can get an over/under on how long this poster lasts
    Needs to forget the protective attitude as if we are going to do something to him. Possibly because he's been to shitty forums or perhaps banned from other forums. Perhaps disobey name is another way of saying disagree or disobeying what politicians say, and not because he disobeys rules/moderators where he goes.

I'm hoping for positives across the board but time will tell. I hope he will consider our joint a positive place to hang and discuss shit.

Everyone deserves a chance here to enjoy the place as some of us have for so long. They dictate their own destinies here.

Maybe when he returns he can tell us more about himself? His politics? Whether he hates the Giants and Cowboys?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Aldous Huxley.jpg

I hate people in real life mostly, And mostly because I detest stupid people. Especially if they are driving. Or voting. or living near me. Not real fond of anyone for that fact.

I'd say that the rest of the quote perfectly describes democrats. And democrats will point back. But we all know which party wants the government running and dictating their lives and then wanting them to then wipe their butts for them.

Aldous Huxley 2.jpg
    Sometimes technology can expand ones knowledge and be used as tools to better ones self. Could also be destructive. Up to the individual. Kinda like prior to all this technology. Some could go out and expand their knowledge, education and better ones self. Others can hit the bottle or whatever and become destructive.

Not saying they are the same, but life is based on our own actions, and some luck of course.

9. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I thought Spamming was just posting a LOAD of "information" randomly.
    And then not directly engaging in the feedback given.

So it's like just a DUMP of flyers/pamphlets into a forum, not a real forum 'conversation.'

Huxley makes a lot great points.
    An interesting thing to me,
    It seems that a lot of what he exposed about propaganda and the machinations of the 'powers that be' he got from working with/for them during various European wars himself.

Same with H.G. Wells and other apparently prophetic writers of that era.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-01-2023 at 11:04 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

American country that has been made the bitch of latan america
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's not what forum spamming really is, when not truly spam.

Some folks get angry and will take an article or paragraphs and start posting the identical thing in more than just a thread or two. Some will post an article/opinion/set of words or whatever one calls it over and over. Some will even take a derogatory insult of someone and start following someone and posting it over and over. Any of that would be forum "spamming" or simply labeled disruptive. 99% of the time a subject can be kept in the threads at hand, and some references here and there of course to other threads.

Perhaps it's labeled different elsewhere but that's what we would label it here. Usually we would say "stop spamming multiple threads with the same thing".

No one here considers anything "unwanted information" nor would such be deleted, and certainly no rules broken there. But folks can of course disagree and/or ignore threads or whatever. The only thing censored here is the C word some would use to refer to women. Out of respect to our women members here and former members who couldn't help themselves, I censored it.

Folks here are cool and love intelligent discussions even if we disagree.

Whatever being a "spammer" truly is doesn't matter. Apparently, anti-spam software decides the matter. As for what other people may post because of what I had posted, I can't be held responsible for that. Also, at another forum that I was banned from, I was looking around at different topics. I saw that somebody had posted something like what I may have posted. They had accused that person of being me and banned them. I had to sock my way back in under a different username just to tell them that the person they banned for being me wasn't me. Of course my new account got immediately banned. But at least I straightened that matter out. I wonder how many other people have been banned for being me when they weren't.

Next, apparently you don't know how things work. I could tell you truthful things that neither you or anybody else around here would likely want to know. And all it would take is for just one person to object and report me. Just that one single person would decide what everybody else should be allowed to hear. Because I would be banned. And as likely as not, what I wrote deleted. Next, oh how I wish things worked as you say. As I said, I have been banned from some other forums. But if they didn't like what I had to say, they could just ignore me. I don't force anybody to read anything I write. In fact, at one forum I got so fed up and started a thread with the title, "Don't Read This Thread!" It didn't do any good. As for people anywhere liking intelligent discussion, that is highly unlikely. By and by, I will try out a thread about a logical argument for members here to ram into with their intellect. Being unable to argue against it, it will likely get me banned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Sometimes technology can expand ones knowledge and be used as tools to better ones self. Could also be destructive. Up to the individual. Kinda like prior to all this technology. Some could go out and expand their knowledge, education and better ones self. Others can hit the bottle or whatever and become destructive.

Not saying they are the same, but life is based on our own actions, and some luck of course.

Quote reply 1. Republicans and democrats are just two different sides of the same corrupt coin.

Quote reply 2. An increase in technology without an equal increase in ethics is a sure recipe for destruction. And we are well on our way to becoming extinct.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

So it's like just a DUMP of flyers/pamphlets into a forum, not a real forum 'conversation.'

It seems that a lot of what he exposed about propaganda and the machinations of the 'powers that be' he got from working with/for them during various European wars himself.

Apparently you aren't a mod. For most of the ones I have run across, this is how they think. Truth = SPAM. Also, for things I have wrote about that others didn't like, the whole problem was that I was willing to discuss what I wrote with them. But the only way anybody could win a debate with me is to ban me first. Then you should see how all the cockroaches would scurry out from underneath the cabinets to have their say. Knowing that I was no longer there to debate them. And as far as whatever thread goes, leaving whatever crap they came up with as the last word on the matter. The ignorant assholes. Also, I see that we both have avatar images from the same movie. Interesting.
    Last edited by disobey; 10-01-2023 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Also, I see that we both have avatar images from the same movie. Interesting.
    I guess we both have good taste in movies. cool.

But you know what i find interesting about that is,
    I use the avatar of the protagonist while you use the avatar of the antagonist.

Very Interesting.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-01-2023 at 09:45 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

15. Likes Mr. P, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Trolling/spamming has no ethics.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I guess we both have good taste in movies. cool.

But you know what i find interesting about that is,
    I use the avatar of the protagonist while you use the avatar of the antagonist.

Very Interesting.

Yes, I use an avatar of the antagonist. But only to help support what my username is. DISOBEY!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Trolling/spamming has no ethics.

I'm not a "troll." And from what I have found, speaking the truth is considered to be "spamming." That viewpoint is just plain wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm not a "troll." And from what I have found, speaking the truth is considered to be "spamming." That viewpoint is just plain wrong.
    I did not accuse you of being a troll. I commented on the thread title.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The thing about quotes like that is, people never think it applies to them.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

21. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes fj1200 liked this post