Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Want to go there?

In case your informed self doesn't know what a "Gunny" is, it is a Gunnery Sergeant, USMC. I take offense to the existence of this thread which is why I avoided it until now, and your enlightened self doesn't have a damned clue what you are talking about.

When you walk a mile in my combat boots you feel free to tell me what we are and what we think. Otherwise, this thread is an insult to me and anyone else who ever put on the uniform of the US military, and especially those that died in the line of duty because they believed in something more than self.

I know what "Gunny" means. But you shouldn't be offended at me. You should be offended that U.S. Marines along with many other servicemen were needlessly sacrificed to get us involved in a war that there was no need for. Except maybe to get the U.S. out of the Great Depression. But even that isn't a good enough of a reason. Also, you were only sergeant. In post #13 I mentioned something said by a General in the U.S. Marine Corps. You should pay attention to what a superior officer had to say. It was a lesson not learned. The Korean War was a stalemate. We got our asses kicked in Vietnam. It was sheer stupidity that caused us to support the Afghans in their war against Russia. 9-11 PROVED that.

As for our war in Afghanistan, that shouldn't have happened either. We should have just bombed the hell out of the country and called it even. Instead, we ended up just arming the hell out of the Taliban with American weapons. Neither was there any reason for either war against Iraq. The second one was over a poison gas and nuclear issue that didn't exist. Gaining oil was the real reason for that war. Which didn't turn out very well. All the trillions of dollars spent and American lives wasted did was basically hand the country over to Iran and form ISIS. Those things should piss you off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disobey View Post
    I know what "Gunny" means. But you shouldn't be offended at me. You should be offended that U.S. Marines along with many other servicemen were needlessly sacrificed to get us involved in a war that there was no need for. Except maybe to get the U.S. out of the Great Depression. But even that isn't a good enough of a reason. Also, you were only sergeant. In post #13 I mentioned something said by a General in the U.S. Marine Corps. You should pay attention to what a superior officer had to say. It was a lesson not learned. The Korean War was a stalemate. We got our asses kicked in Vietnam. It was sheer stupidity that caused us to support the Afghans in their war against Russia. 9-11 PROVED that.

As for our war in Afghanistan, that shouldn't have happened either. We should have just bombed the hell out of the country and called it even. Instead, we ended up just arming the hell out of the Taliban with American weapons. Neither was there any reason for either war against Iraq. The second one was over a poison gas and nuclear issue that didn't exist. Gaining oil was the real reason for that war. Which didn't turn out very well. All the trillions of dollars spent and American lives wasted did was basically hand the country over to Iran and form ISIS. Those things should piss you off.
    Officers put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us.

Your opinions are noted. Perhaps you should try insulting those you feel are guilty of said alleged crimes instead of those who died in the line of duty trying to defend themselves and those around them.

If there are guilty parties you sure are doing them a service running deflection for them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    American country that has been made the bitch of latan america
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I've read all the stories. There is no hard evidence that proves the allegation. Even IF there was, it does not negate the courage and heroism of the Soldiers and Sailors that were killed and give you no license to piss on them.

Well, apparently you didn't read them well enough. I posted a link with hard evidence. Read it. If what was said by those involved with breaking the Japanese naval code isn't good enough for you, nothing will be. Neither am I saying anything personally against our servicemen who died at Pearl Harbor. It just turns out that our government turned them into suckers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Officers put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us.

Your opinions are noted. Perhaps you should try insulting those you feel are guilty of said alleged crimes instead of those who died in the line of duty trying to defend themselves and those around them.

If there are guilty parties you sure are doing them a service running deflection for them.

There is no better way to cast disrepute on those who caused the Pearl Harbor to happen than to call those who died because of it "suckers." And as you read, that sort of shit has been going on ever sense. I would speak about the many instances of it. But the truth just isn't allowed around here. Sooner or later I would just be branded as a "racist" and be banned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Want to go there?

In case your informed self doesn't know what a "Gunny" is, it is a Gunnery Sergeant, USMC. I take offense to the existence of this thread which is why I avoided it until now, and your enlightened self doesn't have a damned clue what you are talking about.

When you walk a mile in my combat boots you feel free to tell me what we are and what we think. Otherwise, this thread is an insult to me and anyone else who ever put on the uniform of the US military, and especially those that died in the line of duty because they believed in something more than self.
    Yeah I don't have a problem discussing whether FDR knew of the attack or not ( I don't think he did)
    But going after our boys. For fucks sake. Some of those kids are still entombed in the Arizona.

7. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Kathianne, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Want to go there?

I was married to a CSM for 20 years so I am just as offended.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

9. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Did you not read my thread? They were killed. NEEDLESSLY! That isn't an "ideology." It is a fact! Before Pearl Harbor, we were reading the Japanese naval code. And even if we weren't, (though we were) we would still have known what the Japanese were up to. Because the Japanese fleet wasn't maintaining radio silence. Through radio triangulation we knew exactly where the Japanese fleet was. And tracking it heading towards the Hawaiian Islands, even a fool would have been able to understand what they were up to. But this information was kept secret. Because FDR wanted war. He told the American public that he wouldn't send their sons to fight in a foreign war. Like we wrongly did in WW I. The best way to have war was to get the Japanese to start it. And if you can claim that it was a "sneak attack," all the better.

You need to understand a little better how our government works. There was a person named general Smedley Butler who knew. He used to be a general in the U.S. Marine Corps. Among other medals, he had received two Medals of Honor. This was a person to be taken seriously! I will show you part of something he wrote.

Attachment 14495
    You are still wrong in your assertion. Whether they lived or died they were not suckers. You are pathetic.

11. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

There is no better way to cast disrepute on those who caused the Pearl Harbor to happen than to call those who died because of it "suckers." And as you read, that sort of shit has been going on ever sense. I would speak about the many instances of it. But the truth just isn't allowed around here. Sooner or later I would just be branded as a "racist" and be banned.
    Not necessarily a racist ... just stupid.

13. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

If you believe that you've got some serious issues. Not sure what planet you're living on, but your statement is incorrect and achieves the exact opposite result you hope to achieve. It's nothing more than a cheap, disrespectful, sensationalist attempt to play on emotion. YOUR misuse of words angers people toward YOU, not who you are accusing.

Even if you had a message that hasn't already been beat to death and debunked, it's completely lost in your inability to articulate it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If you believe that you've got some serious issues. Not sure what planet you're living on, but your statement is incorrect and achieves the exact opposite result you hope to achieve. It's nothing more than a cheap, disrespectful, sensationalist attempt to play on emotion. YOUR misuse of words angers people toward YOU, not who you are accusing.

Even if you had a message that hasn't already been beat to death and debunked, it's completely lost in your inability to articulate it.

Maybe you need to read up on the matter more. Skip the websites that say that the attack on Pearl Harbor was a surprise attack and concentrate on those that say it wasn't. There is much you can learn. For example, there were two different congressional inquiries on the matter. One in the 40's and one in the 90's. In both instances, there were secret documents that congress just wasn't allowed to see. You think even congress can force the military to give out its secrets? It is the military that has the guns. Next, what would you call servicemen who were killed by the government they serve. Heroes? I think that sucker is a better term. Also, don't speak of what message I may have to tell. You have seen very little of it. And I probably wouldn't be allowed to speak it. I have been banned at other forums for doing so. And not because of my inability to articulate, but because I articulate too well. I can't be defeated in debate. Though I'm not always exactly right. I'm only right about 98% of the time. Which I think is pretty good.

Take the topic of advanced knowledge of the attack on Pearl Harbor. I don't think you want to believe that FDR had prior knowledge. I tried to convince you. But apparently it did no good. I will give a link to another website for you. But I doubt if you will read it.

thenewamerican.com › us › culturePearl Harbor: Hawaii Was Surprised; FDR Was Not - The New ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Maybe you need to read up on the matter more. Skip the websites that say that the attack on Pearl Harbor was a surprise attack and concentrate on those that say it wasn't. There is much you can learn. For example, there were two different congressional inquiries on the matter. One in the 40's and one in the 90's. In both instances, there were secret documents that congress just wasn't allowed to see. You think even congress can force the military to give out its secrets? It is the military that has the guns. Next, what would you call servicemen who were killed by the government they serve. Heroes? I think that sucker is a better term. Also, don't speak of what message I may have to tell. You have seen very little of it. And I probably wouldn't be allowed to speak it. I have been banned at other forums for doing so. And not because of my inability to articulate, but because I articulate too well. I can't be defeated in debate. Though I'm not always exactly right. I'm only right about 98% of the time. Which I think is pretty good.

Take the topic of advanced knowledge of the attack on Pearl Harbor. I don't think you want to believe that FDR had prior knowledge. I tried to convince you. But apparently it did no good. I will give a link to another website for you. But I doubt if you will read it.

thenewamerican.com › us › culturePearl Harbor: Hawaii Was Surprised; FDR Was Not - The New ...
    You have no idea what you are blathering on about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You have no idea what you are blathering on about.

Oh I have the idea. It is you who doesn't. Read the last link I posted. Enlighten yourself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I'm just imagining some recruit.

"Enlighten yourself, Gunnery Sergeant"