I wrote two threads about subjects like this. "History is for suckers" and "How you are (most likely) brainwashed." So it should be no surprise to anybody that America was deceived into thinking that the attack on Pearl Harbor was a surprise attack. And those who died there and in the war that followed were suckers. One and all! For any ex-military around here, that should especially make you very angry.

I looked quite a bit into the matter. There is no doubt that FDR knew quite well where the Japanese were going to attack and when. There are many websites that go into the matter. (And about an equal number that deny it) I will show you one of the ones that say the U.S. knew. But because FDR wanted war, it was kept secret. Here is the telling sentence for me in the article. It says, "By November 16, 1941 (Manila time) Leitwiler informed Parke that he was "reading enough current traffic to keep two translators very busy."

www.independent.org › issues › articlePearl Harbor Document: Letter from Leitweiler to Parke