Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

What should be of more concern for these dumbasses is all those hostages they took. If anyone recalls how Israel deals with hostage situation, see Entebbe, 1976. The didn't deal. They went and got them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What should be of more concern for these dumbasses is all those hostages they took. If anyone recalls how Israel deals with hostage situation, see Entebbe, 1976. The didn't deal. They went and got them.
    With bibi there is hope they deal with it the same way.

4. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Thank God Bibi is PM.
    My friend's response:

No shit! I guess this happens when Iran knows they've got $ 8B coming from us and our idiot president never even invites Bibi to the Whitehouse. The real question now is how long before Biden decides it's okay to stop pretending and goes back to fucking Israel.

6. Thanks Kathianne, NightTrain, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I went and read up some on that and saw that it was Netanyahu's older brother who was the only one who died in that situation. Looks like 5 Israeli soldiers were injured and 1 death. That death was his older brother and apparently they retroactively renamed that event from "Operation Entebbe" to "Operation Thunderbird" and ultimately to "Operation Yonatan" as his brother was Yonatan Netanyahu.

I never knew about that story. That was an interesting read and amazing what the commandos did there. Gotta wonder how much this operation influenced the future and career of Benjamin? Also glad they renamed it in his honor. History will always remember him as a result.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I went and read up some on that and saw that it was Netanyahu's older brother who was the only one who died in that situation. Looks like 5 Israeli soldiers were injured and 1 death. That death was his older brother and apparently they retroactively renamed that event from "Operation Entebbe" to "Operation Thunderbird" and ultimately to "Operation Yonatan" as his brother was Yonatan Netanyahu.

I never knew about that story. That was an interesting read and amazing what the commandos did there. Gotta wonder how much this operation influenced the future and career of Benjamin? Also glad they renamed it in his honor. History will always remember him as a result.
    I'm guessing we are going to see some of the 'paving' spoken of earlier and rescue attempts too. They need to knock this out before Hezbollah can join forces and move so many more Iranian provided munitions in-already working on.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Yep, there's going to be some ass kicking going down.

Update 3:52 PM Eastern

It's a near certainty that what's to come will be an IDF operation unlike any we have seen before. The messaging from Israel's top leadership is supporting that conjecture.

Israel's Minister of Defense, Yoav Gallant, made it very clear that the IDF's goal in terms of a response campaign will be far less restrained as they had been in the past. The objective will be to shatter Hamas permanently as a major threat emanating from Gaza:

"Today we saw the face of evil. The Hamas [terrorist organization] has launched a brutal attack against the citizens of the State of Israel - attacking men, women, children and the elderly, indiscriminately. Hamas will understand very quickly that it has made a mistake - a grave mistake, and will pay a [heavy] price. Fifteen years ago, as Head of the Southern Command, I came close to 'breaking the neck' [destroying] of Hamas. I was stopped by the political echelon. This phenomenon will not continue. We will change reality on the ground in Gaza for the next 50 years. What was before, will be no more. We will operate at full force. I ask Israel's citizens to remain determined and to support our security forces.”

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...tack-on-israel
    Last edited by NightTrain; 10-07-2023 at 04:39 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm sure mossad and the government knows an awful lot about the enemy. Go in and take them out. Permanently. Take out anyone who interferes. The response SHOULD BE very heavy and very swift IMO.

I love this part:

"We will change reality on the ground in Gaza for the next 50 years. What was before, will be no more. We will operate at full force."
    Someone there in Israel thinks just like I do.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Appears that onslaught is occurring right as we type. Tower blocks going down and all. I hope they just continue pounding them and of course starting with all known locations of Hamas. Netanyahu promising "mighty vengeance".

Hopefully the ground assault has long started too as I'm confident the hostages would have been a primary goal. Or they think they're dead. Bring 'em out if humanly possible but Hamas and much more needs to be decimated.

Over the years my sympathy for any "innocent" folks there has severely decreased. They want to support hamas and leave them in charge of crap, well, fu*&* them too.

15. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Appears that onslaught is occurring right as we type. Tower blocks going down and all. I hope they just continue pounding them and of course starting with all known locations of Hamas. Netanyahu promising "mighty vengeance".

Hopefully the ground assault has long started too as I'm confident the hostages would have been a primary goal. Or they think they're dead. Bring 'em out if humanly possible but Hamas and much more needs to be decimated.

Over the years my sympathy for any "innocent" folks there has severely decreased. They want to support hamas and leave them in charge of crap, well, fu*&* them too.
    I'm afraid they'll kill the hostages and post videos of the killings online.

17. Thanks Kathianne, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I heard an idiot on CNN say. "The problem will be Israel's response..." f that! The problem is Iran backed proxies. F proportional, go for scorched earth.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 10-07-2023 at 05:31 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

19. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I'm afraid they'll kill the hostages and post videos of the killings online.
    Saw a couple on Twitter already. They took a younger Israeli woman and desecrated her.

Netanyahu further stated "the enemy will pay a price he has never known", and I couldn't happen to a better bunch of folks.

I haven't fully read the thread yet but a decent amount, forgive me if I am rehashing anything already posted.

I'm going to enjoy watching the missiles hit the strip. About time they get a bit of that shock and awe. And for the scumbags still infiltrating Israeli cities, surround them and catch them alive if possible, even if a limb or 2 is missing, and strip their skins with a filet knife and then toss some salt on them.

21. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond, NightTrain, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I hears an idiot on CNN say. "The problem will be Israel's response..." f that! The problem is Iran backed proxies. F proportional, go for scorched earth.
    The UN is calling for cease fire in Gaza. Fu*k them too.

23. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

300 dead and 1600 wounded and men are still inside Israel.

If thousand of rockets made their way into Israel, where was the iron dome? Why don't I see any footage of the dome protecting them from incoming like I have seen in the past?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

If thousand of rockets made their way into Israel, where was the iron dome? Why don't I see any footage of the dome protecting them from incoming like I have seen in the past?
    I'm reading that Iron Dome prevented the vast majority from getting through. Iran has provided much better missiles than in past, but the major damage came from the people that came into Israel from Gaza and paragliders.

26. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-gaza-n2629510

Here's Netanyahu's Warning to Palestinian Civilians in GazaMatt Vespa

|
    October 07, 2023 5:30 PM

AP Photo/Hatem Moussa
    A new war between Hamas and Israel erupted in the early morning when thousands of rockets were fired into the southern part of the country. Israel’s Iron Dome was able to neutralize most of the projectiles, but terrorist operatives were able to infiltrate Israeli territory. There are reports of killings and kidnappings; some images show a dead woman being paraded around and desecrated.

Israel is counterattacking, with hundreds of thousands of reservists being called up as the nation braces for a multi-front war. The level of sophistication regarding Hamas’ attack has captured the eye of national security experts who noted that Iran’s fingerprints being all over the equipment and training wouldn’t be a shocking development. Also, there are reports that Hamas terrorists paraglided into Israel. The death toll currently stands at 200 (via Fox News):

Israeli officials say that the death toll from Hamas’ Saturday attacks has risen to at least 200 people.

Israel declared war against Hamas after it was ambushed in a surprise mission during a major Jewish holiday, Simchat Torah. Israel responded by launching airstrikes in Gaza.

At least 1,100 people have been wounded, according to Israeli officials. Hamas soldiers also took civilians and soldiers captive in Gaza, but the exact number of hostages is unknown.

The Palestinian Health Ministry estimated that at least 198 people were killed in the Gaza Strip and that Israeli strikes wounded over 1,610 people.

The sophistication of Hamas’ attacks shocked Israel and the world. The Israeli military reports that Hamas has fired at least 3,500 rockets so far.

The rockets have also targeted central Israel – at least two people were injured by rocket attacks in Tel Aviv and a nearby town.

28. Thanks Gunny thanked this post