Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Now this one stings

So, I make my own butter. Then I make my own brownies. 'nuff said.

Well this time, melted my butter for the recipe and got all the ingredients in the bowl and eggs/water at the ready. Took butter off the stove and onto counter. Cracked eggs and added the 3Tbs of water. Went to put the butter in and dropped it on the kitchen floor.

That hurt me more than the roof and basement.

It's legal, so shut up Gunny!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Well this time, melted my butter for the recipe and got all the ingredients in the bowl and eggs/water at the ready. Took butter off the stove and onto counter. Cracked eggs and added the 3Tbs of water. Went to put the butter in and dropped it on the kitchen floor.

How are you making butter? Kitchenaid?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

How are you making butter? Kitchenaid?
    Nope, an "alpha420" in which you first add your "herbs and spices" for an hour at 200 degrees. Then add melted butter, I use the good stuff with the highest fat percentage. Melt that, then add into the machine with your stuff. Now run for another 2 hours at 180 and it will "infuse" the stuff into the butter. When done, run through cheesecloth into a measuring cup. Let harden overnight, or if desperate at least 2 hours in the fridge. Now use finished butter to make your brownies! Wait 30 mins and then take out onto rack for at least an hour. Then enjoy and hope you don't end up on the couch for 2 days. I make my extra strong.

Glad ya asked?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Now you need some funny brownies.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Mutilating brownies of any sort is a capitol offense
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Nope, an "alpha420" in which you first add your "herbs and spices" for an hour at 200 degrees. Then add melted butter, I use the good stuff with the highest fat percentage. Melt that, then add into the machine with your stuff. Now run for another 2 hours at 180 and it will "infuse" the stuff into the butter. When done, run through cheesecloth into a measuring cup. Let harden overnight, or if desperate at least 2 hours in the fridge. Now use finished butter to make your brownies! Wait 30 mins and then take out onto rack for at least an hour. Then enjoy and hope you don't end up on the couch for 2 days. I make my extra strong.

Glad ya asked?
    Oh. "Those" kind of brownies. Even worse.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Oh yeah I get it now. Missed the 'nuff said

14. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Exactly! Even worse for me, wasted all that time and dough. I thought about sponging it up and squeezing it into the mix but that's kinda gross. So even though my heart was breaking I cleaned it properly so that the kitty didn't lick any up and up in the stratosphere.

Oh, and bite me, I knew that's not what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Oh yeah I get it now. Missed the 'nuff said
    Tried to explain and put it in a way that was obvious but not obvious. But I thought the nuff said and puffing smilies would add the last ooomph. Definitely know that Kath didn't know. She was ready to break out her kitchenaid and make her some butter until she read my silly ass.

Don't judge me, it's legal. And if you judge me, let it be know and let it be heard, I don't care.

16. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Exactly! Even worse for me, wasted all that time and dough. I thought about sponging it up and squeezing it into the mix but that's kinda gross. So even though my heart was breaking I cleaned it properly so that the kitty didn't lick any up and up in the stratosphere.

Tried to explain and put it in a way that was obvious but not obvious. But I thought the nuff said and puffing smilies would add the last ooomph. Definitely know that Kath didn't know. She was ready to break out her kitchenaid and make her some butter until she read my silly ass.

Don't judge me, it's legal. And if you judge me, let it be know and let it be heard, I don't care.
    Never tried the brownies. I've had gummies and they make me paranoid.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And for fucks sake you deserve some weed

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Never tried the brownies. I've had gummies and they make me paranoid.
    Gummies and other candies are generally 10mg which is the legal limit. NOT proud to say that they have no effect on me. Which is why I started making the butter, which can go in any recipe that calls for it. My brownies are like 180mg per brownie.

And for fucks sake you deserve some weed
    See? That's what I'm saying. Also told my wife I need a vacation in Alaska for a week or 2, and that she deserves to come as well. She didn't say no, but she also ignored me, so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Gummies and other candies are generally 10mg which is the legal limit. NOT proud to say that they have no effect on me. Which is why I started making the butter, which can go in any recipe that calls for it. My brownies are like 180mg per brownie.

See? That's what I'm saying. Also told my wife I need a vacation in Alaska for a week or 2, and that she deserves to come as well. She didn't say no, but she also ignored me, so.
    The "butter" is the weed? I am so 1970s

23. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The "butter" is the weed? I am so 1970s
    The weed gets extracted and the butter eats all the active ingredients. They call it infusion. The butter turns green of course, and you drain and toss away all the weed. Make butter and voila! Tastes a little funky but I personally like it.

They made them in the 70's too but used the 'ol double boiler method and much more time on their hands. Gotta let the butter simmer for hours when you mix together on a low temperature for a very long time - and adding water every now and again as it will evaporate supposedly.

Just in case you wanted to indulge yourself.

25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The weed gets extracted and the butter eats all the active ingredients. They call it infusion. The butter turns green of course, and you drain and toss away all the weed. Make butter and voila! Tastes a little funky but I personally like it.

They made them in the 70's too but used the 'ol double boiler method and much more time on their hands. Gotta let the butter simmer for hours when you mix together on a low temperature for a very long time - and adding water every now and again as it will evaporate supposedly.

Just in case you wanted to indulge yourself.
    I thought I was advanced when I went from Zig Zags to a bong

That all sound like too much work

27. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I thought I was advanced when I went from Zig Zags to a bong

That all sound like too much work
    It is a lot of work, but not like bongs went away either ya know. Just that if you smoke out of a bong, you may then proceed to cough your guts away for a few minutes. Then your eyes instantly turn redder than an apple. Has its time and place though. I don't own one of those things anyway.

But this guy does, and he's funny as hell.

29. Thanks Gunny thanked this post