Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
The Von Ribbentrop Pact was a nonaggression agreement between Hitler and Stalin. Had not Hitler invaded Russia, Stalin was more than happy to divide Eastern Europe with Hitler. It was not until Hitler invaded Russia that Russia entered the war. It was not until Hitler declared war on the US after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor then declared war that the US declared war on Germany.

The Allies were more than fine with throwing some supplies at Stalin so he'd throw bodies at Hitler while they played catch-up like they think they're going to do next time based on current preparations. Churchill hated Stalin. Since Stalin was in it thanks to Hitler whether or not he wanted to be, might as well use him.

Your version of events is not just incorrect, but fabricated.

History is written by the victors. That doesn't make it correct. Russia was told in advance that Germany was going to invade Poland. It wouldn't surprise me if they planned on doing it together. And that Russia held back to make sure that Hitler took the fall for it. There has been much talk of what a warmonger Hitler was. Such as his previous "invasion" of Czechoslovakia. But after WW I, Germany lost much territory. In both Poland and what was to become Czechoslovakia. Which had a sizable German population. In both cases, it isn't as if Hitler just invaded some country that otherwise they had nothing to do with. He went into countries that already had a sizable German population. You know, Germany didn't start WW I. They just got sucked into it like everybody else. They were just painted as the bad guys because they happened to be the biggest opponents. After the war, they not only had to give up much territory, but had to pay back a HUGE amount of money for reparations for a war they didn't start. Germany finally paid off its reparations in 2010.

Now Hitler wasn't perfect. His declaring war on the U.S. in support of the Japanese was the biggest mistake he made. Though they fought, I don't think Japan ever officially declared war on Russia. Also, I had read elsewhere that Roosevelt was in talks with Russia too. The Russians knew that if they went to war with Germany, they would receive much help from the U.S. You also brought up Germany invading Russia. Hitler wasn't that stupid. He knew that would mean having enemies on both sides. He invaded Russia because he found out that Russia was about to invade them. That could be why at first, Germany kicked ass. Because Russian forces were arrayed for attack. Not defense. According to one historian I was reading about, he said that Germany beat Russia to the punch by only one day.

There was a book written on the matter that was supposedly "debunked" by history written by the victors spin doctors. The book was written by an actual Russian Military Intelligence officer who had defected to the West named Vladmir Rezun. Under the pseudonym Viktor Suvorov. The book was called, "Icebreaker: Who Started The Second World War." I will show you a chart that shows how the German and Russian forces stacked up against each other before they went to war with each other. The Russians clearly had an advantage. Germany had no choice but to attack first and get the drop on the Russians.

Germany vs Russia 2.jpg