Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default About Hamas Beheading Babies

It's being reported from several outlets now:

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/10/...ar-aza-n583766

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I really hoped it was not true.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

4. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I really hoped it was not true.
    Me too, unfortunately it most certainly seems to be true. Indeed it seems to have been at the kibbutz where over 100 total were killed, it's horrifying, it starts with them shooting a dog.

Now the following is very disturbing, fair warning; however all day I was hearing 40 babies-that doesn't seem to be verified by eyewitnesses, so take that very much with salt.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sist...babies-n583772

When they butcher babiesBEEGE WELBORN 8:41 PM on October 10, 2023

When they butcher babies
    AP Photo/Fatima Shbair
    John thoroughly hit this earlier today, but I am compelled to add my ten cents.

There’s no death too excruciating and no fiery afterlife too horrible for the Hamas savages who did this.

Advertisement

It certainly would appear they DID do it.

For all the “fog of war” and excuse making crap people like this reporter for the LA Times started spinning with immediately.

The 24! reporter was right there WITH the military. She points out the reservists losing it behind her over what they’ve just seen, and those troops fought their way to the kibbutz. They’ve already killed terrorists, and they were still absolutely flattened by the carnage.

Hamas animals slaughtered families, and brutally murdered 40 small children, decapitating some babies in their cribs.

“It’s a massacre,” said the Israeli general, retired himself but who pulled on his gear and launched into the fight from his home.

Advertisement
    “It’s not a war. It’s not a battlefield. You see the babies…“

There’s a longer interview with him on CNN where he talks what they found when they fought their way to the kibbutz – the massacred residents, about “heads cut off.”

Israeli general describes moment the Israeli military found dead bodies in kibbutz attacked by Hamas

CNN’s Nick Robertson was right there as they were packing up the bodies, whatever Max Blumenthal might believe about the initial report,

And listening to the original report several times, the girl says “babies with their heads cut off.” This is true in every other report I’ve read, but NOWHERE did any of the news reports say “forty” babies were decapitated. It’s only in these careful-to-be-rationally-voice cool head Progressive characters online.

Who is trying to discount the atrocities committed by falsely inflating them? Is that the apologist strategy?

As much as the LA Times and Blumenthal want to discredit the story, the more it seems the evidence was piling up to confirm it, from what are known as “news sources” with “professional standards.”

Advertisement
    And, again, the word is “some” horrible mutilations – not the “forty” the fabulists are poo-pooing.

Aren’t “some” decapitations horrible enough after already slaughtering forty children?

The Daily Mail article is filled with pictures, videos. and horrific details.

Hamas terrorists massacred at least 40 babies and young children before beheading some of them and gunning down their families in a small kibbutz in Israel, horrified Israeli soldiers have claimed.

Some 70 Hamas terrorists wielding guns and grenades stormed the usually quiet Kfar Aza kibbutz in southern Israel, killing anyone – men, women and children – they saw.

The bullet-riddled bodies of Israeli residents now lay in the grounds of the kibbutz among burned out houses, strewn furniture and torched cars. Solemn Israeli soldiers today went from house to house to take away the scores of people massacred there.

…The Israeli soldiers were seen comforting each other after witnessing such horrors, including the bodies of entire families who were gunned down in their beds.

‘You see the babies, the mothers, the fathers, in their bedrooms, in their protection rooms and how the terrorist kills them. It’s not a war, it’s not a battlefield. It’s a massacre, it’s a terror activity,’ said Israeli Major General Itai Veruv from the horrific scene.

Advertisement
    All of the major news organizations are now reporting on the massacre, the beheadings, the wanton slaughter of farming families.

For God’s sake, isn’t “some” bestial savagery enough for these people to condemn the animals who perpetrated the butchery?

Shame on them.

That same LA Times “journalist” has now courageously closed the comments on his tweet so as not to engage with anyone nor be subjected to any more proof of the veracity of the initial report from the reporter on the scene. Or the numerous other reporters – from Sky News, CNN, Fox, etc – who made it there shortly in the aftermath.

As ever, the Leftists in the White House are all about saving babies.

With their peculiar brand of stepping in it, they offered soothing words of adult, international diplomacy wisdom: By all means, be mad about it, but don’t go crazy – be “proportional.”

No red lines.

You know, “proportionate” – kinda like skedaddling out of a country so fast you only leave SOME of your citizens behind, not ALL of them.

PROPORTIONATE

I’ve got news for POTATUS – Hamas drew those red lines – in blood.

Advertisement
    And then they slithered right over them like the low crawling vermin they are, on their way to wreak death and destruction, terror and tumult upon civilians in their beds – saving their worst savagery for the tiniest and most helpless.

“…So I ask you, how many murdered Jews does it take for you to support Israel’s right to self-defense?…”

The only proportion Israel should worry about is when the terrorist side of the equation dips into negative numbers.

That’ll come close to a correct equation.

But it won’t ever right the wrong.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks fj1200, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

But the Pali apologistas want you to focus on their civilian suffering. Because that's different
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

One more, today a pool of reporters went in, they were actually crying. 700 people originally lived on this Kibbutz, they've found many bodies, but I don't have exact count. Many were taken away:

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/10/...-there-n583976

Follow up on the massacre at kibbutz Kfar Aza (Were 40 babies killed there?) (Update: Biden)JOHN SEXTON 2:00 PM on October 11, 2023

Follow up on the massacre at kibbutz Kfar Aza (Were 40 babies killed there?) (Update: Biden)
    The current Israeli death toll is now 1,200 and an IDF spokesman made clear the total is not climbing because of ongoing fighting. On the contrary the numbers went from 700 to 900 and now to 1,200 as recovery crews have been able to go through places near the Gaza security fence which were hard hit in the initial attack. Simply put, they are finding hundreds more bodies of people who were killed over the weekend.

One of the worst massacres took place at Kibbutz Kfar Aza. When an IDF Major General saw what had happened there, he decided to call in the foreign media as witnesses, fearing that unless people saw what had happened no one would believe it.

He had arrived at Kfar Aza on Saturday to join the fighting. Now he said he had gathered the media to impress upon them the scale of the slaughter. “When I discovered what had happened here, I remembered how General Eisenhower, when the American army liberated concentration camps in Germany, immediately brought the media so the world would know.”

And as it turns out, a story emanating from Kfar Aza has become the most contested claim in the war so far. When I wrote about this yesterday, there were reports that as many as 40 babies/children had been killed in addition to an unknown number of adults. Authorities refused to say how many people had died in total but the death toll at a nearby kibbutz (Kibbutz Be’eri) passed 100 yesterday. The total population of kibbutz Kfar Aza was around 750 so a death of 100 people including 40 children was certainly possible.

But it was one additional detail which really caught people’s attention worldwide. Some of those 40 children and some of the adults had been beheaded by their attackers. Online there was quickly a game of telephone which resulted in some people claiming that Hamas had beheaded 40 babies while others denied there was any proof for this story at all. I saw people arguing back and forth about this all day long. One guy described the story as an example of “atrocity propaganda” designed to emotionally manipulate people into support for war.

To be clear, I think the atrocities we know Hamas committed over the weekend are more than enough. There are 1,200 people dead, most of them unarmed civilians. Whatever Israel does to eradicate Hamas, they surely have it coming. That said, I do want to know the truth about this story, especially since it is now one of the most widely spread stories about the conflict. What did happen at Kfar Aza?

Today there are several new reports. CNN says it also heard reports of women and children “butchered” but couldn’t independently confirm those claims.

In Kfar Aza, the Israel Defense Forces was going house to house, collecting the dead in body bags and loading them onto a truck. The IDF told CNN that women, children, toddlers and elderly were “brutally butchered in an ISIS way of action.”..

The IDF told CNN the killings at Kfar Aza amounted to a “massacre,” but said it could not confirm the number of people killed there and would not go into details how they died. CNN could not independently verify the IDF’s accounts of children being killed in the attack.

The London Times heard the same reports and even put those claims in the headline.

All day, military chaplains and search teams tenderly wrapped tiny bodies, carrying them to waiting stretchers that bore them away from the nightmare of Kfar Aza…

Every few minutes soldiers broke the silence to announce that more dead people had been discovered. Some said that up to 40 babies’ corpses had been found among entire families who were shot dead as they slept. The children in particular appeared to have suffered gruesome deaths: there were claims that some had had their throats cut.

“I’ve served as a combat soldier and officer for 39 years,” Major General Itai Veruv said as he stood with red-rimmed eyes at the entrance to the kibbutz. “I’ve never seen anything that comes close to this. It’s not even something that our parents knew. This is something out of the world of our grandfathers back in Europe, from the pogroms and the Holocaust.”

CBS News also has a report which identifies specific individuals who told reporters what they saw. In a video report, CBS anchor Norah O’Donnell noted these claims stemmed not only from named sources within the IDF (Maj. Libby Weiss) but also from named sources at the separate organization which recovers bodies (Yossi Landau).

Israeli emergency responders with years of experience doing the grim work of recovering bodies broke down in tears Wednesday as they told CBS News what they’d witnessed in the aftermath of Hamas’ brutal terror attack on Israel. The depth of the horror unleashed by Hamas Saturday on Israeli communities near the border with the Gaza Strip was still emerging five days later.

After finally wresting back control of the small farming community of the Kfar Aza kibbutz, Israeli security forces discovered the aftermath of what a military spokesperson said could only be described as “a massacre.”…

“We see blood spread out in homes. We’ve found bodies of people who have been butchered,” said Israel Defense Forces spokesperson Maj. Libby Weiss. “The depravity of it is haunting.”

Weiss told CBS News that more than one of the Israeli soldiers who first reached Kfar Aza reported finding “beheaded children of varying ages, ranging from babies to slightly older children,” along with adults who had also been dismembered.

Yossi Landau, the head of operations for the southern region of Zaka, Israel’s volunteer civilian emergency response organization, told CBS News he saw with his own eyes children and babies who had been beheaded.

Insider has a report in which it pushed for more information on who was beheaded in the attack and the military contact simply refused saying the IDF would not go into more detail.

The spokesperson, Major Nir Dinar, was responding to widespread criticism that the IDF had spread a sickening claim about its enemies without demonstrating that it was true.

On Tuesday, Dinar told Insider that babies’ bodies had been found at the Kfar Aza kibbutz, and that some had been decapitated…

On Wednesday, Insider approached Dinar again to ask if the claim would be fully investigated to provide details of the numbers and their manner of death.

He responded by saying: “We’re not going to investigate the condition of bodies and even if we did we won’t comment publicly about the condition of our civilians’ bodies. And babies.”…

He said the claim of decapitated babies was made based on what soldiers on the ground had relayed to him and others in the military.

This strikes me as a mistake. Granted the military does want to be respectful of the dead but this story has blown up so quickly and is getting so much push back that it’s important to get to the truth of it. That was the reason reporters were brought to Kfar Aza in the first place, i.e. so they could be witnesses. So let them be witnesses. Better to get the facts out now than to refuse to confirm any details. By doing that you are only giving credence to those who say the stories coming out of Kfar Aza can’t be trusted.

Here’s a version of the CBS News report on Kfar Aza minus Norah O’Donnell.

If a story is going to be used in questions like this (below) it should be confirmed. Still, Rep. Tlaib ought to be able to offer some statement of sympathy for Israelis killed over the weekend.

Update: Joe Biden brought this topic up this afternoon. The way he says this is not very clear, unfortunately.

“I never really thought that I would see—have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children,” he said. Did he see those pictures. It sounds like he started to say that and then corrected himself. Maybe he didn’t see but only had it confirmed. Was it confirmed privately in some briefing or is he relying on the same open source info the rest of us can see. Again, it’s not clear so I don’t think this settles the issue. God knows I don’t want to see any such photos if they exist but I think we do need someone to confirm this information once and for all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Last one, I really hope. Truth is, since @revelarts suggested that the media may have manufactured most of this, I feel we need to see it. I have held the same about 9/11, the edited versions do not pass muster. 'Never forget,' doesn't work when the reminders are less than stark. Go to link to see video and pictures:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/10/middl...ntl/index.html

Children found ‘butchered’ in Israeli kibbutz, IDF says, as horror of Hamas’ attacks near border begins to emergeBy Muhammad Darwish, Nic Robertson, Artemis Moshtaghian, Amir Tal, Ivana Kottasová and Sana Noor Haq, CNN
    8 minute read
    Updated 3:20 PM EDT, Wed October 11, 2023

Kfar Aza, Israel
    CNN

Bodies of Israeli residents and Hamas attackers lay outside burned-out homes in the Israeli kibbutz Kfar Aza on Tuesday, days after the Palestinian militant group launched a large-scale surprise assault on Israel.

Hamas sent waves of heavily armed fighters pouring across the border from Gaza and rampaging through rural communities – Israel said it found 1,500 bodies of militants in the aftermath of the assault.

Houses in Kfar Aza were ransacked and set ablaze. Overturned mattresses, destroyed furniture, broken trinkets and unexploded grenades lay strewn across the grounds, along with bodies – a window into the scale of devastation wrought by Hamas in this area.

“I’ve never seen anything like this in my career, never in 40 years of service this something I never imagined,” Maj. Gen. Itai Veruv told CNN on Tuesday, just a few hours after Israeli troops secured the kibbutz from Hamas assailants.

In Kfar Aza, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) was going house to house, collecting the dead in body bags and loading them onto a truck. The IDF told CNN that women, children, toddlers and elderly were “brutally butchered in an ISIS way of action.”

Hamas has denied that its militants beheaded children or attacked women. The militant group’s spokesman and senior official Izzat al-Risheq on Wednesday described the accusation as “fabricated and baseless allegations.”

Kfar Aza is one of the several kibbutzim, small farming enclaves, that bore the brunt of Hamas’ ground assault on Saturday. A number of kibbutzim and towns were targeted, including Kfar Aza, Be’eri, Ofakim, Sderot, Yad Mordechai, Yated, Kissufim and Urim. Revelers at a music festival held in the desert outside of Be’eri were also gunned down and taken hostage.

People take cover in a bomb shelter in Rishon Lezion, Israel, as rockets are launched from Gaza on October 7.

Rockets are fired toward Israel from Gaza on October 7.

People carry bodies of Palestinians killed during an Israeli airstrike prior to their burial in Khan Younis, Gaza, on Wednesday, October 11.

People carry bodies of Palestinians killed during an Israeli airstrike prior to their burial in Khan Younis, Gaza, on Wednesday, October 11.

Abed Rahim Khatib/Picture-Alliance/Getty Images

An aerial view of buildings destroyed by Israeli airstrikes at the Jabalia refugee camp in Gaza City on October 11.

Mourners react beside the body of Mapal Adam during her funeral in Tel Aviv, Israel, on October 11.

Palestinians run from Israeli airstrikes in Khan Younis, Gaza, on October 11.

Israeli soldiers load donated food into the back of a military vehicle in Sderot, Israel, on October 11.

Bullet holes are seen in a cracked window at the entrance of a kindergarten in Be'eri, Israel, on October 11. The self-sustaining farming community near Gaza was <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/10/middleeast/israel-beeri-bodies-found-idf-intl-hnk/index.html" target="_blank">one of the first places targeted by Hamas militants</a> on October 7.

A mourner reacts while burying a child from the al-Agha family, who were killed in Israeli strikes in Khan Younis, Gaza, on October 11.
    Israeli soldiers fire artillery towards Gaza in Netivot, Israel, on October 11.

Itzik and Miriam Shafir, center, mourn during their son's funeral at a cemetery in Modiin Maccabim, Israel, on Wednesday, October 11.
    Their son, Dor Shafir, and his girlfriend, Savion Kiper, were killed during <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/07/middleeast/israel-gaza-fighting-hamas-attack-music-festival-intl-hnk/index.html" target="_blank">Hamas' attack on a music festival</a> on Saturday.

A boy carries salvaged belongings from the wreckage of his family's home in Khan Younis, Gaza, on October 11.

Smoke rises after Israeli strikes on the seaport of Gaza City on Tuesday, October 10.

Israeli soldiers carry a body on October 10 in Kfar Aza, a village in Israel just across the border from Gaza. Hamas militants carried out a "massacre" in Kfar Aza during their attacks over the weekend, <a href="https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-10-10-23/h_7867b7563e54a0b29dddeada7e4c2722" target="_blank">the Israel Defense Forces told CNN</a>.
    Palestinians mourn during the funeral of a relative killed in an Israeli strike, in Gaza City on October 10.

People mourn at the grave of Eden Guez during her funeral in Ashkelon, Israel, on October 10. She was killed as she attended a music festival that was <a href="https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/07/middleeast/israel-gaza-fighting-hamas-attack-music-festival-intl-hnk/index.html" target="_blank">attacked by terrorists from Gaza</a>. Israeli officials counted at least 260 bodies at the Nova Festival.
    Israeli soldiers take position in Kfar Aza near the border with Gaza on October 10.

Palestinians rescue a young girl from the rubble of a destroyed residential building following an Israeli airstrike on October 10.

Stranded travelers wait to be booked on a flight at Ben Gurion International Airport outside Tel Aviv on October 10.

Palestinians walk amid the rubble following Israeli airstrikes in Gaza City on October 10.

Israelis in Ashkelon take cover in a shelter as a siren sounds a warning of incoming rockets on October 10.

People gather around the bodies of two Palestinian reporters, Mohammed Soboh and Said al-Tawil, who were killed by an Israeli airstrike in Gaza City on October 10.

Israelis mourn as they attend the funeral of Israel Defense Forces soldier Noam Elimeleh Rothenberg at Mount Herzel Cemetery in Jerusalem, on October 10.

A Palestinian man reacts as he carries the body of his cousin who was pulled from the rubble after Israeli airstrikes in Gaza City on Monday, October 9.

A family takes shelter at a neighbor's house after their home was damaged in an Israeli airstrike in the Shati refugee camp in Gaza on October 9.
    Children run for cover as bombs fall near the Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City on October 9.

A photo from a wedding is seen on the ground of a building in Ashkelon that was hit by rockets from Gaza on October 9.

People take shelter in Jerusalem on October 9.

The ruins of the Yassin mosque are seen in the Shati refugee camp just outside Gaza City on October 9.

Friends and relatives of Ilai Bar Sade mourn next to his grave during his funeral at a military cemetery in Tel Aviv, Israel, on October 9.

Six-month-old Sama Alwadia is rescued from the rubble in Gaza City on October 9. Though the child had survived the initial strike, she died later while being treated for her injuries.

Lightning strikes over Gaza City following an Israeli bombardment on October 9.

Israeli soldiers take position near the border between Gaza and Israel on October 9.

A Palestinian man mourns over the body of his nephew killed in an Israeli airstrike in Gaza City on October 9.

Israeli security and emergency officials respond after a rocket landed in the Israeli settlement of Beitar Ilit, in the occupied West Bank, on October 9.

Palestinians inspect the damage following an Israeli airstrike on the Sousi mosque in Gaza City on October 9.

Israeli soldiers work on a tank at the border between Israel and Gaza on October 9.

Palestinians remove a body from the rubble of a building after an Israeli airstrike on the Jebaliya refugee camp in Gaza on October 9.

A plume of smoke rises in the sky over Gaza City during an Israeli airstrike on October 9.

The mother of Israeli Col. Roi Levy cries during her son's funeral at the Mount Herzl cemetery in Jerusalem on October 9.

Palestinians inspect damage from Israeli airstrikes in Gaza City's Shati refugee camp on October 9.

An injured Palestinian child is pictured in the aftermath of Israeli airstrikes at al-Shati refugee camp in Gaza on October 9.

Israelis view a damaged residential building in Ashkelon after it was hit by a rocket fired from Gaza on October 9.

Tali Touito reacts as she describes how Hamas gunmen attacked and took over the police station on her street, in Sderot, Israel, on Sunday, October 8.

Fire and smoke rise from Gaza City following an Israeli airstrike on October 8.

A relative of an Israeli missing since the attacks is overcome by emotion during a press conference in Ramat Gan, Israel, on October 8.

Palestinians inspect a mosque destroyed by Israeli airstrikes in Khan Younis, Gaza, on October 8.

An Israeli soldier prays standing in front of a tank on the outskirts of the northern town of Kiryat Shmona on October 8.

Israelis inspect the rubble of a building in Tel Aviv on October 8, a day after it was hit by a rocket fired from Gaza.
    Israel's Iron Dome anti-missile system intercepts rockets launched from Gaza on October 8.

Palestinians search the rubble of a home in Khan Younis that was destroyed by Israeli airstrikes on October 8.

Palestinian citizens inspect damage to their homes caused by Israeli airstrikes in Gaza City on October 8.

Rockets launched from Gaza are intercepted by Israel's Iron Dome anti-missile system on October 8.

Palestinian children look toward the sky at the sound of airstrikes at a United Nations-run school in Gaza on Saturday, October 7.

A woman runs to her family's reinforced concrete shelter moments after rocket sirens sounded in Ashkelon on October 7.

From the window of his family's apartment, a man surveys damage from a rocket that struck a parking lot in Ashkelon on October 7.

Palestinians gather around an Israeli army vehicle that Palestinian militants drove from Israel into Gaza on October 7.

Palestinians break into the Israeli side of the Israel-Gaza border, after gunmen infiltrated parts of southern Israel on October 7.

Police officers evacuate a woman and a child from a site hit by a rocket in Ashkelon on October 7.

Israeli police take cover in Ashkelon as sirens wail while rockets are fired from Gaza into Israel on October 7.

Smoke rises over Gaza during Israeli airstrikes on October 7.

An Israeli woman reacts over the body of her relative who was killed in the southern Israeli city of Sderot on October 7.

Children are seen in a damaged house in Gaza after Israeli airstrikes on October 7.

Vehicles in Ashkelon burn as rockets are launched from Gaza on October 7.

A man in Ashkelon runs after rockets were launched from Gaza on October 7.

Israelis donate blood in Jerusalem on October 7.

Palestinians inspect a destroyed building as emergency responders try to contain fires after Israeli jets bombed Gaza on October 7.

Outside of a hospital in Gaza, men sit next to the covered body of a Palestinian militant killed during Saturday's clashes.
    Relatives of Palestinians killed on Saturday, October 7, mourn at the morgue of a hospital in Gaza.

An Israeli soldier stands by the bodies of Israelis killed by Palestinian militants in Sderot on October 7.

A woman stands in a room damaged by rockets in Ashkelon on October 7.

A building in Tel Aviv is ablaze Saturday, October 7, following rocket attacks from Gaza.

Smoke rises as the clashes between Palestinian groups and Israeli forces continue on the streets of Beit Hanun in Gaza on October 7.

People take cover in a bomb shelter in Rishon Lezion, Israel, as rockets are launched from Gaza on October 7.

Rockets are fired toward Israel from Gaza on October 7.

An aerial view of buildings destroyed by Israeli airstrikes at the Jabalia refugee camp in Gaza City on October 11.

In pictures: The deadly clashes in Israel and Gaza
    1 of 73

PrevNext
    At least 1,200 people have died in Israel since the conflict erupted, IDF spokesperson Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said in an update on Wednesday.

Israel has retaliated by pounding Gaza with a relentless aerial campaign that has flattened homes, schools, medical institutions and government buildings in the besieged strip.

The death toll in Gaza has risen to 1,055, with a further 5,184 people injured, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.

See the devastation in Gaza after Israeli strikes

02:16 - Source: CNN
    ‘Massacre’ in Kfar Aza

The kibbutzim go back to the time of the founding of Israel, when small groups of people set up communities based on the idea of communal living. About 125,000 people live across approximately 250 kibbutzim in Israel, according to the Jewish Agency for Israel. For many, they were symbols of good life and safety.

What happened at the weekend destroyed that idyll.

Babies and toddlers were found “decapitated” in Kfar Aza, Tal Heinrich, a spokesperson for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said Wednesday. CNN could not independently verify that report, and Hamas said media reports about attacking children were false.

This comes after the IDF told CNN Tuesday that the killings at Kfar Aza amounted to a “massacre.”

Maj. Gen. Veruv said his soldiers spent “about 48 hours” fighting “waves and waves of terrorists” on roads and in neighboring communities. He said he had started fighting militants in the Yakhini moshav (community) on Saturday, moving then “from battle to battle,” on the road to Sderot, before reaaching the Be’eri kibbutz on Monday evening.

“I saw hundreds of terrorists in full armor, full gear, with all the equipment and all the ability to make a massacre, go from apartment to apartment, from room to room and kill babies, mothers, fathers in their bedrooms,” Veruv said.

A covered body is seen lying on the ground in Kfar Aza.
    Muhammad Darwish/CNN

Veruv said he had been retired from the IDF for eight years before rushing to join the counter-offensive efforts on Saturday morning, but nothing could have prepared him for what he saw.

“I have heard during my childhood about the pogroms in Europe, the Holocaust, of course. All my family came from Europe, they are survivors. But I never thought I would see…things like that,” he said about the scene in Kfar Aza.

Be’eri
    More than 100 bodies were found in Be’eri on Monday. Civilians were killed and taken hostage in the kibbutz, which is home to about 1,000 residents, according to Israeli authorities and videos obtained and authenticated by CNN.

Heavily armed militants arrived in Be’eri on motorbikes around 7 a.m., just half an hour after they breached the typically high-tech, tightly guarded border fence between Gaza and Israel, videos show.

A screenshot from a video, geolocated by CNN, shows six Hamas militants arriving at Be'eri on Saturday morning local time.
    Obtained by CNN
    A bloodbath followed.

Footage shows militants pulling three bodies out of a car, before stealing the vehicle and driving north. The video, which first surfaced on Telegram, was taken by a surveillance camera in Be’eri. CNN has geolocated the video to an intersection in the northeastern part of the kibbutz.

Another video shows armed militants taking five Israeli civilians captive, with the bodies of four later seen lying on the ground nearby in another video verified by CNN.

Be'eri Israel MAP
    More than 100 bodies found in Israeli kibbutz Be'eri after Hamas attack
    Terrified residents told Israel’s Channel 12 television station that assailants went door to door, trying to break into their homes.

Of at least 107 bodies discovered in the aftermath, most were of local residents of the kibbutz, though some were of Israeli security forces, a search and rescue spokesperson told CNN.

The IDF acknowledged on Monday that Be’eri was “very badly hit.”

“We thought we would need more rooms (to house the evacuees). We didn’t need all the rooms,” said IDF spokesperson Lt. Col. Richard Hecht.

The attack on Be’eri came around the same time as Hamas militants descended upon a music festival, known as Nova, just three miles south, shooting revelers at point-blank range and looting their belongings.

More than 260 bodies were later found at the festival site, with many attendees believed to have been captured and brought to Gaza, sparking a desperate search by family members and foreign governments.

Urim
    In Urim, a kibbutz 10 miles south of Be’eri, residents awoke at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday to the sound of sirens and rushed to above-ground bomb shelters. The routine reaction to incoming rocket fire soon became more concerning, as the sirens continued sounding throughout the morning and they went in and out of hiding.

Members of the community, which is not far from where militants rampaged the Nova music festival, began to see reports of Hamas attacks on kibbutzim and towns near the border.

Wayne Lucas, a Virginia native who serves as a “lone soldier” in the IDF and lives in Urim, said that he spoke to several friends “who were hiding in their houses from the terrorists,” and, as the day progressed, he heard of attacks closer to home.

“We learned that someone from our kibbutz who I know very well, whose family also hosts lone soldiers was shot at the junction outside our kibbutz near the gas station. Luckily, he was only shot in the hand,” he told CNN.

TOPSHOT - Palestinians inspect the destruction around Ahmed Yassin mosque, which was levelled by Israeli airstrikes, in Gaza City early on October 9, 2023. Israel relentlessly pounded the Gaza Strip overnight and into October 9 as fighting with Hamas continued around the Gaza Strip, as the death toll from the war against the Palestinian militants surged above 1,100. (Photo by MOHAMMED ABED / AFP) (Photo by MOHAMMED ABED/AFP via Getty Images)

Before and after images show Gaza mosque devastation

There are over 7,000 lone soldiers currently serving in the IDF, according to the Lone Soldier Center, many new immigrants or volunteers from Jewish communities abroad.

On Sunday, after a restless night, residents in Urim heard gunshots close by.

“Shortly after 1:30 in the afternoon, we heard gunshots coming from inside the kibbutz. We all dropped everything. We ran as fast as we could to the shelters. We locked the doors, and we were barricading ourselves inside. People had knives and random things to use as weapons,” Lucas said.

All Israeli buildings erected after 1993 are required to have bomb shelters – reinforced rooms with concrete walls and heavy steel doors. But these safe rooms are designed to withstand a rocket attack, not an armed incursion. The doors are heavy, but they don’t have locks – they are not supposed to be lockable, for safety reasons.

Another soldier who lives in Urim said he heard gunfire but couldn’t make it to the shelter in time. “I heard a round of six bullets being shot right outside my room. I cannot tell you how scared I was. I didn’t know what I needed to do first: hide, lock my door, find a weapon, run to the nearest shelter?” the soldier, who asked not to be named, told CNN. “There was nowhere good to hide, and I ended up hiding in my closet.”

The soldier and Lucas said that when they were given the all-clear, an Israeli army unit was outside and had apprehended several militants who had tried to storm the kibbutz.

Nirim
    In Nirim, which lies less than a mile from the border with Gaza, residents had spent Friday – the day before the Hamas attack – celebrating the anniversary of the kibbutz’s founding. Guy, a 33-year-old painter, said he could not believe the horrors that began the next morning.

When he heard the alarm at 6.30 a.m., he did not think much of it. “Usually, it stops and starts after a few minutes then we get on with life,” he told a CNN team on the ground. But this time was different: The alarm did not stop, and rumors began to swirl. “Rumors started in the kibbutz that someone saw a terrorist in a car and heard Arabic,” he said. “It didn’t seem possible. We didn’t think it was happening.”

He had been waiting in the shelter with his wife, Tamar, and her mother. Tamar’s sisters had come to the kibbutz for Friday’s celebration, along with their husbands and three young children, who had stayed the night in another house in the kibbutz.

Although most houses in the kibbutz have shelters, they are designed to protect civilians from rockets – not armed intruders. “It’s impossible to lock from the inside. No one imagined there will be terrorists inside the kibbutz,” Guy said. He spent the next several hours holding the door “with my hand, with a knife in my pocket.”

“I was reading online: How can I fight with a knife?” he said. He had grabbed the only weapon he could find in his kitchen: “I could make a salad but I don’t think I could win against a gun.”

As he guarded the door, they heard gunshots and began to smell smoke. “Their strategy was to burn houses, to start fires so… people go outside,” he said. “Then they wanted to kill them or kidnap them.

“Finally, the military came at 7 p.m., something like that,” he said. Initially, they refused to open the door: They had been messaging others over WhatsApp all day, and had heard rumors “that the terrorists were also knocking on the door and saying they were military.”

He said his wife knew many people who had died. “They just slaughtered everyone. They killed kids, babies, grandmothers.”

Guy said everyone in the kibbutz was asking: “Where was our military?”

11. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I looked at a couple of those links will review more. I don't see pictures of babies.
    Reports of, yes. And they may be true. but it seems still not confirmed.

At this point i won't be shocked by reports of atrocities.

but also, at this point it's still "reports".

Last edited by revelarts; 10-12-2023 at 08:02 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I looked at a couple of those links will review more. I don't see pictures of babies.
    Reports of, yes. And they may be true. but it seems still not confirmed.

At this point i won't be shocked by reports of atrocities.

but also, at this point it's still "reports".

Right. We expect even pro-Muslim NYT to show a line up of baby heads-sort of like Barbie heads kids pull off. I'm shocked at your inhumanity towards innocents of wrong race/religion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Right. We expect even pro-Muslim NYT to show a line up of baby heads-sort of like Barbie heads kids pull off. I'm shocked at your inhumanity towards innocents of wrong race/religion.
    Oh and before going all 'pot and kettle,' deaf ears. Unless you can show where Israel did the missile attacks prior to the barbarians invaded or even turned off water/power prior to such.

Is the administration hiring, you sound very much like their spokespeople regarding proof about Iran's involvement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

It's the times of Israel not the NYTs
    and Yes I hope NO babies were beheaded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It's the times of Israel not the NYTs
    and Yes I hope NO babies were beheaded.
    You're not reading. Pictures of atrocities are not appearing in norm media. The pics they are showing are more than enough for most. You would have little trouble finding what you're looking for, Hamas uploaded many.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You're not reading. Pictures of atrocities are not appearing in norm media. The pics they are showing are more than enough for most. You would have little trouble finding what you're looking for, Hamas uploaded many.
    Think I posted a thread on this yesterday. Apparently, X is the place to be. Or was. How anyone could post such is beyond me, but then, there are those who refuse to believe it, even with pics.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I have seen tons of pictures on a few of the seedier sites that I sometimes visit and nothing is held back there. Along with the photos that were released of bloody beds/cribs/seat carriers and such. Of course, also video of Hamas shooting innocent people all over the place. Slaughtering people - EXACTLY what they promise to do to the enemy - and they did it.

I went to these 2 sites to see if there was any verification for myself, and sadly I found it.

When you commit such acts there will be a price to pay.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

21. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Think I posted a thread on this yesterday. Apparently, X is the place to be. Or was. How anyone could post such is beyond me, but then, there are those who refuse to believe it, even with pics.
    Yep, nearly all videos put up by Hamas fighters with phones/go pro.

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I am all for them being shown. ( Same with 911 jumpers hitting the sidewalk. )
    They should force Obama and Biden to look at them. Kind of like how Eisenhower forced german citizens to look at the horror in the concentration camps.

25. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post